Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Surgery on 3/28 lost 54 pre-op and 31 pounds post op. The loss has slowed but I have upped my workouts building more muscle. As long as the inches come off and I make it to goal, I am not really concerned.

Sleeved 3/7 and down 33lbs from surgery date. Total of 73lbs since first weigh in at the seminar in November.

I tend to freak out like how have I only lost 33lbs since surgery.

Stuuuuuck again
I am working out more and struggling to get to 1200 calories. I guess that’s it

Hi everyone! I was sleeved 03/14/18 and was just cleared for solid, normal food yesterday! I'm down 46 from surgery and 76 overall from December. I get really sick sometimes, they think there's scar tissue building on my incision line? Either way, as long as I progress and feel better it's all the same to me!

Is anyone having issues with loose skin yet? I have been getting a rash in my stomach area from the weight loss. And I am wondering what is a good amount of time to look into a Tummy Tuck? I was sleeved on March 26th. Thanks!
How much weight have you lost since your surgery???

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Pretty sure it is too early.....

how much more weight do you need to lose?

I was sleeved 3/27 and since surgery date have lost about 40lbs and 20 lbs pre-op.

keep the area dry, and get a prescription from a dermatologist for an anti-fungal cream before it gets worse

good luck

how about Hair loss? ?...I am losing a lot!,!

I’ve started having problems with the skin on my stomach as well. I got prescribed an anti-fungal powder and they documented it for insurance purposes for when I do try to go for skin removal surgery. My surgeon won’t have us consult with a plastic surgeon until a year out. The Hair loss is horrible!!! Im taking Biotin and using nioxin to try to get plenty of regrowth as quickly as possible. I’ve lost a total of 81 pounds, 17 of which were pre-op.

Hey everybody! I haven’t checked here since I had surgery 3/14. I’m down 71 lbs post-op.

My hair is thinning a lot now too. I’ve always had thick hair so shedding happens, but it’s been bad the last month. I upped my Biotin to 15,000 mg (15 g) a day and the hair is at least not coming out in clumps anymore. It seems Hair loss is pretty inevitable for bariatric patients.

The skin under my stomach I have to be careful stays dry, but I had that problem before surgery too. The stomach is a lot smaller though now! Yay!

I’ve started swimming the last month for exercise. Yes, I actually bought a swimsuit and wear it in public. I am so proud of my weight loss that I don’t even care what people think anymore. In fact, next week, Hubby and I are going to a waterpark! I checked on weight restrictions and everything is ok. This is the first time I’ve gone since high school (I’m 36). Anybody else have some non scale victories (nsv) to Celebrate?

I was sleeved March 21st. I'm down a total of 40 lbs. I love in Chile and started doing a therapy called carboxytherapy 1 month after surgery...it helps to keep th e skin from becoming flaccid..and it really works. I'm not sure where or hit much it costs in the States.

Good luck

Sammi

On 5/31/2018 at 5:41 PM, LLG1981 said:

Surgery on 3/28 lost 54 pre-op and 31 pounds post op. The loss has slowed but I have upped my workouts building more muscle. As long as the inches come off and I make it to goal, I am not really concerned.

I really like your attitude because its not solely about how many pounds lost. I was sleeved 3/5 and down 32 lbs since surgery. My weight loss has slow down to the tune of maybe 2 lbs a month BUT with the weight training I'm doing my body is changing. Every time I look in the mirror there is something different or smaller about my body and it is very noticeable to others.

Feeling like I’m failing! Sleeved 3/1-only down 40 lbs and having a hard time. I self paid for this surgery because I was serious about getting myself healthier but I can’t seem to find the motivation. I do well one day then slip up the next. My surgeon said you loose the most weight the first year and he sounded disappointed in me. Anyone else struggling? How do you keep focused and motivated ???? Help !!!

On 08/01/2018 at 00:33, jewels1425 said:

Feeling like I’m failing! Sleeved 3/1-only down 40 lbs and having a hard time. I self paid for this surgery because I was serious about getting myself healthier but I can’t seem to find the motivation. I do well one day then slip up the next. My surgeon said you loose the most weight the first year and he sounded disappointed in me. Anyone else struggling? How do you keep focused and motivated ???? Help !!!
I’m down 42 from surgery (3/7) I average around 2lbs a week. I’ve hit two stalls that lasted 2-3 weeks each time.
Stay focused! You got this one step at a time. You’re 40lbs less than you were!