Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

I am scheduled March 21st!!

We’ll have to stay in touch!! liquid diet going well. I’m used to it now. Hardest days are on the weekend when I’m home.

Good luck to u on the 21st. [emoji4]

Surgery is on Wednesday. I am so inexplicably nervous that someone is going to pull the rug out from under me and I won't get the surgery -- am I the only one??? I started this process in August, 7 months ago, and the buildup has been intense.
Also with every pound I lose pre-op, DH asks me if I'm sure I want the surgery and its driving me nuts! He means well, he really does, but he's a normal weight and he doesn't get it. Its not strictly about losing the weight, its about finding a strategy to keep it off for the rest of my life.

I feel exactly the same way. I haven’t heard anything about my pre-op tests, so I’m assuming it is all a go.

Tomorrow is all Clear Liquids and surgery Wednesday morning. It’s getting so close now. I’m not exactly scared, just anxious....about the pain and a little about how I’m changing the rest of my life forever. I think back to how I ate previously and I’ll never be able to do that again. However, that is the point of the surgery. 32 hours to go. I’ll be thinking of y’all as I go into the hospital. Thanks for being such a supportive group!

9 hours ago, Ruiz_13 said:

Surgery is tomorrow March 13th.

Good luck!!

9 hours ago, Di0705 said:

We’ll have to stay in touch!! liquid diet going well. I’m used to it now. Hardest days are on the weekend when I’m home.

Good luck to u on the 21st.

I start the liquid diet today. I only have one week. I was going to start Sunday... but hey... that was part of the weekend!! I'm hoping by the weekend I'll be used to it! Where are you having yours?

Had my surgery yesterday. I’m exhausted from getting woken up every 2 hours to walk and I am ridiculously thirsty bc I haven’t been able to drink anything yet. Other than that so far so good! Lol

Had my surgery yesterday. I’m exhausted from getting woken up every 2 hours to walk and I am ridiculously thirsty bc I haven’t been able to drink anything yet. Other than that so far so good! Lol

Hang in there, first 3 days are pretty tough im in my 8th day post surgery and i promise you it will get better just keep walking it really helps and listen to your Dr.

Sent from my RS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

Scheduled for March 28 and while I have been anticipating it, I wouldn't have said I was anxious until today. Just called my PCP to get quick appointment today because I am afraid I am coming down with a sinus infection. I am hoping not to repeat a pre-hip surgery scenario of two years ago when I had to postpone for over 2 months because I can down with a rip roaring sinus infection just before surgery. So now I am anxious.

I’m 6 days post op and on liquid diet. I’m scheduled to go to doctor today and get the push to the next stage which includes yogurt , sugar free pudding, farina. I’m not hungry but I sure miss texture lol. My doctor allows crystal light but only listed lemonade and iced tea. I wonder if I could have other flavors. It’s on my list to ask today.

Last night was first night I slept on my stomach and oh what a great night of sleep it finally was!

I am having reoccurate sinusitis myself. I am waiting on appointments in Columbus, my road to surgery has been bumpy, after thinking my surgery was a sure thing I got kicked to the curb by program #1, now I'm waiting on a call from program#2 and their staff psychologist. I have any appointment with PCP this AM to see whether he can make me better or if I need to see my ENT. It will be just ducky if I have to see,psych clogged, sneezing or nose dripping. They are not going think I'm healthy enough for anything .Do I can sure empathize with you. Keep me updated and I'll do the same for you, okay?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, PrupleSleeve said:

I start the liquid diet today. I only have one week. I was going to start Sunday... but hey... that was part of the weekend!! I'm hoping by the weekend I'll be used to it! Where are you having yours?

You got this! One week isn't bad! :) I'm having mine in New Jersey. You?

5 minutes ago, Di0705 said:

You got this! One week isn't bad! :) I'm having mine in New Jersey. You?

I am going to Mexico! Fly in to San Diego Wed. am. and have the surgery later that evening.

I'm 5 days out from surgery and feeling pretty good now, pretty much this was the progression to getting there.

Day 1: Surgery went fine, but for me I absolutely hated the 14 hours between waking up in recovery and discharge. Things were deeply uncomfortable between the surgery and not being allowed to sleep (1am, 3am, 4am, and 5am wakeups didn't help).

Day 2: I had a long car ride home if you expect this, make sure you are topped off on the Tylenol II for the ride. Pretty much needed to make sure that I was taking my pain meds every 4 hours.

Day 3: Pain was more manageable and drinking was easier (getting down the Protein Shake was tough though), cut the Tylenol II to first thing in the morning and right before bed (with some Chew-able Tylenol when needed).

Day 4: Phased out the prescription pain meds and feeling much better. Weird gut feelings (I'm assuming are gas, but I don't really have a frame of reference).

Day 5: Feeling pretty good starting to feel a little hungry.

Edited by aNYCdb