Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgery Buddies!

Congrats PB2, welcome to the club!

Had sleeve this morning. Not as bad pain as I expected but very sore. Walked the hall & in room. Eating ice chips every 15min. I hope I continue on this path of low pain & that I don't wake up in the am with bad pain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I got mine this past Friday (2/23) and the first day was the worst for me. Hopefully you’re going to be good! Walking helped the gas/stomach pains a lot so walk as much as you can, but listen to your body. Every day you feel better and better! Good luck!

My surgery is tomorrow!!! We should do a February sleeve Facebook

It was already set up look earlier in the thread here and on Facebook

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 169 167 per Dr. scale
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

Is it too late to join the Feb surgery club?

Had gastric sleeve 2/10, currently on a purée diet. Just returning to work and feeling great, although I am having some head hunger that can be annoying.

Best of luck to everyone this month!

Updates updates!! Hopefully everyone is well. I am post RNY 2/7/18 and have lost 14lbs since then. I feel like I am going slow, but then I look at the progress 20days out and 14lbs lost. Keeping positive, for sure mind hunger is annoying. I am afraid of trying soft foods come tomorrow. Idk why I have been doing everything the way I should be and feel like I should be losing more weight so can’t imagine putting different foods in (just being inpatient I guess). I see my doctor next week and I am hoping he will clear me for work and exercising. I don’t want to over do anything but I want to take advantage of my tool as much as I can to be as successful as I can. Anyways enough about me..... how is everyone doing?

WL STATS
5’6”
HW:298lbs
SW: 260lbs (RNY 2/7/18)
CW: 246lbs
GW: 170lbs

Hey question for all of you? Do you count your weight loss from the surgery day weigh in? Or do you count your weight loss from your post-op high weight?

Example: Morning of surgery I weighed 222.4lbs. Day after surgery I weighed 228lbs. Today I'm down to 222.8lbs. By my tally I haven't lost at all in the first week and am actually still sitting on a +0.4lb gain. But the question is, does the high weight after surgery count? Cuz if I go by 228lbs to 222.4lbs, then I've lost 5.6lbs since surgery lol (but not really...)

Hi everyone. Got my DS Monday morning. Yesterday wasn’t very good. Had nausea and vomiting and lots of pain. Today is somewhat better. Going to try to sip and walk today. Despite the pain I’m happy to be on the losers bench!

Sleeved 2/19. After several days of horrible gas pain in the shoulder area I am feeling great physically. I vacillate between hating the liquid diet and swearing I won't make it to thinking this is no big deal. Right now my biggest struggle is fatigue. I start off the day great and slowly lose steam; by 8:30 I'm ready for bed. I have not weighed, hoping to make it to the first appt next week but can't promise.

My weight has gone up and down so much that the starting weight is also my lowest, but that is the weight I'm starting with, kinda the lowest I could possibly reach without medical intervention.

Anyway, I so enjoy reading everyone's experiences, advice etc.

Hey question for all of you? Do you count your weight loss from the surgery day weigh in? Or do you count your weight loss from your post-op high weight?
Example: Morning of surgery I weighed 222.4lbs. Day after surgery I weighed 228lbs. Today I'm down to 222.8lbs. By my tally I haven't lost at all in the first week and am actually still sitting on a +0.4lb gain. But the question is, does the high weight after surgery count? Cuz if I go by 228lbs to 222.4lbs, then I've lost 5.6lbs since surgery lol (but not really...)

I would just count the highest as your highest... weight lost is weight lost! I just take the highest weight I’ve been within this whole process and count my weight loss from that number. You’re working hard to lose no matter when it the process it comes! Keep up the good work!

1 minute ago, Christina033 said:

I would just count the highest as your highest... weight lost is weight lost! I just take the highest weight I’ve been within this whole process and count my weight loss from that number. You’re working hard to lose no matter when it the process it comes! Keep up the good work!

So then as of today, I should say I'm down 5.6lbs since surgery? LOL?