Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgery Buddies!

Fluffy is there any way of varying the ricotta bake so,our friend might not tire of it so fast? An idea that came to me, salsa instead of spaghetti sauce and taco cheese instead of mozzarella. Would this firebird fly? You're usually more imaginitive than me, and yes i still enjoy and still trying,your recipes.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

In the past I’ve mixed ricotta with a stevia, some almond extract (you can do whatever kind of extract you want) and some cinnamon sprinkled on top. It’s a great sweet treat!

So, not that I have the answers, but this is what I was doing. Maybe it will help?
1Brekky - decaff coffee and 9-10oz Premier Protein as Creamer (23g P)
2nd Brekky - 1 egg softboiled (6g P)
MS - Egg salad (6g P)
L - Egg Salad (6g P)
AS - Yogurt/Cottage Cheese/Applesauce (15g P)
D - 1.5oz dense Protein of some kind (9g P)
BS - Yogurt/Cottage Cheese/WF Blueberry Syrup (10g P)
75g P for the day! Voila!!! It's a lot of meals, but in the beginning we're only supposed to eat 1/4c of food max. As our volume increases, meals decrease. And you're only taking in 23g of P from Protein Drinks even only 2-3 weeks out?
Hope that helps. Just word: MAKE SURE your poop chute is cleaned out from all the stuck-in crap from surgery or you will have constipation/blockages like nobody's beeswax!!!

I am only allowed 3 meals a day, but everyone does what they can. I did snack once today. My routine:

Breakfast: 4oz Decaf, 2 cups ice, 11oz caramel protein premier ( iced coffee)30g P

Lunch: Greek Yogurt (7.5g-15g P depends if I stagger it and eat it all throughout the afternoon) or Dannon Light and Fit smoothie Yogurt (9g P)

Dinner: Egg and cheese omelet style 7-8g P or Shredded chicken and cheese 15g P or more or deli meat and cheese 10g P or more

With my night meds I drink 4-8oz of Fairlife for added protein (6.5g P to 13g P)

I hope everyone else is accomplishing well. All my servings never exceed 2-3oz and if they do it is very drinkable and takes me longer than 30 mins to consume. I do drink Water throughout the day as well.

10 hours ago, JazmaniaRNY said:

I am only allowed 3 meals a day, but everyone does what they can. I did snack once today. My routine:

Breakfast: 4oz Decaf, 2 cups ice, 11oz caramel Protein premier ( iced coffee)30g P

Lunch: Greek Yogurt (7.5g-15g P depends if I stagger it and eat it all throughout the afternoon) or Dannon Light and Fit smoothie Yogurt (9g P)

Dinner: Egg and cheese omelet style 7-8g P or Shredded chicken and cheese 15g P or more or deli meat and cheese 10g P or more

With my night meds I drink 4-8oz of Fairlife for added protein (6.5g P to 13g P)

I hope everyone else is accomplishing well. All my servings never exceed 2-3oz and if they do it is very drinkable and takes me longer than 30 mins to consume. I do drink Water throughout the day as well.

Yeah, when I get to the point that I can get my protein in fully and not limited to 1/4c, I'm supposed to only have 3 meals + 1 snack. In a pinch I could have a 2nd snack, but I'm supposed to try to fill it in 3 meals + 1oz protein snack. :D

But, your menu sounds DELICIOUS!!! :D

Edited by FluffyChix

Yeah, when I get to the point that I can get my Protein in fully and not limited to 1/4c, I'm supposed to only have 3 meals + 1 snack. In a pinch I could have a 2nd snack, but I'm supposed to try to fill it in 3 meals + 1oz protein snack. [emoji3]
But, your menu sounds DELICIOUS!!! [emoji3]

Ha, I am just to afraid to start new things, but I did order some Shirataki rice and I am hoping to try my shrimp soon with it as a stir fry version! Yum :)

3 minutes ago, JazmaniaRNY said:

Ha, I am just to afraid to start new things, but I did order some Shirataki rice and I am hoping to try my shrimp soon with it as a stir fry version! Yum :)

Oh dear Lord! You're scared and are gonna try shirataki rice already? LOL. I LOVE that stuff. Makes awesome fried rice, etc, but the thing is, that it's very bouncy and rubbery. It doesn't really break down very well. LOL. So I have a nightmare scenario where it clogs my opening! But I know people here eat it post op. So I know at some point, I'm gonna swallow the sword and try it! :lol::lol: And dayum Mamacita! I want shrimp sooooo badly. I want All. The. Shrimp! Ha!!! :D

But foil fish is pretty tasty!!!! And kinda soothes the savage shrimp breast! :lol:

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, CatMama210 said:

How is everyone doing so far?

I'm almost 4 weeks out and so far so good. Still struggling to meet my Protein goals but man it was nice to finally eat some solid food after 3 weeks of liquid/puree.

I'm also almost four weeks out (Surgery 2/12). My post op diet seems more rigorous than most I've noticed here. Two weeks of liquid, three weeks of pureed, three weeks of soft and then FINALLY real food. I have to admit that it's getting me down - I know it's important, but I will have gone without anything solid for two months.

I'm struggling to get enough fluids and it seems like when I focus on that, my Protein goals suffer. I just need to find that balance. Protein Powder in my pureed foods help, but honestly I'm over that. LOL I find I'm leaning on Protein Shakes to do what I need to do.

My other challenge right now is that I feel like I'm not losing weight as fast as I thought I would. At three weeks I was down 13 lbs from my surgery weight. I've been reading a lot of people reporting that they've lost 20, 30 lbs or more in the first month. I'm following my meal plan closely, haven't "cheated" at all and I've only lost 13 lbs over three weeks. I feel like at this pace it will take forever to get to my goal weight and that has me seriously bummed.

Ok, guess I've vented enough! Sorry you asked, aren't you? LOL

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Lyds85 said:

Who wants to be surgery buddies? My surgery is Feb 20th! :)

i had mine February 22nd!!! :1298_raised_hands_tone4::D

i had mine February 22nd!!! :1298_raised_hands_tone4:

02/21st here.

I'm reading about everyone having to do a liquid diet 1-2 weeks before that's crazy idk if i would have survived lol i only had to do liquids the day b4

Oh dear Lord! You're scared and are gonna try Shirataki rice already? LOL. I LOVE that stuff. Makes awesome fried rice, etc, but the thing is, that it's very bouncy and rubbery. It doesn't really break down very well. LOL. So I have a nightmare scenario where it clogs my opening! But I know people here eat it post op. So I know at some point, I'm gonna swallow the sword and try it! :lol::lol: And dayum Mamacita! I want shrimp sooooo badly. I want All. The. Shrimp! Ha!!! [emoji3]
But foil fish is pretty tasty!!!! And kinda soothes the savage shrimp breast! :lol:

Haha I won’t be trying it just yet. I will soon but I ordered some to have for when I am ready as far as shrimp I may attack that sooner because the craving is real. I am hoping by summer I can have a little bit of crab and shrimp ceviche since it is our family summer food.

I'm also almost four weeks out (Surgery 2/12). My post op diet seems more rigorous than most I've noticed here. Two weeks of liquid, three weeks of pureed, three weeks of soft and then FINALLY real food. I have to admit that it's getting me down - I know it's important, but I will have gone without anything solid for two months.
I'm struggling to get enough fluids and it seems like when I focus on that, my Protein goals suffer. I just need to find that balance. Protein Powder in my pureed foods help, but honestly I'm over that. LOL I find I'm leaning on Protein Shakes to do what I need to do.
My other challenge right now is that I feel like I'm not losing weight as fast as I thought I would. At three weeks I was down 13 lbs from my surgery weight. I've been reading a lot of people reporting that they've lost 20, 30 lbs or more in the first month. I'm following my meal plan closely, haven't "cheated" at all and I've only lost 13 lbs over three weeks. I feel like at this pace it will take forever to get to my goal weight and that has me seriously bummed.
Ok, guess I've vented enough! Sorry you asked, aren't you? LOL

You are fine and will lose at your pace. I am a month out and only down 19lbs. Just be grateful you are losing. How much do you weigh

20 minutes ago, JazmaniaRNY said:

Haha I won’t be trying it just yet. I will soon but I ordered some to have for when I am ready as far as shrimp I may attack that sooner because the craving is real. I am hoping by summer I can have a little bit of crab and shrimp ceviche since it is our family summer food.

Lemme know results please?!!! Aren't you about 1 week ahead of me? I want so much to try shrimp tomorrow night, but my spidey senses are "pinging," saying DON'T do it!!! :(

Ceviche!!!!!!!!

Edited by FluffyChix