Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

Hi all. I'm on schedule for mid-May, no date set yet, but it's looking like I might have to push it back a little bit because my wife is going to have a knee replacement in late April or early may herself. We have to wait until the kids are home from college so they can stay with her while I'm at work. I'll probably wait until three weeks after her surgery before I have mine, so we'll be laid up together for a while.

Neither of my kids drive, so my daughter will have to take me to my surgery in an Uber. It's going to be done outpatient so she'll have a long day sitting in the surgical center. I'll probably have to explain to the staff multiple times that while my daughter looks 15, she's already 21. Also fortunate is that since both my wife and I will be laid up together, both my kids can cook.

As for what I'm looking forward to after surgery, mostly it's not having to do my laundry every few days because I've refused to buy any more clothes once I figured out how much I've spent in the past two years as I continued to expand. I don't want to go out and buy new clothes, I just want my old ones to fit again. (Also, as a guy, I'm fine with ordering shirts and pants on Amazon, so it's not like I'm going out to buy them now either.)

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, craven.jennah09 said:

Wow, that was fast.... I wish it could be that fast for me....

Sent from my A466BG using BariatricPal mobile app

I think it was so fast for me because I work for UnityPoint Hospital and they have multiple locations. I work in the Dubuque one and I am going to the Trinity one for surgery. So there wasn't much of a middle man since I'm going through the same hospital I am employed.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, BGrundee said:

Hey Becky,

I have my last nutrition visit in April too and we have the same name!! Wooo hoo. April 2nd is my last nutrit. and paperwork submital date. My weightloss coordinator suggest on 4/02 I start the 2 week pre-op liquid, so by the time I get approved for surgery I would already be on the liquid diet and could schedule surgery date as soon as early as possible. Im excited to be on this journey and can't wait!!

I start my liquid diet 2 days after you on the 4th. It sounds like you will be 2 days ahead of me and we will pretty much be having our surgery around the same time!!!!

15 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

I start my liquid diet 2 days after you on the 4th. It sounds like you will be 2 days ahead of me and we will pretty much be having our surgery around the same time!!!!

Yay!!! We can check up on each other! Im excited about the liquid diet and dreading it at the same time. Its going to be struggle but mind over matter, right? =)

My surgeon told me that she will be using the Davinci Robot to perform my sleeve. I am afraid of that. What is she slips and makes a huge mistake. In addition she will be having a student Dr. assist her. Why me? So she put my surgery off until May 9. I read on here that the final weight is on the day of surgery. That doesn't make much sense. What if you are on the edge like me. I just barely qualify. Meaning my bmi just barely qualifies me. Any thoughts ?

IMG_2496.JPG I wanted to share this with my April/May Sleevers!! I’m hoping I can find them in my local Sam’s Club since they are so new! Definitely something to consider on our liquid diets. Some new flavors and variety could be a good thing! I like options lol. As soon as I get a box I will do a review on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoDS8UYKi9Wu1__0j9qJ8rA I already have my favorites so it would be nice to add more to the list #GoGetYouSome

My surgeon told me that she will be using the Davinci Robot to perform my sleeve. I am afraid of that. What is she slips and makes a huge mistake. In addition she will be having a student Dr. assist her. Why me? So she put my surgery off until May 9. I read on here that the final weight is on the day of surgery. That doesn't make much sense. What if you are on the edge like me. I just barely qualify. Meaning my bmi just barely qualifies me. Any thoughts ?

I think you should have a say on rather or not a student Dr assist in on your surgery. There should be several qualified individuals there but I’d recommend you having that conversation with your surgeon if it makes you nervous. If it’s out of your hands just stay positive and know that everything will be just fine. The final weigh in on the day of surgery is definitely confusing and my question would be rather or not it is a determining factor of if the surgery happens? Do you have a coordinator you can speak with? I would ask and find out more about that part to if I were you.

Hello I am new here I have my last nutritionist appointment the 20th of march.my insurance required 6 months..I have had sugery before spinal medications have caused my weight to escalate an I am now diabetic I will wait for insurance approval for my date should be April..My sister is getting gastric bypass in april even though we are 2000 miles apart we communicate every day an share our thoughts about up coming surgery ..I cannt wait ready to be healthy again

My surgery date is set for April 6th in Mexico. I know many people are skeptical about Medical Tourism but I have done a lot of research and am really excited to be taking this step!

My surgery date is set for April 6th in Mexico. I know many people are skeptical about Medical Tourism but I have done a lot of research and am really excited to be taking this step!

I think you are making the best choice for you and if I had to do the same I would. I’ve seen a lot of great success stories coming out of Mexico. I’m super excited for you. We all have the same goal...to be healthy and happy!! I can’t wait to hear about your experience:)

22 hours ago, Macs1978 said:

Congratulations! I considered and researched Mexico for a awhile as the first 5 months, Aetna was giving me a hardtime with approval. Fortunately DMHC overturned the denials and now im back on track with a local surgeon. Don't worry You will be good hands =). Is a trusted friend going with you or are you taking the trip alone? I suggest taking a friend to help calm the nerves.

Hello, my last class is on March 13th and I pray I get an April or May surgery date. I watch a lot of peoples journeys on youtube and I just never realized there were so many people doing and trying to do what I am/we are. I am proud of all of us for finally making the choise to make us healthier and happier.

22 minutes ago, It's about Me said:

...I just never realized there were so many people doing and trying to do what I am/we are....

It used to be that if someone was trying to pay you a compliment and call you special and unique they'd say "You're one in a million." The problem is that in a world with a population of seven billion, calling you one in a million would mean there are still seven thousand people just like you.

Bet here are some stats showing that around 216,000 bariatric surgeries were performed in 2016. It's not clear whether that's worldwide or just the US, but if it is the US that would work out to one in every 1,481 people in the country. It's funny how 216,000 people sounds like a lot but 1 in 1,481 doesn't sound like many at all.

https://asmbs.org/resources/estimate-of-bariatric-surgery-numbers

Please

I am really scared . I am 240 lbs now 49 yrs

over weight fir the past 20 yrs . No medical problems so far other than asthma with obesity . I know this is right thing to do but still very scared