Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months post op need help

Can anyone tell me how long my hair will fall out? I’ve been losing a lot in the last month. I’m afraid I will be bald. I’m 4 months post op.

[mention=324999]Amy1234[/mention] - you don't say what type of work you do that you can't have Water next to you during the day. Are you retail? A teacher? A nurse? Assembly? And make hard boiled eggs to carry with you to work, or those premade tuna salad things, a bag of 20 almonds, string cheese, small container of cottage cheese, or a small carton of milk. Sip a clear Protein Shake in the car, keep a cooler with you in the car for food and drinks.< br>

I’m working at a cafe n phones aren’t allowed neither is there time for water but I try to get water in. I can’t carry my food cuz I don’t have place to eat my food, I can eat a cafe but all I can eat are boiled chicken and egg. I get a 15 min break every 5 hours and I can’t gulp down food cuz it takes time for us to chew and eat right? In those 15 mins I need to punch out, wait in line pick up my food , eat and clean up n punch back in. So I basically get 5 mins to eat where in I eat like one egg or little bit of chicken. I can drink any amount of soda throughout work but obviously I don’t wanna go that path right? Maybe I should just quit damn it!!! I’m allergic to sea food .. sadly!

although your diet is fairly healthy maybe it’s the fat intake, even if it’s good fat with as little as we eat and if you aren’t exercising it’s probably storing it. My nutritionist told me to go over anything like cheese and nuts so she can see if and make sure it wouldn’t stall my weight loss! hope that maybe helps

You mean cut down fat totally dear ? Like cheese avocado nuts are what I eat usually. Yes to chocolate but once in a way!

I’m working at a cafe n phones aren’t allowed neither is there time for Water but I try to get Water in. I can’t carry my food cuz I don’t have place to eat my food, I can eat a cafe but all I can eat are boiled chicken and egg. I get a 15 min break every 5 hours and I can’t gulp down food cuz it takes time for us to chew and eat right? In those 15 mins I need to punch out, wait in line pick up my food , eat and clean up n punch back in. So I basically get 5 mins to eat where in I eat like one egg or little bit of chicken. I can drink any amount of soda throughout work but obviously I don’t wanna go that path right? Maybe I should just quit damn it!!! I’m allergic to sea food .. sadly!

Do you wear an apron with pockets similar to other restaurant workers?

If so pack ziplock bags of nuts cheese Jerky boiled eggs and Protein Bars, keep them with you at all times. If not try to get a waist pouch (usually travellers and runners wear these) and pack a few things in there especially Protein bars or Protein fruit pouches (usually for children )Its going to take some careful planning but it's worth it.

Do you wear an apron with pockets similar to other restaurant workers?
If so pack ziplock bags of nuts cheese Jerky boiled eggs and Protein Bars, keep them with you at all times. If not try to get a waist pouch (usually travellers and runners wear these) and pack a few things in there especially Protein bars. It'd going to take some careful planning but it's worth it.

I could invest in a waist pouch .. and I need to find some time to gym. It’s sleep or gym and gym loses each time.. but I feel horrible .. why go though all this to lose so less. I’m a mess mentally :-( you guys have been so nice

But I feel like I’m the only one going through this

You're no alone

The waist pouches cost about $10 and if you need sleep don't skimp on that. Try to work out at home. I bought a jump rope and I do it right in my living room.

You can do this!

First of all, your weight loss is not bad. I have lost 51 lbs total, but like 15 of that was before surgery, 7 months ago, on the starvation diet before surgery. So really my weight loss is similar to yours.

Probably you aren’t getting enough calories. Do not limit fat. Only eat healthy fats, but don’t limit them. Fat doesn’t make you fat and it is very satisfying and good for your brain, skin, etc. You can probably eat over 1000 cal a day at this point. Your exercise is better than mine. I have zero time and I try so hard to get my workouts in 3x a week. I love it. I literally can’t get me time because I care for too many other people. Sandwich generation.

if it takes you 18 months to lose the weight, so much the better. You’re probably doing very well. Not everyone can handle massive speedy weight loss. I’m glad I didn’t have that, but a nice slow decline and loss.

And I eat chocolate daily. But 85-91% dark. I trained myself to like super dark, which is no longer a sweet food at all. It is far less sweet than fruit, which I do not touch. It’s a healthy antioxidant with energy properties over 85% dark.

hang in there. You’re doing great.

You are not drinking and eating enough, your body is rebelling against weight loss. If you are allowed soda you should be allowed Water too, right? Get some syntax nectar and dump in a glass of water, or ready-made Isopure and dump in the cafe glasses. Get a physician's note that says you are deficient in nutrition or dehydrated (vitamins, Calcium, whatever) and MUST be allowed to drink YOUR concoction every 3 hours. I feel that if you can sip your clear Protein Drink you will feel better and start to lose again. Also up your Protein grams just a little - to 70-80gr. Push water or crystal light when you drive and are at home.

And go to a temp agency and get a better job.....at a hospital, school, office, etc. Good luck.

Edited by Sosewsue61

First of all, your weight loss is not bad. I have lost 51 lbs total, but like 15 of that was before surgery, 7 months ago, on the starvation diet before surgery. So really my weight loss is similar to yours.
Probably you aren’t getting enough calories. Do not limit fat. Only eat healthy fats, but don’t limit them. Fat doesn’t make you fat and it is very satisfying and good for your brain, skin, etc. You can probably eat over 1000 cal a day at this point. Your exercise is better than mine. I have zero time and I try so hard to get my workouts in 3x a week. I love it. I literally can’t get me time because I care for too many other people. Sandwich generation.
if it takes you 18 months to lose the weight, so much the better. You’re probably doing very well. Not everyone can handle massive speedy weight loss. I’m glad I didn’t have that, but a nice slow decline and loss.
And I eat chocolate daily. But 85-91% dark. I trained myself to like super dark, which is no longer a sweet food at all. It is far less sweet than fruit, which I do not touch. It’s a healthy antioxidant with energy properties over 85% dark.
hang in there. You’re doing great.

Thank you dear I feel relieved to have someone out there like me [emoji847]

You are not drinking and eating enough, your body is rebelling against weight loss. If you are allowed soda you should be allowed Water too, right? Get some syntax nectar and dump in a glass of water, or ready-made Isopure and dump in the cafe glasses. Get a physician's note that says you are deficient in nutrition or dehydrated (vitamins, Calcium, whatever) and MUST be allowed to drink YOUR concoction every 3 hours. I feel that if you can sip your clear Protein Drink you will feel better and start to lose again. Also up your Protein grams just a little - to 70-80gr. Push water or crystal light when you drive and are at home.
And go to a temp agency and get a better job.....at a hospital, school, office, etc. Good luck.

Thank you!
Yes I’ll invest in waist pouch get it under my apron & take a protein flask & if they have a problem get a note from the doctor.
So many people out there make it happen and I should too.
I’ve just been sad bout not losing and on the road to giving up! Thank you beautiful people so much, although such a long stall so early is hard to take in.. you guys have motivated me again!
I was considering 3 shakes a day again to kick start? Is that what works or increasing calories ? What has worked for any of you if you stalked? I love you guys & this means a lot ... God bless you lovely souls [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Increasing Water, increasing Protein, and calories to 1000.

I am a slower loser as well, we can cheer each other on!

Increasing Water, increasing Protein, and calories to 1000.

I am a slower loser as well, we can cheer each other on!

@Amy1234 fill your stats and profile out more, tell us more of your story.