Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

2 hours ago, Divasleeve78 said:

On March 15th, a butterfly will leave this chrysalis and I am beyond excited!

That is one of the best descriptions I've read yet!

I am on the 14th and soooo excited to get started. I was super nervous yesterday and had a really not great day. Today has been good, even did some exercise. Had to stop because I had a low blood sugar but it felt good after it went back up,

For those that have type 2 diabetes, how much did you have to cut down on insulin? I started at a base of 35 units with a sliding scale. For my lunch time Protein Shake I took 16 and then had the low. So i'll go down to 14 on the next meal. The lows are frustrating

First night home in my own bed!! I slept hugging a pillow, which was very comfortable. I kept in check of the pain, and stayed on track with the pain meds. I slept until after noon!!! I'm having Jello for the first time since surgery on Tuesday. My goal is 48oz of clear fluids today, (4) five minute walks and healing!! How is everyone else doing?!

HW 303
SW 278 (goal)
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeve 3/6/18

Had my surgery yesterday, 3/9 was able to take sips of Water when I got to my room after recovery. Had a slight fever over night so I have to stay one more day just for observation. I also had my first meals today. Was able to keep down broth, and jello no problem. Have not had much gas pain. Just a little sore in my tummy area.

Had my surgery yesterday, 3/9 was able to take sips of Water when I got to my room after recovery. Had a slight fever over night so I have to stay one more day just for observation. I also had my first meals today. Was able to keep down broth, and Jello no problem. Have not had much gas pain. Just a little sore in my tummy area.

Wow!! Our program keeps you 3 nights in hospital. I'm so excited for such a speedy recovery for you!!!

HW 303
SW 278 (goal)
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

First night home in my own bed!! I slept hugging a pillow, which was very comfortable. I kept in check of the pain, and stayed on track with the pain meds. I slept until after noon!!! I'm having Jello for the first time since surgery on Tuesday. My goal is 48oz of clear fluids today, (4) five minute walks and healing!! How is everyone else doing?!

HW 303
SW 278 (goal)
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeve 3/6/18

I’m 3 days post op and got most of the gas out at the hospital. They really get u moving so that helped.

Very sore, but each days get a little bit easier. Not sleeping well bc I’m a stomach sleeper and can’t just yet.

I’m not quite getting my Protein in. First day home I only did 30g of protein and Water. It was tough to drink so slowly and afraid of drinking too much.
But today It’s easier to drink, just not where I should be still with protein intake and fluids

I’m 3 days post op and got most of the gas out at the hospital. They really get u moving so that helped.

Very sore, but each days get a little bit easier. Not sleeping well bc I’m a stomach sleeper and can’t just yet.

I’m not quite getting my Protein in. First day home I only did 30g of Protein and Water. It was tough to drink so slowly and afraid of drinking too much.
But today It’s easier to drink, just not where I should be still with protein intake and fluids

I'm a stomach sleeper, too. Ive found that hugging a pillow and sleeping on my side is still comfortable. I don't get to start Protein until Monday after I call and check in with my surgeon. I'm sore, but like you said, it is getting easier [emoji4]

HW 303
SW 278
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

The PA that works with my surgeon told me GasX works for gas in the bowels, which isn't the area of concern. Which begs the question: how does air exit the abdomen -- isn't it through the digestive tract?

Apparently the body absorbs the gas over time. Or so I’ve been told.

March 5th here, my name is Milton been struggling with Water been walking 1hr a day, this morning got a bit to comfortable with Protein Shake ended up bloated had to lay down for a while, been having crazy food anxiety but been able to manage i lost 19 pounds in 5 days

Congratulations on your weight loss, I hope when I have my surgery I do so good Also. I will be a RnY, yeah I know this is sleeve forum but on Bariatric Pal we visit back and forth. Our innards may get rearranged,a little differently,but we are all in this weight loss derby together. We all support each other and often feel each other's pain. Welcome and we hope we can help you in your recovery.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, MiltonP said:

March 5th here, my name is Milton been struggling with Water been walking 1hr a day, this morning got a bit to comfortable with Protein Shake ended up bloated had to lay down for a while, been having crazy food anxiety but been able to manage i lost 19 pounds in 5 days

Wow! 19 pounds in 5 days is incredible! Do try hard to get Water and Fluid in. You don't want to get dehydrated and end up back in the hospital.

Hi Milton!! I walk about 5 minutes four times a day for now. You're way ahead of the game! Superstar! I haven't lost much which is baffling to me since they removed body parts and I've only had liquids. Tonight, I had Jello for dinner, 1/3 of a cup and it was almost too much!! Logging it in myfitnesspal, I could see my old food ways and how much jello i had before. Day and night!!!!

HW 303
SW 278
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

Hi Milton!! I walk about 5 minutes four times a day for now. You're way ahead of the game! Superstar! I haven't lost much which is baffling to me since they removed body parts and I've only had liquids. Tonight, I had Jello for dinner, 1/3 of a cup and it was almost too much!! Logging it in myfitnesspal, I could see my old food ways and how much Jello i had before. Day and night!!!!

HW 303
SW 278
CW 275
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

Well the way i see it is the more you walk the faster the road to recovery i tolerate cold Water better than room temperature , keep doing the works we'll get through this

Sent from my RS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

My kids bought me that stuffed stomach too! I love him! ❤️