Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well it is a good idea, I'm sure your doctor's would prefer,you have a responsible adult with you.
What I have suggested before andI will again. Do you live near a nursing school,at all? Now I have been on both sides okay. Call up said school and ask if possibly a student nurse could be of assistance to you? Okay once upon a time I was a student nurse and I would have loved a chance at this.
Okay you're getting ready to go home. Your hospital nurse will say On,i see Miss Smith you are single and you live alone, will you have,any,help? You will say why yes I would like you to meet Melissa Maxwell, she is a student nurse and will be helping home and settled in. At this point, Melissa's little chest,will swell with pride. 1. You are introducing her as a respected professional ally, tell you a little secret, sometimes graduate and charge nurses scare sudents just as much as they do patients. Okay,Melissa accomplies you home,i f you need her to stay that's okay you work that out among yourselves. When all this is done, be sure to write a note to,the Nursing School and tell them what a help she was. Give you an example
My name is Saundra Smith, I recently had bariatric surgery on May 20th and received the assistance of one of your student nurses Melissa Maxwell. She was polite, asisted with my trip home and made sure I was relaxed and comfortable. She acted in a very professional manner ,and was very kind. If I ever,need such assistance I will certainly ask for someone else from your school, I will also tell all my friends about how great you have been to me. Yours sincerely Saundra Smith
This nice letter will go into Melissa's record also. In a few years when Melissa graduates her future employer may ask Well what experiences have you had that would make you a better than average new nurse? Melissa will have this letter to show them.
2nd point her stock with the school went up because she did this job and did it well
3rd point This school is serving that area, postive feedback about how good the school and it's students are , they like that loads.
it's a win-win situation for both of you. Just a suggestion from me.

Today is my last nutrition appointment! If I finish in time I can have my paperwork submitted today. I’m also doing my pre-op class not too long after (both are at the same hospital). So excited!

Update: didn’t get to submit today but will get my paperwork submitted tomorrow morning. Now I am currently waiting to do my pre-op class

@ALFxRNY this is so exciting for you, I hope everything smooths out, you get this paperwork filed and everthing else is just perfect so you get your date. You'll probably get done,before me, but maybe not. At any rate your surgery,will be comiing soon!.Great days ahead.😪

@ALFxRNY this is so exciting for you, I hope everything smooths out, you get this paperwork filed and everthing else is just perfect so you get your date. You'll probably get done,before me, but maybe not. At any rate your surgery,will be comiing soon!.Great days ahead.[emoji25]

We’ll both be starting our new lives before we know it! Waiting for the class to start now. Hoping everything goes smoothly as well. Will definitely keep everyone posted! [emoji16]

Update: still didn’t get to submit. The cardiologist sent my results to my surgeon but not my EKG tracing or the actual clearance. Their system was down today so now I have to wait until Monday to see if they have sent it to my surgeon’s office 🤦🏽‍♀️

@ALFxRNY , you are starting b to sense what I've felt since February 20th of this year. Bumpier than riding in a cart with square wooden wheels.😜

On 05/05/2018 at 05:13, Frustr8 said:

@ALFxRNY , you are starting b to sense what I've felt since February 20th of this year. Bumpier than riding in a cart with square wooden wheels.😜
lol, seriously frustrating (no pun intended 😂). Hopefully everything is resolved by Tuesday

On 05/07/2018 at 22:02, crystal649 said:

Just scheduled my surgery today for June 5th. I completed my 6 month supervised diet in April and have been waiting for this day since October 2017

~crystal

Congrats! I have to call my surgeon in the morning to check in and see if they got the missing info from my cardiologist and my nutritionist workup. Can’t wait to see if they’ve submitted my paperwork!

@ALFxRNY, it's Frust8, I couldn't sleep, thinking about you and your submission, please let me know what this Tuesday Today holds for you!😝 Hoping for happy for you👣stepping into the future#

On 05/08/2018 at 04:10, Frustr8 said:

@ALFxRNY, it's Frust8, I couldn't sleep, thinking about you and your submission, please let me know what this Tuesday Today holds for you!😝 Hoping for happy for you👣stepping into the future#
Thank you! Sadly it has not been submitted yet. Just got off of the phone with my surgeon’s office and the cardiologist still hasn’t sent what is needed for my submission. Everything else is there, just not the 2 things the cardiologist failed to send. My surgeon’s office is on the case though and will call me back with an update. Will definitely keep you posted! Any word on your date yet?

Update: the cardiologist finally sent the rest of my clearance and my paperwork was submitted today! The surgeon’s office said I should be hearing from them again next week about a date!!!

It's been a while since I've checked this thread. Congrats to everyone who has their date! My insurance does a predetermination of benefits that takes forever then the approval takes a day or two. My predetermination was finished 2 days ago so I'm just waiting for my surgeon's office to call and set my official date. I'm wanting to have it June 20th. Hope to have the day nailed down by Friday!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/09/2018 at 22:56, Trixie82 said:

It's been a while since I've checked this thread. Congrats to everyone who has their date! My insurance does a predetermination of benefits that takes forever then the approval takes a day or two. My predetermination was finished 2 days ago so I'm just waiting for my surgeon's office to call and set my official date. I'm wanting to have it June 20th. Hope to have the day nailed down by Friday!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats! Hope you get the date you want very soon!