Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bleeding during bowel movement

How many times has this happened?

I was also sleeved in November and the same thing happened to me. My stool was too hard the times it happened and I figured out it was because I was eating raw almonds. Gave them up and no more blood.

If it's prolonged please contact your physician

I have to take a stool softener twice a day and 2 T benefiber a day. I just had to keep an eye out because if it is too hard you will most likely bleed. I still do sometimes. Before the surgery i never had a problem and went every day. The Calcium is what kills me!

SW 350 (11/15)
BSW 260 (10/17/17)
CW 213.6 (2/16/18)
RGW 199
GW 175

My suggestion is to contact your surgeon. They would be better able to assist you and find a remedy for this matter.

Bright red means its near the exit, so not as concerning as dark red. It's likely hemroids. Stool softener should help and it should go away fairly quickly. If it doesn't talk to your team. Unfortunately its fairly common with hard stool or if you are constipated and straining. The joy of WLS :-)

Yep, hemorroids. Get some preparation H, use stool softeners or eat some cashews - they help me go.

How many times has this happened?
I was also sleeved in November and the same thing happened to me. My stool was too hard the times it happened and I figured out it was because I was eating raw almonds. Gave them up and no more blood.
If it's prolonged please contact your physician

Since surgery. I do bowel movement once a week or maximum two times in a week, so any time the bowel movement happens..

Since surgery. I do bowel movement once a week or maximum two times in a week, so any time the bowel movement happens..

Thank you guys for the information and recommendations!

@Vsglife who said you needed cashews...lol...I was giving advice about what works for me..

'is youse names (Mamie) @vsglife '@Lanli was the Op

Edited by Sosewsue61

IMHO once or twice a week is too sparse, it really should be every day or close to it. You need a ton more Fiber or what ever makes you regular.

I can't stand conventional Fiber so I drink Chicory root (coffee substitute called caffix) and it clears me out completely within hours.

Find what works and never be afraid to update your doctors about

EVERY. LITTLE. THING.

When my sirgeon’s office called about a week after surgery, I told them I was going once every few days and they said that was too infrequent. They trouble with going once a week is that you may end up with a blockage, and you DO NOT want a blockage.

My office said every other day or so, but no longer than 3 days. They suggested 1/2 to 3/4 a dose of Miralax daily. That has worked wonders and I went from severe issues the first 2 weeks to having no issues now.

I take Miralax every single day in my coffee. I have for the past 11 years. It is very safe and works very well.

Blockages are no joke and could kill you. Never go more than 3 days without seeking some kind of help.