Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just 5 hot wings & I’m stuffed! I love it!!

After working out at the Y I took my kids to Chuck E. cheese to play. They had some pizza & I ordered a 6 piece bone in hot wings (smallest they had) after 20 minutes I ate 5 of them & I’m stuffed! I love this except that I couldn’t even take a bite of my carrots or celery. I guess I’ll take it home for a snack in 3 hours.

I had the same number of wings and was so full, I realized I should have stopped at 4. Lol.

15 minutes ago, VSGnewguy said:

I had the same number of wings and was so full, I realized I should have stopped at 4. Lol.

I probably could’ve stopped at four and been fine but I didn’t eat for like four or five hours before I had them. I definitely felt full though.

Amazing how little fills you up. How do you do with the spice? I’ve had a little pepper jack, but holding back on spicier stuff for now.

4 minutes ago, Losebig said:

Amazing how little fills you up. How do you do with the spice? I’ve had a little pepper jack, but holding back on spicier stuff for now.

Never held back. I was on heartburn medication for over 20 years. I haven’t taken it since surgery & I pour Taco Bell fire sauce on almost everything I eat now.

After working out at the Y I took my kids to Chuck E. cheese to play. They had some pizza & I ordered a 6 piece bone in hot wings (smallest they had) after 20 minutes I ate 5 of them & I’m stuffed! I love this except that I couldn’t even take a bite of my carrots or celery. I guess I’ll take it home for a snack in 3 hours.

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda jealous you can eat 5! I can only manage 1-2 normal size wings 4 weeks out, and it takes me a good 20-30 mins to eat! They’re so freaking yum I don’t want to stop sometimes but sleeve says no lol .

Glad to hear you’ve been doing so well seahawks! Wishing you continued ease of recovery.

Just now, sleevedin2018 said:

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda jealous you can eat 5! I can only manage 1-2 normal size wings 4 weeks out, and it takes me a good 20-30 mins to eat! They’re so freaking yum I don’t want to stop sometimes but sleeve says no lol .

Glad to hear you’ve been doing so well seahawks! Wishing you continued ease of recovery.

I was thinking the same thing. I ate 2 wings and 2 and a half small celery sticks and i was stuffed! i order the hottest sauce with no problems. Thank God

6 hours ago, sleevedin2018 said:

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda jealous you can eat 5! I can only manage 1-2 normal size wings 4 weeks out, and it takes me a good 20-30 mins to eat! They’re so freaking yum I don’t want to stop sometimes but sleeve says no lol [emoji20].

They were actually quite small in size. Much smaller than Buffalo Wild Wings. Oh & thanks so much.

Edited by Seahawks Fan

5 hours ago, linda8 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I ate 2 wings and 2 and a half small celery sticks and i was stuffed! i order the hottest sauce with no problems. Thank God

Me as well. I have always loved spicy food while on medication for many years & now I pour it on everything without. So awesome!!

I have had to stop eating really hot stuff, it starts to upset my stomach and immediately enters into my esophagus and burns so bad I literally can't breathe. My throat burns so much the acid burns so bad and I can't breathe in any air until I use my inhaler. I thought it was happening only at nite from laying down but it does it during the day also. Keep your inhaler handy if you have this same reaction you're gonna need it.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, nomorefattypatty said:

I have had to stop eating really hot stuff, it starts to upset my stomach and immediately enters into my esophagus and burns so bad I literally can't breathe. My throat burns so much the acid burns so bad and I can't breathe in any air until I use my inhaler. I thought it was happening only at nite from laying down but it does it during the day also. Keep your inhaler handy if you have this same reaction you're gonna need it.

Are you on any medication for heartburn? I was told to go back on my Omeprazole if I continue to get heartburn but so far that hasn’t been the case.

Are you on any medication for heartburn? I was told to go back on my Omeprazole if I continue to get heartburn but so far that hasn’t been the case.

Yes I've been talking 40 mg. Omeprazole every day since I started having trouble with my pancreas ten years ago. It's a big help, the sleeve just doesn't want extremely spicy food in it, maybe it's not all the way healed, I'm gonna be 8 months out now and I learn something new about the sleeve and it's requirements every day. I also must say I'd do it over again in a minute. I was dreading getting back into exercise because I used to hurt so badly before, but after losing over 80 lbs. I can say exercise is easier than ever before. Everything in life is awesome now, I just keep my asthma inhaler with me at all times, I never know what else might trigger another attack.

43 minutes ago, nomorefattypatty said:

Yes I've been talking 40 mg. Omeprazole every day since I started having trouble with my pancreas ten years ago. It's a big help, the sleeve just doesn't want extremely spicy food in it, maybe it's not all the way healed, I'm gonna be 8 months out now and I learn something new about the sleeve and it's requirements every day. I also must say I'd do it over again in a minute. I was dreading getting back into exercise because I used to hurt so badly before, but after losing over 80 lbs. I can say exercise is easier than ever before. Everything in life is awesome now, I just keep my asthma inhaler with me at all times, I never know what else might trigger another attack.

I’ve been swimming & just started floor exercise/cardio. I used to run years ago & look forward to doing that again. Sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work.

I’ve been swimming & just started floor exercise/cardio. I used to run years ago & look forward to doing that again. Sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work.

Thank you, I'm just determined to not get back into that overweight self ever again.