Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgery Buddies!

My vote’s for yes! You worked hard to get that weight off, you deserve to have the scale down to reflect that! I’m trying to not even concentrate on the scale, just on feeling better about myself and getting healthier! 😁

I had surgery last night. I also had hernia removed. A lot of pain. They are giving me Tylenol in IV not Motrin which confuses me. I’m drinking so that’s good and gonna start walking now ! I will be discharged today

Hi buddies - mine was February 12th

Hey question for all of you? Do you count your weight loss from the surgery day weigh in? Or do you count your weight loss from your post-op high weight?
Example: Morning of surgery I weighed 222.4lbs. Day after surgery I weighed 228lbs. Today I'm down to 222.8lbs. By my tally I haven't lost at all in the first week and am actually still sitting on a +0.4lb gain. But the question is, does the high weight after surgery count? Cuz if I go by 228lbs to 222.4lbs, then I've lost 5.6lbs since surgery lol (but not really...)

I didn’t gain any post surgery. I was peeing everything out. However, I think you can count if from whenever. I start from surgery date because I didn’t gain any, but if I would have gained I would have gone off the weight I did gain. You are doing great. I feel like I am going slow. It’s getting to me. :)

Ok for any of you who’s surgeon used the skin glue for incisions , how long was it before it came off? Did they tell you how long it should stay?

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 169 167 per Dr. scale
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

I still have some two weeks out

Ok for any of you who’s surgeon used the skin glue for incisions , how long was it before it came off? Did they tell you how long it should stay?

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 169 167 per Dr. scale
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

I had skin glue it falls on its own. Once it gets itchy, that’s a sign of healing so don’t pick at it but about a good 3 weeks for me.

I had skin glue it falls on its own. Once it gets itchy, that’s a sign of healing so don’t pick at it but about a good 3 weeks for me.

Thanks I will just keep cutting lose parts then

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 169 167 per Dr. scale
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

On 2/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, JazmaniaRNY said:

Welcome.... how are you doing with your journey?

I’m doing great , thanks . Just stared real puréed foods after liquids for 2 weeks . Love my scrambled egg in the morning . I put a little Water in the scramble and add 1/2 slice of American cheese . Makes the egg so soft and Delicious!! Goes down so easy !

On 2/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, finding.me_rny said:

Hi!! Welcome!! My rny is tomorrow day after my bday!! :) best gift ever!!

Awesome !! Hope all is well . How are you ?

I’m doing great , thanks . Just stared real puréed foods after liquids for 2 weeks . Love my scrambled egg in the morning . I put a little Water in the scramble and add 1/2 slice of American cheese . Makes the egg so soft and Delicious!! Goes down so easy !

Great to hear....