Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

2 minutes ago, M0214 said:

Yes!! Same here. I’m also in Texas and we were sleeved on the same day! Yesterday I sat here and took a small sip every minute just to get it in. It’s like all I do is drink, eat and take Vitamins. I can’t tell you how many conference calls I’ve apologized for a timer going off. Ha!

Yes! I feel the same! Glad to meet a fellow Texan! I'm in Houston. As far as the Water goes, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully will eventually be able to get more water down. :)

I can third this! Had surgery on March 7th and work a desk job from my home office, so not terribly taxing on me. I initially took 3 weeks off and ended up making it 6weeks because I was exhausted ("couldn't get off the couch all day" exhausted). The nurse kept telling me that for the anesthesia can last up to 6 weeks. Lo and behold, one day around 5.5 weeks I woke up feeling fantastic. Just rest when you can and know that it is not uncommon!

I get burst of energy and than i nap and then i am recharged again. I am only on the Multivitamin and B12 for now. I will have my 6wk follow up May 15th is that the norm[emoji848]

HW 196

SW 183

CW 157

GW 135-140

Sleeved 3/22/18

This has been the best decision I have made for myself. After years and years of dieting, exercise and watching everything that I put into my mouth, I was never able to lose weight and I was continuing to gain. My family has always struggled with their weight and I was tired of fighting and not getting any sort of win from the battle.

Any March sleevers having trouble getting enough Water? I sip all day and I just can't get enough to feel totally hydrated.
Sleeve 3/29/18

I’m totally having the same issue. I was never a beverage drinker prior to surgery and now I’m worse. Today I was so dehydrated I think I gave birth when I pooped. Took me 7 hours to finally complete the task and now I’ve been bleeding and I’m so sore. I can’t even sit. I can’t find a drink I like other than Decaf tea/decaf iced tea and I can only tolerate so much. I’ve tried diff flavors of beverages. Nothing is helping.

hi , me too...sleeved 3/27

last 2 weeks I had serious hemorrhoid problems.....but have finally returned almost normal.

are you taking benefiber at least 1-2 times a day and ducolax ? and Miralax?

the Water amount is ridiculous....I am constantly drinking but never arrive at the amount they say.

Are you all still taking Protein Drinks ??? my postop weight loss has been only about 14 lbs and I am wondering if it is because I stopped those horrible Protein drinks and or additives??/

Its Friday, so it is weekly update time for those interested in sharing. I'm down 2.2# this week and my daily weight is fluctuating all over the place! I have let wine creep back here and there, and I'm going to cut that stuff back out and see if it helps stabilize my daily weight trends. I brought back one shake a day a few days ago to up my Protein. And, I found myself without lunch one day at work and got a tuna sandwich at a nearby deli -- ate a quarter of it. This thrilled me! I know it sounds crazy, but ordering a sandwich felt so normal. And eating only a quarter of it was so easy. This new way of eating is getting more routine/natural every week!

• Week 7 --> 2.2
  • Week 6 --> 2.8
  • Week 5 --> 0.4
  • Week 4 --> 3.6
  • Week 3 --> 2.6
  • Week 2 --> 5.8
  • Week 1 --> 5.2

12 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Its Friday, so it is weekly update time for those interested in sharing. I'm down 2.2# this week and my daily weight is fluctuating all over the place! I have let wine creep back here and there, and I'm going to cut that stuff back out and see if it helps stabilize my daily weight trends. I brought back one shake a day a few days ago to up my Protein. And, I found myself without lunch one day at work and got a tuna sandwich at a nearby deli -- ate a quarter of it. This thrilled me! I know it sounds crazy, but ordering a sandwich felt so normal. And eating only a quarter of it was so easy. This new way of eating is getting more routine/natural every week!

• Week 7 --> 2.2
  • Week 6 --> 2.8
  • Week 5 --> 0.4
  • Week 4 --> 3.6
  • Week 3 --> 2.6
  • Week 2 --> 5.8
  • Week 1 --> 5.2

Yay girl!!!! Congrats!!! Love your thinking!!! So glad you're on the way back down. Pre-surg, alcohol would completely stall my losses for 4-5 days any time I drank.

Remember girls Alkie-haul is all empty calories, you're not a fish so you don't need to drink. That said, sometimes it do,taste fine🍺🍸🍷

How’s everyone doing?!
Sleeved 3/29 and down 40 lbs (pre+post op). Had a few little stalls but feeling good and buying smaller pants again and again [emoji1373]

I was sleeved March 21...in Chile south South America where I live. I am down 34 lbs...water has definitely been an issuE. i have been exercising regularly and am down 2 sizes in pants. Nutritionist is pleased.

Friday update. Sleeved Mar 28- now down 37 since surgery and 62 overall since start of process.

Down 6-8 inches in waist size and down from 3XB shirt size to XXL. Already got rid of the clothes I was wearing before surgery, the 2XB and 3X sizes that I was storing in the closet and had to buy some cheap shorts and shirts that I can wear for now. Trying to wait until at least year end before I buy much in the way of clothes. I told my wife I will actually go shopping with her for the holidays instead of buying everything online.

I was slowed by a stall of almost 3 weeks and had Constipation issues, but those finally broke about 8-9 days ago.

Miralax has become my friend after my 5 week followup with surgeon. He convinced me that Miralax was the way to go even if needed for a long term and absolutely NO supplemental or extra Fiber other than what I eat. Per his explanation, most people don't take it long enough to do any real good. He recommends at least 10 days at the recommended dosage and then 10 days taking every other day to ween off it. If necessary it can be taken long term with no ill effects. Should you go into diarrhea, don't stop but simply take every other day until it clears.

About the fiber, He explained that after the gastric sleeve the body would have major problems balancing internal Fluid levels against any extra fiber ingested causing, not helping, constipation issues.

March 5th here also:)