Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Hey guys, I'm a month and some change out from my surgery and I've started my selected solids diet with Protein Shakes of course. I have been noticing a pronounced dislike for the texture of food. The smell of food is amazing, but as soon as it hits my mouth, any food, it makes me so nauseous. It's almost repulsive. liquids are fine. Solids- not so much. Has anyone experienced this?

HW 303
SW 278
CW 256
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

The smell of food is amazing, but as soon as it hits my mouth, any food, it makes me so nauseous. It's almost repulsive.

I'm around the same stage you are and yeah, experiencing something similar. The first bite or two is pretty good, but then it's like my stomach and mouth team up and override my nose and I lose all interest in eating and feel something similar to nausea. It's very annoying, but I guess it also ensures I don't overeat?

My nutritionist says I may just have OD'd on certain flavors during the pureed phase. But I had some zoodles and bolognese tonight and it was pretty much the same - liked the first couple bites but then meh.

I had my sleeve March 21st. We'd was 3 weeks

The smell of food is amazing, but as soon as it hits my mouth, any food, it makes me so nauseous. It's almost repulsive.
I'm around the same stage you are and yeah, experiencing something similar. The first bite or two is pretty good, but then it's like my stomach and mouth team up and override my nose and I lose all interest in eating and feel something similar to nausea. It's very annoying, but I guess it also ensures I don't overeat?
My nutritionist says I may just have OD'd on certain flavors during the pureed phase. But I had some zoodles and bolognese tonight and it was pretty much the same - liked the first couple bites but then meh.

Yes! Exactly. A bite or two, then I'm done. Disgusted almost. What was your nutritionist suggestion?

HW 303
SW 278
CW 256
GW 150
Sleeved 3/6/18

I can't believe I FORGOT that I could switch to soft foods today! I had my normal deal and I was at an appointment and had an epiphany that I was allowed to switch today and hadn't. I am very excited and I guess this is all becoming second nature to a certain extent. Now if I could find a complex Vitamin that doesn't make me sick and break my stall I would be doing alright.

What a nice Friday. :)

12 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

I can't believe I FORGOT that I could switch to soft foods today! I had my normal deal and I was at an appointment and had an epiphany that I was allowed to switch today and hadn't. I am very excited and I guess this is all becoming second nature to a certain extent. Now if I could find a complex Vitamin that doesn't make me sick and break my stall I would be doing alright.

I can't, either! That was a wonderful day for me!! And WOW have you lost 45 lbs since surgery??

Edited by Apple203

6 hours ago, Apple203 said:

I can't, either! That was a wonderful day for me!! And WOW have you lost 45 lbs since surgery??

I wish! I have lost 45 since 11/9 (pre-op low carb diet) with 15 of that since surgery. I have been stalled for the last 2 weeks..up 2 lbs down 2 lbs. I am looking forward to breaking this stall!

19 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

HW 303
SW 270
CW 252
GW 140
Sleeved 3/16/18

Here a pound, there a pound, everywhere a pound pound! Keep watching your diet, get enough exercise and the chicken fat will keep melting until you can fly straight and true. Me I'm like the dodo, no lift power and about to become extinct.!🐾

praying that the condo soon changes into a studio apartment or even a v rented room😛

2 hours ago, SleeveinIL said:

I wish! I have lost 45 since 11/9 (pre-op low carb diet) with 15 of that since surgery. I have been stalled for the last 2 weeks..up 2 lbs down 2 lbs. I am looking forward to breaking this stall!

I feel your pain... I started the week at 198.2 and ended it at 198.0. <_< The scale giveth and it taketh away....

Edited by Apple203

Hi bariatric community this is my first post. I’ve had my sleeve done march 27 i’ve never felt so great. I’ve lost 38lbs Post op and 46lbs since my pre-op diet.