Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 years of Lies

@Creekimp13 - while what I have to say about my own views/experiences may be different, I love the authenticity (best line ever, Fatness Everdeen).

Your post speaks to what I think is the most important part of this journey, which is the opportunity to resolve for ourselves a whole host of things - our relationship to our body, being fat, food, health, exercise. I can't imagine long term success without resolving that.

For myself, I had decided that it was critical that I drive a Mack Truck through the opening called "honeymoon" phase and loose as much weight as possible as quickly as possible. While I was much heavier than you, I believed good results, a leaner body and the ability to be more active would motivate me to change habits and handle being so willing to destroy my body and health for 10 minutes of food-pleasure over a period of decades.

I am in my 11th month, so we shall see, but I find myself naturally responding to an uptick in the scale, dealing with automatic behaviors, thinking before I hit the order button on seamless and really asking myself "why am I buying this" in the grocery store. More often than not, I end up not doing certain things that were natural. On Sunday I walked into a Checkers to order a small fry and walked out. It didn't take effort, it was natural. What has me do that is not anything about discipline or forcing myself to do/not do anything. It's that I am resolving stuff about myself and my body. While I may have walked in as a function of a reflex, I walked out because I am no longer that reflex.

Thank you.

I could have written this post. Thank you. I was sleeved in January and have taken the same approach as you. I’ve lost 46 lbs but for me it’s not just about pounds this time. It’s about being healthy and feeling good and not dieting. My surgeons nutritionist said there should be nothing in your diet now that is “bad food” or “safe” foods. She said get that diety mindset out of your head. Eat healthy. Eat Protein first because that’s what your body needs. Eat vegetables next because that’s what your body needs. If there is room after you met your protein goals have complex carbs because they give you more fuel than sugary ones. This is not about what you can and can’t eat anymore- it’s about what is good for you and what makes you feel good. No more yo yo. No more extreme. Just good and healthy and moderate. Good luck to you- to all of us.

Thanks op for writing this I feel the same way even though I am pre op I need to find balance I need to rework the thoughts in my head that make eating pleasure reward and all that

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app