Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

The belly is going down and the “house” of a butt is looking more like a condo [emoji23][emoji23][emoji123]🏻

Oh snap!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

So, I had my 6 week post op appointment yesterday and my surgeon says that my weight loss is that of a 3 month patient. I wonder, how could this be? Currently at 195lbs, I'm down 30lbs from my highest weight of 225 (2/1/2018) but I've only lost 17lbs since surgery (3/5/2018). Does that sound right to anyone? I had expected to lose more but he seems to think I'm ahead of the game.

I think as long as you’re still moving down that’s a good thing. Your body may still be adjusting. One thing that really helped me is making sure I only eat when I’m hungry, and stop before I feel “full”... I just don’t feel hungry anymore. Keep up the Water !! That is 17 pounds you couldn’t loose before right?!! That’s great!! Dont get discouraged! It’s working!

27 minutes ago, NelliSleeve said:

So, I had my 6 week post op appointment yesterday and my surgeon says that my weight loss is that of a 3 month patient. I wonder, how could this be? Currently at 195lbs, I'm down 30lbs from my highest weight of 225 (2/1/2018) but I've only lost 17lbs since surgery (3/5/2018). Does that sound right to anyone? I had expected to lose more but he seems to think I'm ahead of the game.

He's probably doing what my surgeon does: calculates your excess body weight (EBW) from your highest weight (not your surgery weight) and uses this value to determine the percent lost. Then compares it with national averages of who knows what! I see you are from Maryland -- did you go to AAMC by any chance?

Everybody survive their first stall? I finally broke free from mine after 10-ish days (I can't quite figure out where to draw the lines!).

On 4/20/2018 at 10:46 AM, Apple203 said:

He's probably doing what my surgeon does: calculates your excess body weight (EBW) from your highest weight (not your surgery weight) and uses this value to determine the percent lost. Then compares it with national averages of who knows what! I see you are from Maryland -- did you go to AAMC by any chance?

I think he is doing that. No, I am not with AAMC

Small celebration for me this past weekend...It seems I have broken through my first stall and I am officially under 250lbs! It is the first time I have been under 250lbs in over 5 years. My go to work pants are dragging on the floor now because my hind end isn't quite as big anymore. Small victories but something positive as I have been really down lately. Thanks for listening.

I think there is a lot of stalls going on for March sleevers. 3/28 sleeve here and I have been mostly in a stall for about 11 days since 3/11. I lost 25lbs in the two weeks after surgery but since then I've been stalled, even gained a few lbs which I have since gotten rid of and about 1 pound more. Too early to declare victory over this stall, but I can hope.

I am thinking lack of bowel movements might have something to do with it? I seem to go only every 5-7 days. I am eating plenty of Protein, not just shakes. Are you folks finding this typical or do I need to be doing something about it?

My doc said the Calcium supplements (and other things) can be constipating but by now should be fairly regular. I’m finding since I switched to the powdered Vitamin drink mix he recommended, I’m all on track in that department. Still take the calcium chews.

But yes, also stalling quite a bit. Finally down 2.5 over the weekend. I think I need more Water.

March 26th for me. Excited and nervous here as well! Good luck[emoji256].

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! I had surgery on March 26th too. How are you doing? I am still struggling a bit on what to eat, when and getting all my Water in. I am down a total of 35 pounds since my liquid diet but only about 12 since surgery. I am feeling like I should be down more. Just curious to see where someone else is on this same journey and date. I started exercising two weeks ago and now feel even more hungry. Any advice or help would be great.

How is everybody doing? Anyone interested in a weekly weigh-in like the Feb group does?

How is everybody doing? Anyone interested in a weekly weigh-in like the Feb group does?

I would be interested in this!

HW: 296
SW: 277
CW: 251
GW: 150
Sleeved 3/12/18