Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Sleeved yesterday. Was able to walk a few hours later. Discomfort was more than the pain. Pain felt like I did a ton of sit-ups. Finally had Water this morning and just finished my 6 oz. one oz every 30 min. Finally passed gas while having my walk. Sounded like a duckling following me that I laughed. To the recent sleevers hang in there. This is what we needed.

3 hours ago, Apple203 said:

Post surgery Constipation. Has this been a problem for you guys? At my pre-anesthesia appt, nurse suggested I start taking Senokot now, a week before surgery. I also know of one local bariatric practice that does the same thing. Anyone doing something similar?

I am worried about that, too. After my hysterectomy, I didn't go for 12 days and that was miserable and then my husband gave me extra strength ex-lax on top of an impacted bowel. A lot of cramps and no movement, I thought I was going to die from some sort of internal explosion :( If I run into any trouble I will go straight for the Milk of Magnesia.

I know they say afterward people are tired bc of the lack of calorie intake. Anyone tired during the pre-op liquid diet? I’m exhausted but I also feel like I may be getting sick. Surgery is scheduled for Monday please cross your fingers for me!

4 hours ago, Apple203 said:

Post surgery Constipation. Has this been a problem for you guys? At my pre-anesthesia appt, nurse suggested I start taking Senokot now, a week before surgery. I also know of one local bariatric practice that does the same thing. Anyone doing something similar?

Oh DEar GOD YES! YES! YES! Am I yelling? It sent me to the ER on Monday projectile vomiting cramps from Rosemary's Baby, a crap ton of dense sticky fentanyl poop from the Satan. TAke ALL. THE. THINGS now!!!!! I wish to hell I'd done a full bowel prep, instead of following my surgeon's and RD's advice of no bowel prep!!!!

On 3/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, mandiejo said:

‍♀️ 19th here too
It's coming up so quick!

Thanks everyone for the mention of a preventative laxative prior--I already have issues with that so I will definitely do a bowel prep.

My pre-op appointment is tomorrow! Wish me luck that there's no hitches in the get-along!

1 hour ago, BrandiLynn said:

I am worried about that, too. After my hysterectomy, I didn't go for 12 days and that was miserable and then my husband gave me extra strength ex-lax on top of an impacted bowel. A lot of cramps and no movement, I thought I was going to die from some sort of internal explosion :( If I run into any trouble I will go straight for the Milk of Magnesia.

OMG, I had similar experience after hysterectomy, it was so miserable!!! I went to Ducolax (sp) -- that stuff is great!

Edited by Apple203

34 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh DEar GOD YES! YES! YES! Am I yelling? It sent me to the ER on Monday projectile vomiting cramps from Rosemary's Baby, a crap ton of dense sticky fentanyl poop from the Satan. TAke ALL. THE. THINGS now!!!!! I wish to hell I'd done a full bowel prep, instead of following my surgeon's and RD's advice of no bowel prep!!!!

You poor thing! :( I had significant issues after a hysterectomy a couple of years ago, so it can't just be gunk from the stomach causing the problems -- it must be the anesthesia and pain killers. Senokot it is, then, for me...

1 hour ago, dgirl1229 said:

I know they say afterward people are tired bc of the lack of calorie intake. Anyone tired during the pre-op liquid diet? I’m exhausted but I also feel like I may be getting sick. Surgery is scheduled for Monday please cross your fingers for me!

My pe-op is averaging between 900-1200 cals/day, and I'm actually feeling a bit more energetic. Hungry, but energetic. Fingers crossed for you NOT getting sick before surgery. :) Guy next to me was dxd with strep yesterday and came in to the office. Sigh.

Edited by Apple203

Congrats! We want details!!! [emoji3]

I had mine on the 5th and I am pretty weak. Can someone remind me why I did this?

I had mine on the 5th and I am pretty weak. Can someone remind me why I did this?

I have those same thoughts. I'm.a day behind you. Got sleeved on the 6th. I'm weak, but walk the halls each day several times a day.

HW 303
SW 278 (goal)
CW 277
GW 150
Sleeve 3/6/18

Because you knew it was the right decision for you. For me, my weight is backing me into a corner, I know without surgery I'll get sicker until I die. Obesity has ruined my quality of life, I don't want to be like this anymore. I suspect,you felt many,of the same things. Sure you feel a little rotten, gain seldom comes without pain. But every day you are going to be a little stronger, a little healthier, the tenderness and pain will subside. Even if you don't dance in the sunlight you'll,move smoother and easier. And those are basic reasons for it all. Get your fluids, eat your Proteins and veggies when your diet advances, you are gonna be fine and dandy soon. You'll be telling all the new people on here, I did it and you can too. Buck up its got to get better.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine was on the 5th too and yesterday was my grim day - didn't quite have regret, but certainly did get completely fed up with the combination of gas, nausea and abdominal pain. But today I've been able to drink a lot of Protein and Water with Crystal Lite in it, as well as some fruit teas and feel almost back to normal. I was able to put in a half day of work (remotely) before tapping out and climbing back into bed for a nap.

I'm using an app called WaterMinder to track hydration and put all of my liquids into either marked mason jars or S'well bottles with specific volumes. I'm not on any pain meds other than Tylenol, I've got some pills for heartburn and anti-nausea. I'm weighing myself on a smart scale and deliberately not looking at the number, I'll just look at the pattern in a few weeks when I'm less weird about the whole thing. Right now I'm just going to focus on Vitamins, minerals, protein and fluids.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, the combination of walking and resting and just generally healing up feels like it will be accelerated. Luckily I'm not hungry or craving anything, the flavored fluids seem to be checking that box.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:39 AM, Schwarz64 said:

Very keen to see how everyone goes. My date is March 27.

Sleeved yesterday. Went great. Up today, showered and did some shopping. Take the pain meds!! I slept pretty well and walking is the best so force yourself out of bed and get moving! We got this!!