Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

I'm doing okay. I have lost 40 pounds. I am a revision surgery from band to sleeve. I have had some beers and some cocktails recently and also have cheated a few times on my food plan but I ate in smaller amounts than I would have. I'd like to drop another 20 pounds but I'm fitting into a lot of my skinny clothes again so that's encouraging. I try to walk 10,000 steps five times per week.

I'm doing well! I stick to Protein, veggies 90% of the time and avoid sweets 100% which is my trigger. I am 82lbs down and only about 20 from my goal. I feel amazing, can run around with my family, love shopping and don't hesitate to say YES to anything anymore. There are days I am actually still surprised when I walk by a mirror and see myself. I do not obsess daily about my weight and it is freeing. I have had a lot of stress in my life this last few months and I would not have been able to mentally get through it if I was 80lbs heavier. I have lost a lot of hair, but I had a lot to begin with so it wasn't too bad for me, but I have noticed that it is starting to slow down, so i think it will stop soon. Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing!

55 minutes ago, FancyChristine15 said:

Hey, fellow March sleevers. We're all 6 months post-op now! How is everyone doing?

I'm down 56 lbs. which seems low to me but my surgeon says that my results are exceptional. I'm 4' 11". I started at a size 16/XL almost 18 and I'm now a 8/10/Medium. I have about 20 lbs. more to lose based on the goal given to me by my nutritionist. It's interesting because I had originally selected a goal of 135 lbs. but I guess in looking at my body composition and muscle tone she felt I could be heavier. I do have muscular legs and I wanted to keep my curves.

I've been in the gym strength training since 6-weeks post-op. I feel stronger, definitely much lighter. My main goal is to continue to reduce the fat around my waist and inner thigh (I'm hoping this is where the rest of the 20 lbs. will come from because I really don't have fat anywhere else), build muscles and shape my body.

I feel like I'm struggling, but I don't know if that's just me being me, or if I'm actually struggling. lol. I'm down about 110 over all, 80 from surgery. I'm trying to look at it like losing 110 lbs in 9 months is UNHEARD of, that I'm doing well. My hair is still coming out a lot, but I'm happy with how much I'm able to do now. I can cross my legs in a chair!! I'm the weight I was when I was a Senior in High School!! I'M SMALLER THAN MY MOM!!!

IDK, I guess I'm just not sure if I'm doing it right? Eh. Anyone else have doubts about themselves?

3 minutes ago, BeanieSprouts said:

I feel like I'm struggling, but I don't know if that's just me being me, or if I'm actually struggling. lol. I'm down about 110 over all, 80 from surgery. I'm trying to look at it like losing 110 lbs in 9 months is UNHEARD of, that I'm doing well. My hair is still coming out a lot, but I'm happy with how much I'm able to do now. I can cross my legs in a chair!! I'm the weight I was when I was a Senior in High School!! I'M SMALLER THAN MY MOM!!!

IDK, I guess I'm just not sure if I'm doing it right? Eh. Anyone else have doubts about themselves?

Your results are amazing!!! Keep it up. I doubt myself as well but what I had to remember is that your results are more than what shows up on the scale but also the non-scale victories. Imagine how much you have done for your health. You are only going to continue to make progress if you keep doing what you are doing.

1 hour ago, it'sonlythefirststep said:

Doing good down 108 lbs. Over 52inches down in all areas of my body. I still have to slow myself down while eating. I’ve always ate fast. I did develop acid reflux afterwards so I take meds for that daily. Have not started lifting weights but I should have. I work around the house cleaning/cooking plus outside taking care of 6. alpacas and gardening. How about you?

@it'sonlythefirststep I'm doing well! Down 160. I haven't been measuring inches, but I'm down multiple clothing sizes. I had acid reflux prior to surgery, but, thankfully, it hasn't gotten any worse, so I'm happy about that. Glad to hear that you're doing well.

1 hour ago, jewels1425 said:

Doing well. Same thing with slowing down the eating. I have to still work at listening to my sleevie when it’s full. Down 48 lbs and thinning hair!! But it’s a work in progress. What are some “good calories” to eat that can jump start weight loss again. Anyone know? I don’t get a lot of help from my MD. I was a self pay and don’t have a lot of follow up consults. So I google a lot. Any help is appreciated.

Of course, I'm not a pro, but I would say to concentrate on eating your Proteins first. I try to get 100g of Protein daily, and I think it's helped me a lot.

15 minutes ago, BeanieSprouts said:

It's sounds like you're doing GREAT, @BeanieSprouts! 110 pounds in 9 months is fantastic!

22 minutes ago, NelliSleeve said:

Your results are amazing!!! Keep it up. I doubt myself as well but what I had to remember is that your results are more than what shows up on the scale but also the non-scale victories. Imagine how much you have done for your health. You are only going to continue to make progress if you keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you! I appreciate the reality check, especially about the Non-Scale Victories. My brother and I went to Salem in August and I walked 5 miles and HE was the one to ask for a break! You're doing great as well, Congrats on being so close to goal!

13 minutes ago, FancyChristine15 said:

It's sounds like you're doing GREAT, @BeanieSprouts! 110 pounds in 9 months is fantastic!

Thank you! You have had AMAZING success too! Keep it up!

VSG on March 2,2018 pretty pleased with my new tool. HW 380, SW 315, CW 224. Have come a long ways already. With many more roads to travel. But this is one hell of a start I think. How are you other March sleepers doing?

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

You look great! Keep it up. I saw my surgeon Thursday. I’ve lost 105lbs. We changed my goal weight. When we first talked back in January it was 135 goal weight. Now I personally think at that weight I will look too skinny. So we agreed upon 145lbs... my primary doc agreed on Friday since I went for a physical I am not big on pics so I don’t take many. Maybe I will when I'm done

Edited by it'sonlythefirststep

105 since surgery. That’s awesome!!! Congratulations!! My bariatric office has a goal of 150. I don’t believe I can get there. But I’m shooting for at least 180 and healthy. Life is great!!

Hello all!! I had my VSG on 03/26 and aside from losing 80% of my hair- I think I’m doing average. I feel good, which is what I care the most about.
I started this journey at 320, I was 297 when I weighed in at the hospital before surgery. Today I’m 211 and counting. Although slower, I’m still losing weight.
I’m 6’1, so my height is definitely an advantage for weight distribution.

I’ve refocused my energy and goals from losing weight to getting strong. I still drink at least one Protein Drink a day but am still finding it difficult to meet my 100g Protein goal.

I feel super blessed that I have this tool and work so hard to make smart food choices every day that now, it’s easy to pass on the junk that I know won’t fuel my body. I’m super conscious of what I eat because I have to make sure I get my protein and I feel like I can put so little into my body now, why waste valuable space with junk that isn’t going to make me feel good.
I’ve also been working out 4-5 days a week to try and build muscle, Not seeking results but feeling them.

So now the down side-
My hair, it’s SO THIN and breaking. I had to chop it off (to my chin, now I fully have a mom bob) and it still looks so thin!! 😭
Opinionated people- I’m not sure what makes people (not good friends or family) think that it’s ok to comment on my weight. I mean at first it was flattering but now- it’s like, ok. I get it, I was fat and now I’m less fat. I get it all the time, from random people that I’ve seen in my office building, neighbors, etc. My favorite is “you’ve always had such a pretty face but I would have never thought you’d look like this!” Some of you may be rolling their eyes, I would be if I were you, but I’m serious. I don’t know how to handle this and it’s becoming overwhelming, frustrating, and overall making me angry. Tell me I’m crazy and to stop complaining.
Also, Why do people think it’s ok to tell me that I don’t need to lose any more weight??? Its mainly my co-workers and a few friends who have said this to me. It’s not ok to tell someone that they need to lose, not lose, or gain weight. Anyone else having this issue?