Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do people treat you different now that you're skinny?

I'm definitely not skinny, but I think men do treat me differently now. More of them seem to talk to me, smile at me, etc. I also get FB friend requests from rando guys on FB when I put my picture in my profile now. It's weird.

Women who know me seem to treat me about the same, but strangers are nicer. I think that's weird, too!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

haha! (I love that kid and those movies...)

Me too! I’ve seen all of them 100 times thanks to my kids. Just between you & me I would’ve seen them all 100 times if I had no kids. 😂

I haven't noticed much difference at all, I'm not at skinny and don't ever plan to be...maybe I can give a better answer when I hit "fit". But 81lbs down...of all the people I associate with they are still just as accepting and nice to me as before. Strangers..nope, no difference. Men, I don't pay attention...I've got my husband who has all my attention. :780_sparkling_heart: (Ya'll can all just go throw up now...lol)

Edited by Newme17

19 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I haven't noticed much difference at all, I'm not at skinny and don't ever plan to be...maybe I can give a better answer when I hit "fit". But 81lbs down...of all the people I associate with they are still just as accepting and nice to me as before. Strangers..nope, no difference. Men, I don't pay attention...I've got my husband who has all my attention. :780_sparkling_heart: (Ya'll can all just go throw up now...lol)

Not to disagree (and I'm not), but you can be fit and skinny at the same time. I'm in the best health of my life and I'm skinny. My PCP and surgeon and associated staffs both back that up! :-)

EDIT: I should read closer. You go girl.

Edited by blizair09

8 minutes ago, blizair09 said:

EDIT: I should read closer. You go girl.

No worries....thanks hon!

Maybe I should have been a little more clearer too...as a fit girl, I'd essentially be "skinny, but with muscle", definitely don't want to be a skinny flabby one. Not at all attractive to me and I don't think my body can achieve that look with my build and for sure, my lifestyle. So, yeah...skinny fit...looking forward to that.

You look great btw!

Edited by Newme17

I'm too scared to ever date. I can't imagine having to eventually reveal loose skin. I'm just going to have to get comfortable with the thought of dying alone. Oh well, my dog is pretty awesome. Who needs a man?

LaLaDee you crack me up...and you remind me of myself. I’m hoping to date eventually but it will be hard to jump in the game after so long AND rejection is tough for me. I resigned to dying alone and am okay with it. I have my Boston Terriers who constantly make me laugh, move my ass, and give me tons of affection. Yeah, I’m good with my pups too. [emoji5]

People can be superficial about physical apearance. Most experices are positive after weight loss. I still get a few negative comments now that I'm fit. Negative people will always find ways to be judgemental ...lol

It's sad that I feel more valued by society just becase I'm considered a normal weight.

My inner fat girl has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to how diffrently I'm treated now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, jenn1 said:

My inner fat girl has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to how diffrently I'm treated now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

:1311_thumbsup_tone2::1311_thumbsup_tone2::1311_thumbsup_tone2:

That being said, my inner fat girl has a very bad attitude and sometimes pessimistic outlook toward people. She is in serious need of me kicking her ass. (Sometimes she shivers in fear cuz she knows her days of being large and in charge of my life are numbered...)

On 2/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, Newme17 said:

You look great btw!

@logicwand don't give up on love girl - I got remarried at 42 and nearly gave up just prior to that. We all deserve that connection, your confidence will change during this endeavor and there will be great surprises - long lost personality traits just pop out!

[mention=334768]logicwand[/mention] don't give up on love girl - I got remarried at 42 and nearly gave up just prior to that. We all deserve that connection, your confidence will change during this endeavor and there will be great surprises - long lost personality traits just pop out!

Thank you, Sue.... you’re right. I shouldn’t give up on love. Your story makes me hopeful as I’ll be 42 soon. The idea of my confidence changing is so exciting because it’s something I’ve lacked my entire life. Now I’m excited. Lol. Thank you!!!

I haven't noticed different treatment from people I know except they seem to comment more on what I am eating or not eating at social gatherings.

Honestly I feel better now at almost 50 then I did through my 40's so I don't really care about what people think anymore. I am happy and enjoying life now!!