Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going back to work after vsg

How long is tge healing process? I know every body is different when it comes to how we deal with pain, healing. I risk losing my job if im out a month to heal, any experience with how long it took to get back to work, i work in an office setting, small amount of going up stairs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I could have gone back after two weeks. Some people need a lot longer. You can't predict complications.

I could have gone back after two weeks. Some people need a lot longer. You can't predict complications.

Yeah thats true. Just would hate to lose my job, in all honesty id be grateful to just have the surgery and the rest ill figure out if need be.

If you file it as FML then you should be protected, or have you not been there long enough to be covered under FML?

I had initial complications but was able to return to work after 2 1/2 weeks. The main issue was having very little energy. I had a desk job so it wasn't as difficult for me to return and kept my days to 8 hours on the dot. If I had a physically demanding job then I would have needed at least another week.

Keep in mind most docs recommend 2-4 weeks off not only for healing but to get into a proper routine of getting your Protein and Water in. It's so easy to return to work, get caught up on busy day to day things, and then get behind on your water intake. Do that too much and you're screwed.

If you file it as FML then you should be protected, or have you not been there long enough to be covered under FML?

I had initial complications but was able to return to work after 2 1/2 weeks. The main issue was having very little energy. I had a desk job so it wasn't as difficult for me to return and kept my days to 8 hours on the dot. If I had a physically demanding job then I would have needed at least another week.
Keep in mind most docs recommend 2-4 weeks off not only for healing but to get into a proper routine of getting your Protein and Water in. It's so easy to return to work, get caught up on busy day to day things, and then get behind on your Water intake. Do that too much and you're screwed.

Ive been with this company for 7 yrs, the issue is that when i take a leave they eould need someone to cover my duties, and my fear is that they stick with whoever they replace me with and i come back to not being needed or hours cut, its a dear due to some internal changes happening and the need og my presence being one of em.

Ive been with this company for 7 yrs, the issue is that when i take a leave they eould need someone to cover my duties, and my fear is that they stick with whoever they replace me with and i come back to not being needed or hours cut, its a dear due to some internal changes happening and the need og my presence being one of em.

Not dear lol fear

How long is tge healing process? I know every body is different when it comes to how we deal with pain, healing. I risk losing my job if im out a month to heal, any experience with how long it took to get back to work, i work in an office setting, small amount of going up stairs.

I went back to work within a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I took 3 weeks because I had the hours accrued, but surgeon said I could have gone back at 2 weeks post op. I felt I needed a little more time.

I have a desk job, but some walking between meetings and such. I went back after 2 weeks. I expected to only work short days the first few, but worked full 8 hour days. I just pretty much sat on the couch after I got home the first week, but that was ok. Just completed my 2nd week of work - more energy when I got home in the evenings. Maybe this next week I'll even have energy to clean in the evening? or maybe I should milk that bit a little longer.... LOL

I'm home based, so I technically took no time off. But if I was still working at an office, I could have gone back 2 days post surgery. I'm one week out and feel 98% normal, only a little soreness on the incision. So everyone is different, but if you recover well then one week off would be possible.

I'm home based, so I technically took no time off. But if I was still working at an office, I could have gone back 2 days post surgery. I'm one week out and feel 98% normal, only a little soreness on the incision. So everyone is different, but if you recover well then one week off would be possible.

Ditto im having soreness also the same area had surgery the 9th

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app