Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any experience of vitamin patches?

I'm struggling to believe their efficacy as some of the Vitamins have very large molecular structures. As skin as inherently non-permeable, I don't see how they can enter through a patch on the skin. I may be totally wrong on this.

I'd like to hear what you guys think or have found?

26 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

I'm struggling to believe their efficacy

Ditto.

I been using the patch since before my surgery on Feb 7th and have no problem with it. Went to pre op testing and they took blood and looked like everything was good. I'll know more after I'm back on the patch after surgery. But as for now I find it working and more convenient.

I have them and used them when I couldn't handle my Vitamins. My thought process- it was better than nothing until I had a viable replacement for the giant, terrible tasting chewable vitamins I had.
My surgeon literally laughed when I mentioned them and said it was BS that you can get vitamins that way.

I have recently discovered that flinstone vitamins are acceptable by my surgeon's standards and they are SO MUCH easier to chew, swallow, and no nausea to follow. Probably not the same quality as the ones I can't stomach, but I would rather take something than nothing.

My surgeon said to avoid them. Not proven to absorb to the level we need them. I returned my unopened packs here for a refund.

I'm 3 months post op VSG. The last few weeks my Multivitamin was making me very nauseous. My surgeons office recommended the patch. I'm using the Patch MD. I just hope I'm getting enough and absorbing it. I get my blood work done in 2 months so I guess I'll find out!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just asked my surgeons PA about them last week, I told her I was skeptical of them, but all the Vitamins I have tried to date had made me nauseous. She said they have patients on them, and seem to be doing well, but Vitamin and mineral deficiencies show up long term, not short term. She said they couldn't hurt, just not sure how much they help. She told me about a prenatal Multivitamin she takes and finds easy on the stomach. I tried her recomendation and they are great, no nausea, so I didn't end up ordering the Patches.