Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

1 hour ago, dgirl1229 said:

3/12 here....anyone else hungry??? I didn’t think I’d be hungry. I lost 20lbs since liquid pre diet but now I’ve been feeling hungry. I eat and get full but I didn’t think I’d be hungry.....

yes, I was march 27......doing pretty well on the whole....but I am surprised also to feel some hunger especially today.

probably not taking enough protein....let's see

So odd. I was sleeved March 12th and haven't really had much hunger. Only time I do is when I get busy at work and I go way longer than 4 hours without eating something, but then in satisfied by a little bit of food. I'm 20 lbs down as of last night and I am barely 3 weeks post op. I started going back to the gym this week for light cardio (elliptical, treadmill on a brisk walk with a bit of an incline) and I feel great. I've been getting 30g of my Protein a day from a shake, but then the other 30g comes from food (soft cooked chicken, shrimp, etc).

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! Congrats! I don’t know when I’ll be allowed other than purée. I drove for first time today to take my daughter to fairgrounds to show animals. 5 hrs of sitting and she’s still not done but I am. 85 degree weather and incisions hurting and I brought a Jello with me which I ate 2 oz. now I’m hungry

Wow! Congrats! I don’t know when I’ll be allowed other than purée. I drove for first time today to take my daughter to fairgrounds to show animals. 5 hrs of sitting and she’s still not done but I am. 85 degree weather and incisions hurting and I brought a Jello with me which I ate 2 oz. now I’m hungry

I'm so sorry! I had a rough recovery because I was allergic to the chlorohexidine prep they use from your chest to your pubic area before surgery. I was broken out in hives for the first two weeks. Then they found out I was allergic to the glue on my incisions, which made the irritation on them even worse. They're still not fully healed, but MUCH better.

You are encouraging us all that it will get better

It will! Just hold on. We all heal differently, all surgeons do the surgery different, some of us had more stomach removed than others, etc. Just keep on pushing through, because it is so worth it. I feel my clothes getting baggier and baggier every day!

Is that Hibiclens? If it is, you have a sister in me, because I'm allergic also. And I had better be sure the surgeon and his team know this because I would be the same as you. Found that out when I had my last knee replacement, in February 2017.[emoji10]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Ruiz_13 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having all these issues. Everyone says it's going to get better I just wish it'll happen a little faster. However I'll continue to have patience as well.

Sent from my 831C using BariatricPal mobile app

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience, I’ve had the same symptoms too, I was sleeved on 3/27/18. I guess for now patience is the best way to go for me, I know we are all different. Please continue to share your journeys. Eventually we can look back and see how much we have all progressed.

Is that Hibiclens? If it is, you have a sister in me, because I'm allergic also. And I had better be sure the surgeon and his team know this because I would be the same as you. Found that out when I had my last knee replacement, in February 2017.[emoji10]

No. I was fine with the hibiclens! I was allergic to the iodine prep they use (my surgeon told me it was specifically chlorohexidine). It's that orange stuff you wake up to being all over the area and surrounding areas of where you had surgery.

Well I'm a delicate gardenia flower[emoji254] and my petal bruise easily.[emoji259]Don't believe it, neither does anybody else. It is hard to believe when I'm built more like a Belgian Plowhorse . Ah but soon my inner palomino will emerge and plowhorse will be no more. Even an old Plowhorse mare can dream you know![emoji237]

33 minutes ago, madlily said:

No. I was fine with the hibiclens! I was allergic to the iodine prep they use (my surgeon told me it was specifically chlorohexidine). It's that orange stuff you wake up to being all over the area and surrounding areas of where you had surgery.

There's a good chance that you're also allergic to shellfish then just saying