Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery yesterday...harder than I thought

I wasn't expecting so much exhaustion and pain. Honestly, everything they told me about Fluid intakes have gone right out of my mind, thank goodness they gave me paperwork, but Im so fuzzy, I am scared I will mess something up. The 1st night every time I woke up I said to myself, "What did you do to yourself?" Lol! Hopefully pain is better tomorrow. I was up every 3 hours peeing or getting ice chips because the air was so dry. Miserable night...

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Up on your feet and walk, the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. You're gonna dance in the sunlight of good health my friend. Greater is He that is within each of us as believers than riches the world can accord. Be praying for you Now and in the Future.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm walking, just no dancing yet! I'm just really praying every day gets easier!! Slept on the couch last night because I'm up 3-4x a night peeing! Hope THAT goes away soon!

You will feel better each day! Keep that walking up and drinking, err sipping Water too. I can’t wait to hear of your awesome progresses. 😊

You will feel better each day! Keep that walking up and drinking, err sipping Water too. I can’t wait to hear of your awesome progresses. [emoji4]

Water and broth seems to be all I want! I just started the Protein Shakes today with high Protein milk, but they seem to cause a bit of pain/uncomfortable after drinking. No to mention I messed up pain meds and was just taking half a dose! [emoji12] Thats better now, so...still sipping all day!

1 minute ago, Acts238girl said:

Water and broth seems to be all I want! I just started the Protein Shakes today with high Protein milk, but they seem to cause a bit of pain/uncomfortable after drinking. No to mention I messed up pain meds and was just taking half a dose! Thats better now, so...still sipping all day!

I was right there like you. I just had water and mostly broth. Nothing cold was good at the time. I had to have warm broth and even room temp to warm water. I don’t think I had a Protein Drink until day 4 or 5. I went off all pain meds on day 3. But, it truly does get better each day. I hope and pray it is the same for you too. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made for myself.

First few days can be really, really tough. I had knee surgery years ago and woke up without having any sort of real pain. This, though...ugh. The first 24 hours were pretty terrible. Not the worst thing ever but definitely not in my top 10 things I want to do all over again...lol.

It does get better and it will be worth it! Congrats on getting through to the other side!

I also had my surgery yesterday. I woke up in a small amount of pain and a bit nauseous. They addressed it immediately and then moved me to my room.

It took me about three hours before I was able to get up to pee/walk around. I walked a few times yesterday and today before being released. I think a total of 6 times in the hospital.

I am now more sore than anything. I also am having gas pains since I had my surgery laparoscopically— these hurt more than the actually soreness, in my opinion.

Good luck! It can only get better from here!

I wasn't expecting so much exhaustion and pain. Honestly, everything they told me about Fluid intakes have gone right out of my mind, thank goodness they gave me paperwork, but Im so fuzzy, I am scared I will mess something up. The 1st night every time I woke up I said to myself, "What did you do to yourself?" Lol! Hopefully pain is better tomorrow. I was up every 3 hours peeing or getting ice chips because the air was so dry. Miserable night...

The first few days out are the gas pains - we were pumped full of it, and it can be painful. Start getting your Vitamins in. Do what everyone else is saying and get off your feet, even if it's just to make a lap around your place.

My most painful day came on day 9. I was worried about there being a leak or that something was wrong with the stitches inside so I went to emergency. My emerg doctor was a woman in her early thirties who just happens to be starting her own bariatric journey, so she knew EVERYTHING to look for. I ended up having. a bunch of tests taken, x-ray and ultrasound. She was convinced nothing was wrong and that the pain I was feeling is the muscles in my stomach starting to heal themselves (after all, they were drilled through for the surgery).

Do your research - get a bariatric cookbook so you can start thinking ahead about planning your meals (that will get your mind off the pain).Image1518732692.562182.jpg. And good luck!

The first few days out are the gas pains - we were pumped full of it, and it can be painful. Start getting your Vitamins in. Do what everyone else is saying and get off your feet, even if it's just to make a lap around your place.

My most painful day came on day 9. I was worried about there being a leak or that something was wrong with the stitches inside so I went to emergency. My emerg doctor was a woman in her early thirties who just happens to be starting her own bariatric journey, so she knew EVERYTHING to look for. I ended up having. a bunch of tests taken, x-ray and ultrasound. She was convinced nothing was wrong and that the pain I was feeling is the muscles in my stomach starting to heal themselves (after all, they were drilled through for the surgery).

Do your research - get a bariatric cookbook so you can start thinking ahead about planning your meals (that will get your mind off the pain).Image1518732692.562182.thumb.jpg.d97018a8c2dada88518db533423c565d.jpg. And good luck!

Thanks so much! I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I am SUPER active (7 kids) and easily walk 10K steps daily. Now, I m just trying to heal and get enough liquids so I don't get dehydrated!

I had surgery (roux on y)on Wed. Very painful, gassy and weak. Any timeline on when I will start feeling better? I don't want any food, swallowing large pills is hard. How are you all doing?

I had surgery (roux on y)on Wed. Very painful, gassy and weak. Any timeline on when I will start feeling better? I don't want any food, swallowing large pills is hard. How are you all doing?

All of my Vitamins right now are chewable, as per my NUT team. Weak, definitely, because right now I'm only taking in 600 calories per day. Getting used to it. Am about to cross over to puréed foods and am so excited - have already prepared my puréed yams, carrots, and butternut squash.

I started feeling better on Day 5 - went to my family doctor, whose office is in a small mall, and was able to walk around the upper level once (with the senior mall walkers - such a friendly group!). I felt little pain until day 9-10 when I started feeling my stomach muscles start to heal.

Am down 46 since beginning of December. Looking forward to being cleared to start exercise. You'll get there. Pay attention to your pain, though, and don't be a hero - too intense, get back to the hospital.