Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

I read on one of the other postings that diminished taste is the result of rapid ketosis. OP said it does get better with time.😌

That’s great, keep up the excellent work. I was also sleeved on 3/27/18, lost 20 lbs post op..

That’s great, keep up the excellent work. I was also sleeved on 3/27/18, lost 20 lbs post op..

Thank you. You too keep up the good work.

I had my sleeve March 21st. Wednesday will be a month. I live in Chile and had my surgery here. I was in hospital for 2 nites. My weight at beginning of process was 98 kilos.. about 220 lbs. Day of surgery I was at 93 kgs and now I am about 83..whichbis around 180lbs. I'm super happy and trying to handle constipation...besides that I am great and very ready to move on to next stage. Move on from mush. I love reading about everyone else going through the same!!!

Hi Samuela! Great weight loss, glad everything went well. You write a lot better than I would if I tried to write in Spanish. Vaya con Dios, mi amiga! 😛

Im originally from Us. Massachusetts. Been here in Chile 25 years. That would explain my English. Hahaha. Have a good week

I had a follow up with my surgeon today. I am doing everything "correctly". Said I should be eating 600 - 800 calories, 40-60 oz Water, 40 - 60 Protein a day and I am released for full exercise! I am surely happy with the report.

He explained my current stall after surgery in this way which made some sense to me...After surgery you lose a lot of water, your body is learning to balance itself with the reduced calories and regain the water that is no longer being delivered via all the food I used to eat. Therefore, the body starts to hold on to the water and although the inches are coming off (my clothes clearly fit better), the scale likely won't show a loss as it stabilizes to the new normal. He said as long as you stay with the program I will start to lose again. I might just put my scale away for a while.

I had a follow up with my surgeon today. I am doing everything "correctly". Said I should be eating 600 - 800 calories, 40-60 oz Water, 40 - 60 Protein a day and I am released for full exercise! I am surely happy with the report.
He explained my current stall after surgery in this way which made some sense to me...After surgery you lose a lot of Water, your body is learning to balance itself with the reduced calories and regain the water that is no longer being delivered via all the food I used to eat. Therefore, the body starts to hold on to the water and although the inches are coming off (my clothes clearly fit better), the scale likely won't show a loss as it stabilizes to the new normal. He said as long as you stay with the program I will start to lose again. I might just put my scale away for a while.

Thanks for posting this! I have my follow up tomorrow

2 hours ago, dgirl1229 said:

Thanks for posting this! I have my follow up tomorrow

Thanks for posting your update, it definitely helps me out. I was wondering why the slowdown and that sounds about right. Thank you again and keep up the great work.

5 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

He explained my current stall after surgery in this way which made some sense to me...After surgery you lose a lot of Water, your body is learning to balance itself with the reduced calories and regain the water that is no longer being delivered via all the food I used to eat. Therefore, the body starts to hold on to the water and although the inches are coming off (my clothes clearly fit better), the scale likely won't show a loss as it stabilizes to the new normal. He said as long as you stay with the program I will start to lose again. I might just put my scale away for a while.

Thanks for sharing this info. I am 3 weeks out and only lost 7 pounds so far. I see my surgeon for second time 1 week from tomorrow. It is nice to know what is going on without having to wait a week.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, Greensleeve18 said:

Surgery day is 3/21.

Hey. How are you doing? I had surgery 21st too. Have follow up with nutritionist today. Been stalled for a couple days. Anxious to see what nutri says.

Edited by Samuela

I walked on the treadmill for 40 min last night up from my normal of 30 and I was able to increase the speed. It actually felt pretty good which is a win for me. I was told by doc yesterday no running yet (not that I am a runner anyway lol). I have a bad knee that I injured (torn meniscus and osteo arthritis) about 6 years ago and that flared up a bit with the walking I have been doing. I know we can't take Advil (I was taking 5 before a workout to dull the knee pain during workouts prior to surgery) and Tylenol doesn't even touch the pain.

So my question to the group is what cardio are you doing that is low impact that actually burns enough calories? I previously have done Water aerobics 2x a week and never dropped a darn pound but that was prior to my weight loss journey. Thanks in advance.