Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours ago, BrandiceLeSha said:

It's a struggle. Sometimes, I think I had more confidence being larger. Now, I don't want the attention. And it's hard to comprehend. It's like my head hasn't caught up to the weight loss. I'm down to a size 6 yet I don't feel it. And when everyone compliments me, I just want to say if you only knew... the girdle with the compression tank over it to smooth any skin that the girdle pushed out🤣... And with the skin and fat remaining, it's hard to feel slim. But some days I'll have "wow moments" where I fit clothes or do something I couldn't do before that make me emoji16.png.But I try to remember, I did this for my health and pain relief. I'm still broken in many ways🤣. But just being able to stand without hurting or being out of breath in just a few minutes is a blessing itself. And I do feel better than before and some things have improved. And I know more will continue to improve. Surgery may not be a magic fix all... And there's still struggles in different forms... But I don't regret my surgery a bit. Best choice of my life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sums up how I feel. I freaking hate the loose skin & remaining fat on my arms. I'm to the point where I want to wear long sleeve shirts all the time. My short sleeve shirts feel like the sleeves are too short so I'm always worrying about how much of my arm is showing. Last night sitting in my chair I just felt like a blob due to some bloating. It feels insane to have lost like 120lbs now and feel EXACTLY like I did when I was at my heaviest. Even though I've gone from wearing size 46 jeans to 36 there are those days where it seems as if nothing has changed. It's annoying AF :lol:

Edited by orionburn

Sums up how I feel. I freaking hate the loose skin & remaining fat on my arms. I'm to the point where I want to wear long sleeve shirts all the time. My short sleeve shirts feel like the sleeves are too short so I'm always worrying about how much of my arm is showing. Last night sitting in my chair I just felt like a blob due to some bloating. It feels insane to have lost like 120lbs now and feel EXACTLY like I did when I was at my heaviest. Even though I've gone from wearing size 46 jeans to 36 there are those days where it seems as if nothing has changed. It's annoying AF [emoji38]

Lol, the crazy thing is...I bet you longed to be a "36" when you were a "46"... So that makes it even more annoying since you assumed you'd feel the difference

4 minutes ago, BrandiceLeSha said:

Lol, the crazy thing is...I bet you longed to be a "36" when you were a "46"... So that makes it even more annoying since you assumed you'd feel the difference

Yep. Even though there's a lot less of me having the same general shape leaves me feeling like not much has changed. Still feel the same as you - absolutely no regrets in having my surgery. It's just a weird sensation to have.

Pray God my day to feel that way,comes soon. I'm still stuck in. Pre Surg-ville where the qualms and whim-whaas live. I long to be emancipated and see the Surgery Room lights shining like a beacon for me. I am currently stuck in a snafu and in a holding pattern until Tuesday when the Bariatric Gods come down with a ruling. All good thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Pray God my day to feel that way,comes soon. I'm still stuck in. Pre Surg-ville where the qualms and whim-whaas live. I long to be emancipated and see the Surgery Room lights shining like a beacon for me. I am currently stuck in a snafu and in a holding pattern until Tuesday when the Bariatric Gods come down with a ruling. All good thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Praying for you. Hopefully your day will come soon. And don't let our words discourage you. It's just honesty, and I wouldn't go back and change my surgery for anything

Thank you (sniff sniff) I just get so tired of the wait. In the old days,i "d go eat something and hope it would make me feel better, it seldom did. Now even with my piddling 30,lbs lost from my highest weight last October, it's a small start.

It's a great start. And it's great to jump start the end of emotional eating! I know that struggle well

On 2/11/2018 at 6:09 AM, Tealael said:

Anyone still struggling with body image pre or post surgery? Or did the surgery (or pre op phase ) boost your confidence exponentially?

I'm curious to hear both sides

Sent from my N817 using BariatricPal mobile app

Heck no! I wore a swim shirt to the gym the last couple weeks because of my incisions doctor said I was good to swim but they just didn’t look like something people might want to see. Yesterday I said screw it and took the shirt off they don’t like it they can look the other way. I’m four weeks out today & Although I was told not to pay attention to WeightLoss on the scale until a few months after surgery I’ve already noticed my clothers are loser and I can’t swim laps without my swim trunks falling off. So it’s time to hit the mall and get some exercise like mentioning the shopping post and get me some new swim trunks!So it’s time to hit the mall and get some exercise like mentioning the shopping post and get me some new swim trunks!

I wanted to be invisible when I was almost 300 pounds. I had surgery 6 weeks after my baby was born. I lost about 180 pounds. I felt better about myself, but still could only see the flaws. This former couch potato was running half marathons, lifting weights, and always on the go. I gave birth to my baby 10 weeks ago and I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy. I lost 15 within the first week, but I am struggling to get the other 15 off. Everyone tells me how great I look, but all I see is fat. I really am struggling. It's to the point I cry about it almost every day. I am FINALLY back in the gym 3 nights a week, running 3 to 5 days a week, and other cardio/yoga/weight workouts. I hope the rest of the weight comes off soon! I struggle with not looking the same and not fitting into all of my clothes. I've always had bad body image so that is not new. It is just different now.

I wanted to be invisible when I was almost 300 pounds. I had surgery 6 weeks after my baby was born. I lost about 180 pounds. I felt better about myself, but still could only see the flaws. This former couch potato was running half marathons, lifting weights, and always on the go. I gave birth to my baby 10 weeks ago and I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy. I lost 15 within the first week, but I am struggling to get the other 15 off. Everyone tells me how great I look, but all I see is fat. I really am struggling. It's to the point I cry about it almost every day. I am FINALLY back in the gym 3 nights a week, running 3 to 5 days a week, and other cardio/yoga/weight workouts. I hope the rest of the weight comes off soon! I struggle with not looking the same and not fitting into all of my clothes. I've always had bad body image so that is not new. It is just different now.

Awww
Hang in there !