Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am so tired of people who ask every ten minutes why they're not losing weight

I know...I know....we've all been there. And it's important to be patient with newer folks and to be empathetic to their frustration.

I'm so wrong for this....but I just want to smack the **** out of them. Which would not be helpful.

I'm sort of re-evaluating the value of habitually reading this board.

It's all starting to loop around and around in this anxious cycle of angsty mental health issue driven repetitive slurry.

I'm starting to identify these stereotypes of posters that repeat over and over....

The Bird....I will not eat over 500 calories because calories are bad.

The Protein Addict....Must never eat carbs again or the world will explode.

The Why Me Whiner....Where's my yellow brick road, Dr. Nowzaradin?

The Documentarian.... Ate one and three quarters blueberries this morning for a total of 4.37687calories.

The Rebel without a Clue.....I ate a whole pizza yesterday just to see if I could cram one in there. I could! I want my money back!

The Pain in the Ass angsty Know It All.....who writes offensive insensitive rants like this one.

The Research Junkie.....sort of like the pain in the ass angsty know it all...but with more links.

The Fat Shamer.....let me endlessly describe how much I hated my fat, and by extension how offputting I find other fat people

The Size Queen.....Can I slip my new pants size into casual conversation?

The Oblivious Question Asker.....Um, I'm two weeks out, can I have chicken McNuggets and a large coke and fries yet?

The Lonely Soul.....Hi, We should be besties. I'm going to write 9/10 posts about how cool I think you are.

The Stuck Veteran....I lost weight ages ago and kept it off, but I still obsess about weight loss daily.

The Message Board Christian.....Lets slip Christ in there, just for the hell of it. Pray for me!

Maybe I just have a shitty attitude today. I'm bored. I'm tired of thinking about weight.

I'm glad I had surgery. A few bumps in the road, but I'm doing really well all things considered. I'm committed to following through.

But I'm so freaking tired of thinking about this.....and having it consume so much of my life.

And equally scared of not being vigilant.

Just kinda....ornery. Sorry.

Edited by Creekimp13

Wow I wonder which of those I will be? [emoji23] it's just like friends on Facebook. I have several of each of those types on my Facebook, anyway. Maybe it is time to take a break from the forum! I can recommend some good book series to you if you like to read!

Luella [emoji5]

Ha! :lol: I can check-off as identifying with several of your stereotypes. :blush: The good news is that my mal-adjusted, square peg personality isn't blown away and surprised at this. I've been trying to overcome "me" since I was a little girl.

Why not get off the boards and go do something fun in real life? :D Might give you a little lift? ((hugs))

You forgot the PCOSers, they've popped up a lot recently. At least you don't hear from ladies who've had hysterectomies complaining their scar constantly itched. Or guys with vasectomy scars b*******. Maybe I'm bored , I have a case of whyme-itis going on in my life. Life meh.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I hear you! I mean, I know my surgical team didn't mention stalls, but sheesh, people, read the boards for a while before you start posting how you've gone three days without losing weight and it's only been three weeks since your surgery! Or there's the "I've only lost 60 pounds in six months, what's wrong with me?"

Relax, people. Take a breath.

Creekimp, love the Dr Now line. I usually only read posts during my lunch hour and your post gave me a good laugh! Thanks for brightening my Monday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Let's see you forgot the:

"What type of surgery should I have?" peeps

The "How soon can I start drinking again?" booze hounds

The "I posted a question and it's been three minutes and nobody replied so I'm going to post it in 26 other sub-forums."

The "I've weighed myself 349,821 times today and gained 6 ounces!" scale addicts.

The "Halp Im not lozing wait" title with aboslutely no info about their diet in the body of the post.

:lol:

And before somebody's feels get hurt this is all in good fun. We've all made retarded posts on here so have a laugh.

Edited by orionburn

And my all time biggest gripe with forums: all the others that have no idea how a search button works, because really, no one else in the history of WLS has ever had a stall. Seriously. You're the only one ever so please post about it endlessly. Or any other question you have because there is simply no way in hell a board with 68 trillion posts could possibly have had a similar question as you.

This is an oldie but goodie:

Edited by orionburn

Duplicate glitch in the Matrix post :lol:

Edited by orionburn

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then there are the ones that can't take any sort of joke. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd just like to make sure I have a good seat for the really big shoe-wwwwwwww...

popcorneatingemoji.jpg.c7ca1110684599dd60bc7ae9beb744d0.jpg

Newbie here. Guess I'll just search/read instead of posting....