Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only a month,untilI June 3018-is everybody ready? Come come out wherever you are😜🌈❤

Awaiting insurance approval. I have a tentative date of June 11,2018.

In less than 2 weeks I attend my last nutrition class and my paperwork will be submitted! Super excited! I also do my mandatory pre-op class that same day!

Hey@Trixie82 and @AlFxRnY, I had my psych appointment today, yeah the one I had been dreading, was certain things were going to go against me? They didn't, Dr Kramer was WONDERFUL, if anyone in the future wants to,go to Ohio State University hospital for their Bariatric Surgery I wholeheartedly recommend him for evaluations. I passed I passed I passed! Anyhoo I have to meet my case manager, dietician and nurse practitioner on May 24th, so that puts me into June at the soonest. I❤ my Feb-March-April -May buds but in the words of the 60s song Baby I'm Yours, and I know you'll be happy to have me.🌞and🌹ahead for us,no sorrows no pains, just smooth sailing!⛵

Hey@Trixie82 and@AlFxRnY, I had my psych appointment today, yeah the one I had been dreading, was certain things were going to go against me? They didn't, Dr Kramer was WONDERFUL, if anyone in the future wants to,go to Ohio State University hospital for their Bariatric Surgery I wholeheartedly recommend him for evaluations. I passed I passed I passed! Anyhoo I have to meet my case manager, dietician and nurse practitioner on May 24th, so that puts me into June at the soonest. I[emoji173] my Feb-March-April -May buds but in the words of the 60s song Baby I'm Yours, and I know you'll be happy to have me.[emoji274]and[emoji257]ahead for us,no sorrows no pains, just smooth sailing![emoji569]

That’s amazing! Congrats! Next week is the big submit day for me! Best wishes and hope to see you on the surgery side soon!

Oh you will, you will! Just look for a big redheaded wench, enenbodds I will either have my fist in the air or fist-bumping everyone with in reach.😝

20 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I had my psych appointment today, yeah the one I had been dreading, was certain things were going to go against me? They didn't, Dr Kramer was WONDERFUL, if anyone in the future wants to,go to Ohio State University hospital for their Bariatric Surgery I wholeheartedly recommend him for evaluations. I passed I passed I passed! Anyhoo I have to meet my case manager, dietician and nurse practitioner on May 24th, so that puts me into June at the soonest.

That's great -- congrats! Here's hoping you are spared another 6 months of nutrition classes :-)

Edited by Apple203

yeah I sure hope no more, I've met all Medicare already, Ohio Medicaid my secondary only requires 3 months, and unless the hospital requires anything else themselves I should be sliding in on a thick latter of Crisco or my,own fat melting. Like the mental image, I sure do! LOL😝

Welcome to Kangaroo-land where everyone has or will have pouches. I am the self appointed Welcome Wagon here in this corral. I am a perpetual pre-surgery hoping to change my status SOON. I started out seeking Bariatric Surgery in August 2015. My journey has had more ups,more downs, more hairpin twists and turns than a Coney Island Roller Coaster. But soon I'm going to be all better and I'll get the surgery I have threatened to do myself with a box cutter, fishing line, some hair clips and a Swingline stapler.
The lucky hospital that will be receiving my business is Ohio State University-Wexner Medical Center,in Columbus Ohio. There are 2 main bariatric surgeon's there, Dr Needleman(male) and Dr Noria(female). not sure which one will be mine. Maybe they'll have a dart game and the winner(or loser?) gets me. I suspect it will be Dr Needleman, he is the senior partner and, As a rule,does the older patients. But I am not always right and if,Dr Noria is the winner I will be happy to work with her.
I so want this long journey to be completed, but in the meantime I hang around being friends with one and all. Do you have any questions you need answered? I've had a long wait so have studied up on a lot of facets to things. Also I am old enough to,be everyone's mother, grandmother or even great grandmother so I have a bunch of life experiences to fall back on. There are people on here from 18 up to and including my age,*72*. And we all love to help each other if we can. So please hang around and get to know us all🌹😝🌹

@leea to answer your question from another post- ing @ magpie26 lives in Cabot, she is also sad she hasn't found another Vermonter, I'm sure there are more on Bariatric Pal, I just don't know about them.👍😝Good luck finding each other!

Congrats! I know this is a weight off your heart!

So whats new my June Peeps? It gets closer with every day.😝

Monday May 7th I go for pre op class. Taking it early and maybe slide into a cancellation spot. Nervous as time gets closer.
Do you have to have someone stay with you after surgery the first week or so?