Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?



Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, velynna said:

Mine is March 27th

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am very glad i am not along good luck and be kind to yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Carolina12 said:

Had surgery March 19th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Carolina12 said:

Had surgery March 19th.

Hope everything is going good with recovery. I go on 3/27, doing 2 day liquid diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dav1700 said:

No one can tell anyone what to do in there journey but I know I had same feelings. It seemed all the months leading up I was super motivated but when I got down to last week it seemed everything changed. My last week every day had second thoughts and even sitting waiting day of still second thoughts. Myself did go through with surgery and one week out no regrets. Ultimately it’s your body you have to make choice but I know I made right one. Keep the faith!

Very well said, I couldn’t find the words. But thanks to you, I will keep the faith when all seems lost. Good luck to everyone, Thank you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, frust8 said:

You are swollen still from 1. Just having had major surgery 2. You had tubing in your trachea to assist with your breathing while unconscious. 3.you had an endoscopy tube down your esophagus and into your stomach to help size your sleeve properly 4. You had been NPO since midnight the night before? Your throat might have been as dry as the Kalahari Desert. Even with a lot of lubrication things might have scraped a little going,in and when they were removed. Hey it should rapidly get better day by day, you'll soon be fine and able to smile about this chapter in your journey.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m keeping this as a reminder when I’m done too, Thank you all for the awesome support. It really means the world and makes incredible difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is day 10 of my pre-op liquid diet and tomorrow is surgery day!! I’m so excited and a bit nervous that it’s finally here! Really hoping to get some sleep tonight...




HW: 420 SW:320 CW: 288 GW: 185
Sleeve: 03/26/18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hopeful_GS said:

Today is day 10 of my pre-op liquid diet and tomorrow is surgery day!! I’m so excited and a bit nervous that it’s finally here! Really hoping to get some sleep tonight...




HW: 420 SW:320 CW: 288 GW: 185
Sleeve: 03/26/18

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joey70 said:

Hope everything is going good with recovery. I go on 3/27, doing 2 day liquid diet.

It is. I have lost 16 lb since 3/19. I feel good. Two days after surgery was the worst. Then better everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 19th sleever here. Here is the way I see it. I have been using food my entire life to cope with things that I am at a point where I am just sick of it. I am sick of what I have done to my myself. The opportunities that I have missed. The shame and embarrassment of being overweight and the real stigma that exists. I just did something about it. I know it is only a tool but less then a week out, I feel like I have more energy. The pain is subsiding, and I can see a future. No one said this would be easy, but I am going to put in the effort and achieve my goal weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuzzVSG said:

March 19th sleever here. Here is the way I see it. I have been using food my entire life to cope with things that I am at a point where I am just sick of it. I am sick of what I have done to my myself. The opportunities that I have missed. The shame and embarrassment of being overweight and the real stigma that exists. I just did something about it. I know it is only a tool but less then a week out, I feel like I have more energy. The pain is subsiding, and I can see a future. No one said this would be easy, but I am going to put in the effort and achieve my goal weight.

Very well said, I agree and feel the same exact way. Good for you, I pray that all you want will come to pass. Thank you for your words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to the March sleevers this week! You will do great, you are stronger than you think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was sleeved yesterday. Woke up in an extreme amount of pain. My hospital is having a painkiller shortage so they wanted to make sure they don’t give any more than what is absolutely necessary....to my detriment. Other than the first hour after my surgery, I’m doing great. I’m sore with bouts of pain but can get up and walk around anytime the mood hits.
Since I haven’t had anything to drink since Sunday night around 7pm, I would give the nurse my car if she would let me have some Water. I’ve never been so thirsty in my life!! I have my upper GI test this morning before 10 and of all does well- I’ll finally get to drink something!


HW: 420 SW:320 CW: 288 GW: 185
Sleeve: 03/26/18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I’m scheduled for March 26th too!




Just reading these and realized that today was March 26! I hope everyone’s surgeries went well and that you’re all feeling excited and determined. Keep us updated!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×