Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Hello all! We are approaching our one year surgiversary. How is everybody doing?

I’m down 140 lbs and have about 40 lbs to go til I hit my doctor’s goal. My one year post op will be March 14 and I’m excited to see the official weigh in. To help with the last bit of weight I’m starting a plan with a weight loss doctor. She’s not a surgeon, but can help with nutrition and monitoring vitals (blood pressure, Vitamin deficiencies, heart health, etc.). I last saw my surgeon at 6 months and will now be going in only for annual visits. I need a little bit more accountability on a monthly basis, so I think this will be a great way to help me finish and make sure I’m healthy as well.

Is anybody already at goal?

Does anyone else get nervous when you read the posts from fellow sleevers that lost 15-20 in the beginning and then nothing else? Must admit it does make me a little nervous. It has got to be so devastating to Work so hard to get to this point and then you lose such a little amount of weight.

YES! I was just telling my husband that I am now freaking out as I have the sleeve scheduled on the 6th.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ladies, Gentlemen, Fellow Fighters of Fat- How humbled I am to make your acquaintance. For the record, I had to look up how to spell acquaintance. My name is John. I am a 32-year-old father of four little girls, I have a wife, two female dogs, and six fish that I am entirely certain are all female. All living in the same house. On purpose. My surgery is scheduled for March 5 in the AM and my new life is scheduled for March 5 in the PM. I start my 2-week preop diet tomorrow and honestly what I'm most excited about is that I'm actually going to be eating Jell-O (on purpose) for the first time since I was a kid. Well, the first time without it being mixed with everclear and poured in a disposable shot glass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Do they still sell everclear? Lol. Nice to meet you John. My name is Julie. My husband and I have 0 human children, 2 male dogs, 2 male cats, a Male gecko, and a female parrot who we thought was male for 15 years...but she is a girl...named Clyde.

My sleeve is scheduled on the 6th. Will be sending positive thoughts for all of us having procedures in March!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

@sneezergirl FYI, this thread was from people last March in 2018, so I imagine John had his procedure a year ago. But congrats on your upcoming surgery and the beginning of your new life. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Hi again! Any suggestions in breaking stalls? It’s literally been months. What have you all done? Anyone do a week of liquids again ?(like a reset). Wondering if that works. Thanks !!!!

sleeved 3/1/18 down 40 lbs. not moved in 3 mos.

6 hours ago, Stevie the Sleevey said:

@sneezergirl FYI, this thread was from people last March in 2018, so I imagine John had his procedure a year ago. But congrats on your upcoming surgery and the beginning of your new life. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Good morning and I had my surgery March 2018 .. yes I have hit a stall but still trying to maintain. I have reach my goal but the goal of the doctors I’m not sure but from weighting 367 to 165. At this point it’s trying to stay on track and I say to myself I’m not dieting this is a lifestyle change and I’m commmited. So fellow BariatricPals congratulations on your one year and congratulations to the ones who made the choice

18 hours ago, Stevie the Sleevey said:

Hello all! We are approaching our one year surgiversary. How is everybody doing?

I’m down 140 lbs and have about 40 lbs to go til I hit my doctor’s goal. My one year post op will be March 14 and I’m excited to see the official weigh in. To help with the last bit of weight I’m starting a plan with a weight loss doctor. She’s not a surgeon, but can help with nutrition and monitoring vitals (blood pressure, Vitamin deficiencies, heart health, etc.). I last saw my surgeon at 6 months and will now be going in only for annual visits. I need a little bit more accountability on a monthly basis, so I think this will be a great way to help me finish and make sure I’m healthy as well.

Is anybody already at goal?

Hello. I am down 70lbs with 10-15 more to go. My one year post op is March 5. I have kinda stalled a bit and I'm finding it hard to get off the last few pounds.

Edited by NelliSleeve

I am so happy to read about everyone's success!

I had my surgery on March 7th and have lost 87 lbs. I have another 7-10 lbs to go but have been at a stall for a couple of months. My body seems to be happy where it is and I am a-ok with that. I feel awesome, look good, and have a ton of NSVs that keep me going. Best decision I ever made for myself!! Hope everyone else is feeling the same!

had mine on march 5 2018 im 30 lbs below my initial goal weight, everytime i reached my goal i set another one so after 200 i wanted to go down to 190 then 185 then 180 finally 175, was 300 before surgery im 170 today, still want to lose 4 more pounds before my 1 year anniversary, dont even know why maybe i just like the number either way im healthy i look healthy lets see what happens

Hi there! Stalls are a bummer.

I was sleeved on 3/28/2018 and had great success for the first 5 months. Down 25 pre-surgery and another 40 post surgery. Then I went into a stall that has dragged out over 5 months. So to get back on track I went back to my monthly group session about 3 weeks ago after missing 3-4 months. I received some inspiration when I saw my surgery buddy there and he had lost a total of 121. Then I went to see my doctor.

My problem stems from overeating, plain and simple. The eating of everything came too easy and I increased the sizes of portions too much and too fast. So doctor wants me to return to 3 small meals daily with no more than 2 Snacks especially watching carbs on the snacks. While I was focused on my carb count he suggested tracking calories for awhile to see how much I was eating overall.

To get back into the action my plan returns me to my pre-surgery High Protein/Modified Carb diet of about 1500-1600 calories and 70-100 carbs a day. Many of my female peers say they had to stay around 70 carbs to keep losing. Also making sure to avoid evening or late night snacks.

So it looks like I am breaking my stall and finally broke through a weight level where I had first hit 6 months ago. Now to keep working at it.

Thanks for your response. I’m feeling that this may also be the case. I have to really keep my eating in line. It’s good to know that this pulled you out of the stall, so I’m hopeful that I can pull myself out of this too.

Thanks!

March 13th here

Glad to hear everyone is good since my last post.

March 7th is my sleeve-iversary. I had no goal from my team so I set my own. Just had my labs done last week for the upcoming one year appointment, all looks good so far. Close to hitting my goal but may continue a bit past. i'll see where my body decides to go. Just happy that I've come this far and looking forward to the rest of the year.

Hello my fellow sleevers, congratulations to everyone on your one year Sleeve-rsary. I’m glad to hear all the positive results from everyone. As for me i had amazing results i’ve lost a total of 130lbs and i feel like a kid all over again. Is been a learning experience but for the most part i can’t complain. Quick tip for those who are dealing with stalls and not enough loss of weight do your reseach on the Keto diet. It has done wonders for me. I went from stalling to loosing 30 pounds in the past few months. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE DIET.