Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Congratulations to all March sleeves from another March 22 .. the gas pain is something else but you will be fine and I have my 1 week post office visit today I am ready for the purée tired of liquids on liquids since the 8 of March

Hello, all! I’ve loved reading about everyone’s journey. I was sleeved on 3/19. I stayed in the hospital two nights. And no kidding was that 30mls/hr of Water tough at first! I’ve been getting better and feeling better everyday since, with some challenges. This past Wednesday was my worst day to date for some reason, but Thursday and today have been much better so far. I’m looking forward to being a part of the sleeved community and I’m sure I can’t be of much help to anyone yet, but I’ll be happy to try. Here’s to our healthy, new lives! Congratulations to all [emoji846]

Hello all March sleevers, glad to hear most are doing well...I had mine 3/27...all went well.

discharged 3/28 evening...drinking is ok but I can't even fathom the Protein Shakes yet.....taking a few sips of Protein Drink every once in awhile but mostly Water, Snapple, few ounces of coffee.......one of the worst problems is getting all my regular meds in.....crushing them and taking with applesauce but still so bitter!!

anyone else have a lot of meds to take? are you all drinking 2 shakes already?

Congratulations to you too.. One thing I find useful, although many of your March-ers have shared similar stories there is just enough divergence that no matter what happens in my future I can say Susie, Tammy, Rick or Eddie went through that, they made it and I can too! And I can cheer loudly as I see you pass me by completing your journeys toward thinness and health. Keep up your good work![emoji7]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

anyone else have a lot of meds to take? are you all drinking 2 shakes already?

The first week I had a really hard time taking my pills. I don’t have a lot, but it was so bitter and gross. Now I break them into tiny pieces and let them sit in apple sauce for about 15 minutes before I take them.

As for Protein Shakes, I’m just doing as much as I can and my program said that’s okay. I’m good for about 3oz/30mins at this point, so I usually have a 3oz Protein Shake for Breakfast. I might have another later in the day. Right now my program suggests 3 meals and 2 Snacks and to focus more on timing and quantity and eating the right foods, not necessarily high Protein. I cook mostly everything I eat - no canned or condensed Soups or anything. At first, I was terrified about getting enough protein in. Then my nurse told me that my blood work showed that I had enough “protein stores” to carry me for the first few weeks. I know everyone is different, but that helped me feel better and focus on the habit more than the technical bits. My nurse also told me I was an “odd exception” because my food choices have always been relatively natural and healthy, just too much and too often.

Also, Catama - you’re about ten days behind me. You’ve only just begun! I just looked at my food chart and I couldn’t do much of anything my first few days.

Boy has it been rough but it’s most certainly getting easier. I was sleeved March 26th and just started feeling better yesterday. Still feel like I’ve been kicked in the gut by a horse. My doc already has me on soft pureed foods but I’m still mostly getting liquids down. Yesterday I got 86 ozs down with 75 grams of Protein. I also had a tiny bit of pudding and a fudgesicle, both delightful. I still get a pressure sensation when I drink (as soon as it hits my gut) but it passes after a few seconds. Still getting rid of the gas too. Good luck guys, remember day by day.

Boy has it been rough but it’s most certainly getting easier. I was sleeved March 26th and just started feeling better yesterday. Still feel like I’ve been kicked in the gut by a horse. My doc already has me on soft pureed foods but I’m still mostly getting liquids down. Yesterday I got 86 ozs down with 75 grams of Protein. I also had a tiny bit of pudding and a fudgesicle, both delightful. I still get a pressure sensation when I drink (as soon as it hits my gut) but it passes after a few seconds. Still getting rid of the gas too. Good luck guys, remember day by day.

I was sleeved on 03/26 and I’m so impressed by how much Protein you are getting in! Well done! I can get a Protein Shake in over the course of 45 minutes to an hour, just under 32 oz of Water (sipping all day), and roughly 2 oz’s of nonfat yogurt.
I’m really struggling with that pressure sensation after I drink water, so I’m relieved to hear you have that too. Thanks for sharing and well done!!

HW: 420 SW:320 CW: 286 GW: 185
Sleeve: 03/26/18

Sleeved on 03/21 down 19 lbs. From the day after surgery (Thursday) until Sunday, I felt awful and couldn’t tolerate anything beyond sips of Water. Since Monday I have been feeling a bit better each day and have been trying different purées.

Right now if I have more than a spoon of food at a time, I get a little kick back from stomach telling me it’s too much. I can also feel the food travel down into my stomach, which is uncomfortable but hoping it gets better over the next few weeks.

I was sleeved on 03/26 and I’m so impressed by how much Protein you are getting in! Well done! I can get a Protein Shake in over the course of 45 minutes to an hour, just under 32 oz of Water (sipping all day), and roughly 2 oz’s of nonfat yogurt.
I’m really struggling with that pressure sensation after I drink water, so I’m relieved to hear you have that too. Thanks for sharing and well done!!

HW: 420 SW:320 CW: 286 GW: 185
Sleeve: 03/26/18

Thanks, yea the 75 grams of protein are from 2.5 premiere Protein Shakes. I drink half a shake at a time. I really don’t wanna feel more fatigued then I already do so I’m pushing to get at least 2.5 in a day. Good luck to you!!

Good job! I was sleeved on 3/27 and it is a struggle. I am already down 12 lbs. I get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat. The premier shakes are easier to get down. Today was better. I make myself stick to the diet. I am getting almost 90 grams if protein from the shakes, plus my Water and in between the broth, and Jello. Trying to stick to 6 small meals. And I'm walking until I can get back in the gym. Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good job! I was sleeved on 3/27 and it is a struggle. I am already down 12 lbs. I get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat. The premier shakes are easier to get down. Today was better. I make myself stick to the diet. I am getting almost 90 grams if Protein from the shakes, plus my Water and in between the broth, and Jello. Trying to stick to 6 small meals. And I'm walking until I can get back in the gym. Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

You’re doing great!! I’m not gonna lie I’ve been feeling hunger pains all day today!!!! Not what I was hoping for. Now the mental game kicks in. This most certainly was not the easy way out!!

are you taking omeprazole or some other anti-acid??

Taking omeprazole. I switched to it prior to the surgery knowing it was the preferred choice of my surgeon. While you can get OTC, I am lucky to find that if I get a 90 day mailed order prescription my prescription plan covers it for free as a tier 1.