Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Sleeve 3/12. I am down a total of 55 pounds including preop diet. I think I’m in a stall currently. I haven’t lost anything in a week

I'm a bit concerned.. I read about all of you who were sleeved in March. I had mine March 21. You have all lost much more weight than I have. In total, pre and post op I am down 34 lbs. I started at around 214 and am now at 181. Any thoughts? According to my nutritionist I am on schedule and everyrhi g is good.

thnx

You are doing great and have no reason to be concerned as we are all different.

Here's some reasons:

Most are quoting loss since they started the process, not just since they had surgery. I started weight loss with presurgery diet starting at 326, surgery on 3/28 at 301 and currently at 264. So, total loss of 62 and loss since surgery of 37.

Some reasons:

Guys always lose faster than women. Not trying to be sexist, but that's what I hear at the group sessions I go to.

There there is the starting point. I think those of us that started at 326 (112 lbs higher than your starting point) will see some faster results in the beginning, but that will slow especially as we go through the occasional stall.

Exercise: I know I do better on days when I get in some good walking of more than a mile but am finding that a bit of a problem here in the heat or when it is raining like this week. I am joining a gym with an indoor track this week to at least get into an AC environment and eliminate that excuse.

Your doing great , just keep it up.

March 14th, down 39 lbs including 2 weeks pre-op. Y'all are killing me!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Apple203 said:

March 14th, down 39 lbs including 2 weeks pre-op. Y'all are killing me!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I understand. Down 36lbs incl 2 week pre OP, March 5th but as I lose I'm realizing that I don't want to lose as much as I originally thought. Building lean muscle has really shaped my body. Therefore, I only have 39 lbs more until goal.

By you losing 39lbs in 3 months you should be proud of yourself. You're doing well. Keep it up.

3/14 down 33 including pre op (as of 5/14) and pretty unhappy with my results. I am giving new meaning to being a slow loser. Going to Endo to get a full workup. So far I’m disappointed.

Lost 78 overall. Did better before the surgery apparently. Oh well.

I was sleeved on 3/20. I'm down 103. 58 pre-op and 45 pre-op.

I was sleeved 3/28 and I’m down 36lbs. First 30 went fast and now it’s going sooooo slow. The last 6 lbs have been over a course of 3 weeks ugh.

Also sleeved on 3/28 and I am experiencing the same slow going. down 25 pre-op and down 37 post-op, but the last 30 days just seem to be up and down. I thought I was past that stall but not really. We just need to keep working the plan. I switched my Breakfast to just a Protein Shake the last couple days to see if it will help shake things up.

I’m just curious. How often do you all see your nuts? I was sleeved on 3/1 and have had post op visits with the surgeon but have not sat down with a nut since my pre op visit

4 minutes ago, jewels1425 said:

I’m just curious. How often do you all see your nuts? I was sleeved on 3/1 and have had post op visits with the surgeon but have not sat down with a nut since my pre op visit

I see mine right after I see my NP at my surgeon's office. So, that was at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc...

I have no schedule with the nutritionist post-op. They let me know they have packages for that but no requirement.

I speak with my nutritionist every month but that’s only because I purchased a package that provided for that.

I was sleeved 3/12. Down a total of 62 pounds, 18 of which was pre-op.

Sleeved on 3/5. Down 51lbs (47 post-op). I am seeing my nutritionist monthly as my one touchpoint to keep me accountable on food choices. We use the time to review my food log and set goals for the coming month. It has been really helpful for me in addition to attending my surgeon's support group.