Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I'm new! I'm Luella, from Texas. Married, one 14 year old son, obsessed with my 2 golden retrievers. I work in the dental field. I'm 33, 5'8" 271#. Heaviest I've ever been and miserable. I've got my surgeon and I did my second (of 6) visit with the dietician today. I have my psych eval scheduled next Friday. Both dietician visits and psych eval are requirements of my insurance company. I have an EGD scheduled on the 22nd so the surgeon can see if I have bile reflux (bile from my liver because my gallbladder was removed in 2004) and that will determine if I will have bypass or sleeve (I'm hoping for sleeve). Anyway, just wanted to quit being a lurker and introduce myself. My current orders from the dietician are to exercise lightly for 30 minutes 3 times a week and to eat dime sized bites of food 20-30 times with the goal of it taking 30+ minutes to eat my meal. This sounds insane to me at this point but I understand how/why it's necessary and will always be necessary so I'm going to try! Anyone with words of wisdom or questions or whatever, let me know. Hopefully my surgery will be in June-ish so I'll need a surgery buddy or 2 by then. Thanks for reading!

Luella

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello and welcome! The time will go by fast, and the dietician visits were so helpful.

Hi and welcome!! I’m on my 4th of 6 visits next week with the dietitian and my psych appt is in March. If all goes well I think my surgery should be mid to late May so not too far off from yours. My surgeon recommended the roux n Y for me because of my comorbidities (diabetes, sleep apnea, PCOS and high cholesterol).

I’ve been thinking about the eating super slowly and the dime sized bites too and it truly will take me some determination to accomplish this! I better practice too!!

Well just wanted to say hi and welcome!

Megan

Luella Jean, welcome and thrilled to me you. A few nibby questions: have you decided on a procedure? I would guess you might be from the South, double barreled names are more common there. Of course I'm in Ohio and family members still call me mine. If you are from south of the Mason-Dixon line that makes you a GRIT, girl raised. In the South, a cool thing to be. My late father called me by my intials but then some people called him by his. I was an only child, I am 5ft8in, 323 down from a high of 355, strawberry blonde hair, hazel eyes and 72 years old. That kinda makes me the grandma of Bariatric Pal. I will have a RnY early-mid March myself at Mount Carmel in Columbus. I'm in it to win it like everybody else. Ask me if you have any questions, although I'm not a veteran yet I do know quite a bit about a lot of things. And at Bariatric Pal you're among friends that will help in any way we can. So just ask okay?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! Im a newbie too

Hello Kakat! Yes I am from Texas, born and raised! Proud to be a GRIT! People call me Luella although online I do use Luella Jean a lot. I'm not sure if I'm doing sleeve or bypass yet, will depend on my EGD results on the 22nd. Yay for your weightloss already!!! Thank you for your offer; I'm sure I will have tons of questions!
And hello Lyds! Glad to meet another newbie! What's your situation if you don't mind sharing?

Luella [emoji5]

Hi Luella and Lyds. Welcome. It's nice to hear from new members and hear how their Bariatric adventures are going. (I know Bariatric does not need to be capitalized but my keyboard insists. lol) I had gastric sleeve on 12/28/17 and everything went great. I'm here if you need support. [emoji250]
@kakatlady612 is an amazing person, very caring and funny.

Hi! I am new as well. Ive seen a few names on other threads that I see here. I haven’t had my first appointment yet but oddly enough I had already had 95% of the tests and requirements done so I just had to have it all faxed over. I have to attend a seminar on Monday then I will have my first appointment. I know exactly what you are saying about not feeling comfortable in your own skin. I cannot wait for that day again! I also have PCOS and this is what my endocrinologist Recommended. Can’t wait to see your progress and everyone else’s! Prayers for everyone going through their struggles and journeys [emoji177]