Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Sleeved on 3/28 and doing pretty well. Today is my first days on pureed diet and I had a very soft scrambled egg this morning and it was great. Based on a sleeve group attendee I tried GENEPRO Protein and it is tasteless just as he indicated. It's great to have this protein that I can mix with other stuff without adding a vanilla flavoring.

I am finding my tastes on some things have changed, The Premier Protein Water that had been my go to during liquid stage became unpalatable for me. Way to sweet and left a metallic type taste and even felt like a coating in my mouth. One day without it and thats all gone.

Also I can no longer handle the chewable Calcium tabs and Multivitamin chewable that I was planning to use. They just taste way too sweet. But I'll find others.

I was sleeved on 3/27/18 and I’m still on liquid diet until Friday 4/13/18 when I will see my surgeon and they will decide if I’m ready for next stage. I’m down 23 lbs, I’m dizzy because not getting enough to eat. So it’s been hard trying to get out there and walk around a lot.

Wow that seems like a long time to be on a liquid diet. I do hope you get cleared for the next stage. Stay positive and remember why you had the surgery. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, NelliSleeve said:

I'm doing pretty good. I'm on soft foods now. It does take effort to get my Protein and fluids but I'm getting the hang of it. I've lost about 14lbs since surgery, 27lbs total (from my highest weight which was a month pre-op) I was hoping to lose more but when I calculate it, I've lost almost 3lbs a week on average so who can complain about that... How about you?

I’m good. I have same issues with Protein and fluids. I just found a Protein Powder that actually tastes good! I get it online from Vitamin world it’s called whey protein isolate precision engineered. I get vanilla it tastes just like a milkshake and it’s not gritty and nasty. I’ve lost 31 pounds since day of surgery. I never really hit the purée stage just ate super soft things like cottage and ricotta cheese. I was just cleared for light work outs.

16 hours ago, Apple203 said:

I just treated myself to 10g of Scharfenburger Bitterweet chocolate (70%) after dinner -- 28 kcal. It was soooo satisfying!! I highly recommend a good quality, 70% chocolate as an occasional treat if you are a chocoholic like me!

Is that allowed by your doctor...I would be petrified to try something like that!

12 hours ago, marks12387 said:

I was Sleeved on 27th march

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you feeling so far?

1 hour ago, NYCNomad said:

Curious, why would you be petrified?

Because it is not on my list of pureed foods, because my anastomis is still fresh, scared of a leak, irritating to stomach ling......having had GERD before , chocolate was a food to avoid...just my opinion

1 hour ago, frust8 said:

Maybe because she's afraid she wouldn't be able to stop,eating and down the slippery slope she would slide. And it would be twice as hard to get back to where she's at now.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Not at all for that reason....at least at this point. I have no desire for sweets, or any of my old favorite foods....sleeved 3/27

5 hours ago, biakitty said:

Wow that seems like a long time to be on a liquid diet. I do hope you get cleared for the next stage. Stay positive and remember why you had the surgery.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you, definitely doing it at slow pace.

5 hours ago, Catama said:

Is that allowed by your doctor...I would be petrified to try something like that!

It was chocolate-- it just melted in my mouth :-)

How far out are you at this point? At 4 weeks, my tummy seems invincible!! NOTHING bothers me (except beans).