Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved back in November so I’m a few months ahead of you. Also my starting weight of preop diets was 288 so much higher than yours so you won’t lose as fast most likely but trust me it will come off!

How did you lose so much weight I was sleeved on 2/2/18 and have not lost much HW-224 SW-212 CW-199

You have lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks, that is really good. That is 4 pounds per week. The average you should expect is 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. You are doing good. Patience my little friend.

I haven't seen you and don't know if this applies in your case. But usually when someone loses a lot of fat they also lose a lot of muscle. It takes a lot of all over exercise and making sure to always to get enough Protein for this not to be occur. The loose skin hangs oddly on the bones with out the right amount of muscle underneath. This is what makes people think emaciated and sick. I've seen it time and time again in weight loss surgery patients. Again, this may not apply to you. But keep it in mind and work out and get your protein to minimize this.

10 yrs ago I lost 40 lbs, got a lot of “you look great!” comments, but it was because I almost died. I don’t make comments on someone else’s weight loss unless they ask for encouragement. I don’t like to make comments on other people’s bodies to prevent “foot in mouth” disease

Not sure if the OP is around but I guess someone recycled this thread for a reason. I think people wonder if we are sick sometimes because of how fast we are losing. For obvious reasons that most people don’t lose this fast with diet and exercise alone but also because just like we often experience body dysmorphia, it’s hard for them to wrap their brains around our size shrinking again and again as it is changing so quickly. If you think about it, it’s never strangers that say such things because we REALLY don’t look sick. It’s just people who have seen us at our heaviest that make such comments. I think it’s the only way they can reconcile our new size. Give it time and most likely they would say that you looK fine a while down the road if you care to ask. Not that anything changes, it’s just that their brains have a chance to catch up. I would look to my doctor to be the judge of whether I was at a healthy weight, personally. That’s all that really matters is that we are indeed healthy. Honestly, I wouldn’t put much thought into anything someone like that says anyways (I mean someone who’s parents didn’t raise them better than to make a comment like that in the first place. Even if it were true we don’t say things like that to people).