Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 days post op- first time dining out

So tonight was my first time dining out w. My family.. we went to a local restaurant. I was excited but nervous..

I ended up ordering shrimp tacos. W. A side of steamed veggies..

I removed the taco wrap and ate the grilled shrimp and shredded cheese. There was three tacos. I ate the shrimp and cheese out of two of them and brought 1 home. Ate most of the veggies except the carrots. They were the hard whole ones so I was nervous about those.

I feel I may have a tiny bit more then 4 oz. But I really didn't have a lot today food wise so I didn't feel so bad.. I do feel a bit full and was nervous I was gonna be sick but home now and feeling ok..

I'm nervous for v.day. my husband and I want to go out to dinner and I don't know how that will go.and what about having 1 glass of wine for a special occasion???

Did you feel OK afterwards? Just curious. I was sleeved 1/24 and plan to have a glass of wine and a taco (or the inside of it) for a special occasion. It will be 5 weeks post-op, at which point my program says "healthy diet" (aka no more restrictions.)

I have to eat out alot do to my travel schedule and this may sound silly but it works for me, I have a tiny glass bowl that I would put on my food scale and add food and most on the time it was between 3-4 oz so I take the bowl with me everywhere and I just transfer the food from my plate to the bowl and I dont eat anymore than that. As far as the wine goes I say DON'T, not only can the sugar amounts be higher than what you can do but you will get drunk very fast than sober but still feel drunk. I havent had a glass yet as I am only 6 weeks out but 2 of my friends did at 3 months and said it was awful. The last thing you want to do is be sick on Valentines day.

I had to travel for work 4 weeks post-op. I stayed at an extended stay hotel so I would have a kitchen and I bought my soft foods. The company dinner was to a Mexican restaurant. I e-mailed my dietician about options. I asked about the shrimp taco. She said no shrimp until month 4. Since there wasn't anything else on the menu, which I previewed beforehand, I gracefully bowed out of dinner. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one. A few nights later some colleagues went out to eat. I went with them and at the salmon. My dietician is adamantly again alcoholic beverages in the first year because we don't have the enzymes for proper digestion of alcohol yet. It will take a while to get back to that place. So I'd say, skip the wine. Plus it's just empty calories. Happy V-Day!