Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

I got lucky. I don’t have a “liquid diet “ until 2 days prior to surgery. For now I am to do 1 Protein Shake and 2 meals with veggies and meat only.

1 minute ago, Cjackson82 said:

I got lucky. I don’t have a “liquid diet “ until 2 days prior to surgery. For now I am to do 1 Protein Shake and 2 meals with veggies and meat only.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with a short prep period. The prep documentation the surgeon gave me had a 2 week prep, but he told me he was crossing it out for me and said to do it for 2 days. Everything after surgery is non-negotiable, though, and is in line with everyone else's 6 week migration back to food.

I'm so confused with two almost identical March boards!! Today is Day #4 pre-op for me.

Just ran out to Sams Club and scored the new PP cookies/cream and peaches/cream flavors. I'm not a member, but you can ask for a one-day pass (for free) but you have to add 10% to your charges. So, the boxes were $16.66 - $4 OFF savings + 10% (or $1.20) = $13.92/box = deal!

Tomorrow is my pre-anesthesia appointment, one last hurdle...-

Hope everyone is faring well on their pre-op diets!! :)

Who's up first?

Just got my date March 27, but I'm being told there might be a delay when they remove the lap band and there is a lot of scar tissue. I was under the impression that it was all being done on same day. Hoping an d praying they can do both at same time. Good luck to everyone and hang in there, don't lose focus of your future goals.

I’m sure this is all elsewhere but I’m in hospital post-op. My date was 28 Feb and I thought I’d share my tips.
If you can learn to make yourself burp and pass gas before your date then do. The worse pain is from the gas that’s trapped (that they used to inflate your abdominal cavity). Other things that I’m told help (but haven’t worked for me)
hot pack
lying on the pain area as long as it isn’t your wound
Being up and about walking and chair sitting instead of in bed
When you vomit you’ll likely bring up blood so don’t freak out I’m told that’s normal. You likely won’t tolerate Water orally the first couple of days (or maybe you will) but you’re on an IV so no biggie. I have to start oral fluids so my second full day after surgery. If you so try, take the tiniest sips imaginable and do it standing up.
Dont forget your breathing exercises.
And good luck!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Very kind of you to share with the rest of us so soon. Im sure how to learn how to burp but I’ve got 6 days... I’ll figure it out! Call my son! lol Thank you!

Thanks for tips, just do the best you can for now. Please keep updating when you can, it really helps those still waiting for their turn. Hope you feel better soon.

I am scheduled March 20th. start my pre op liquid diet on 3/6. my liquid diet consists of 4 1/2 to 5 Protein Drinks, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. and of course Water. should be fun. lol ICK

Edited by Saranimal83
error

I just realized this was a sleeve thread. but regardless, lol I am March 20th

I am from the Chicagoland area here and March 16th is the big day. Just started my pre-op liquid diet today. This is getting real!!!! ;)

Very keen to see how everyone goes. My date is March 27.