Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate my doctors office

I know that is a harsh word but they are just awful. I saw the surgeon on my first visit for all of 10 min. months ago and his staff is just terrible. They constantly give me the wrong information, they dont return my phone calls, they are constantly passing the buck. Unfortunately, he is the only doctor my insurance will cover. I am trying to be patient but golly I am running low with them. Right now my insurance company has approved me and left a message with them yesterday. At 8am this morning the gal said she just got in she will call me when she checks her message. Its not after 4 and nothing. I then emailed her this afternoon with teh approval letter and approval code and still nothing. I guess I'm being impatient but this has been a long year with them. The screwed up my paperwork and i had to extend my nutrition for 3 months. Im just worried that I am putting my life in this docs hand and they dont seem very capable. I hear people love love love their docs but i dont know how to fix this

Sorry to read this. Why can't you go to another surgeon? I'm in Maryland, too, at AAMC, and I think they've been solid.

I’m wondering if you have any recourse with your insurance company and whether it would consider enabling you to go out of network given your experience with the surgeon’s office? I’m not sure how likely it is, but I would try. I can’t tell which surgeon you’re with now, but I am in Maryland with University of Maryland Medical Center, and the staff there have been very helpful and responsive. I am still pre-op so cannot yet speak to the surgery experience.

That has to be horrible for you!! I loved my doc & his immediate staff. However the people I had to see for 3 months for guided weight loss, they were absolute idiots!! If you can’t switch, my prayer for you, is that the surgeon is impeccable and you have great results.
Just be careful about going out of network. They may say it’s okay to do, but then you may end with larger bill and insurance paying less.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time I'm also in md with gbmc love love my doc and staff my doc has even done surgery on me before so I know I'm in great hands

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Call the office and ask to speak with his nurse. I bet the doctor has no idea that the front office is acting like that. Remember the physician runs the back of the office and usually doesn’t know what’s going on up front. Doctors are generally not good business people so he probably has no idea.

I have the opposite problem. I like all the staff at my surgeon's office. I don't like my surgeon at all. He made me wait an hour and a half with no apology or explanation. He was abrupt, too. If his team wasn't so good I would go elsewhere.

I agree with GettinSkinnywithit you should ask to speak with your surgeon's nurse or the clinic manager.

Good luck to you. I have had all positive experiences with the doctor, nutritionist, Dietitian, nurses and hospital during this 10 month journey and i wish you and all the same. Today we go to our 1 we post op class and go into Phase 2. Excited to learn what’s good and bad for the next part. I do know cottage cheese is on the menu and not SF Jello! I will be happy to never have Jello again ! [emoji6]

Could not agree more- I even complained to the insurance company (they then LIED to them).

They got my surgery (looking at the screen, after handing me the stack of what they did- she got it WRONG (I worry that their data integrity sucks), got my gender wrong (calling and asking for Mrs. _____? really?? (I am a single gay male over 50), then REPEATEDLY got my name wrong over and over again...

this is why I have made it my mission to please ask folks to NOT USE Dr,Michael D. Williams MD in Atlanta, Ga... A year out, ZERO follow up, I am now anorexic. I can't prove he screwed up but....bleeding ulcer, crappy service, never phone calls/emailed returned. horrible horrible man, incompetent staff.