Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgery Buddies!

Good luck today everyone!!! We're leaving here in about 5 minutes! Wow, so excited!!!

Yay! Keep us posted... you can do it and everyone else good luck to you all. Remember no pain no game!!! You all will do great!

Mine went pretty good thanks ive spent 2 nights in the hospital due to nausea. Im doing really well today and getting sent home later. The first day was rough but it gets better everyday and i have no regrets. ❤

Congrats...

I have a question for all the post surgery peeps. I am having issues swallowing my medications (surgery was 19 days ago) If i do manage to swallow it , it hurts really bad. This problem started yesterday- anyone experiencing similar issues?

1 minute ago, JazmaniaRNY said:

Congrats...

I have a question for all the post surgery peeps. I am having issues swallowing my medications (surgery was 19 days ago) If i do manage to swallow it , it hurts really bad. This problem started yesterday- anyone experiencing similar issues?

I have several meds to take and most of them ive been told to crush with a pill crusher. I mix those with a little warm chicken broth or a little Protein Shake and take it down like a shot. My birth control pill is so small i can swallow it. I would double check with ur dr about which ones you should be crushing. It has been rough for me sometimes i do a couple and come back to it in a few mins. But yah check in with the dr and give yourself enough time to find what works for you. Good luck ❤

I have several meds to take and most of them ive been told to crush with a pill crusher. I mix those with a little warm chicken broth or a little Protein Shake and take it down like a shot. My birth control pill is so small i can swallow it. I would double check with ur dr about which ones you should be crushing. It has been rough for me sometimes i do a couple and come back to it in a few mins. But yah check in with the dr and give yourself enough time to find what works for you. Good luck [emoji173]

Thanks... they were working fine. Just yesterday I could not swallow it. And my doctor says anything bigger than a dime size is to big to swallow so I made sure to get tiny pills. It just freaked me out because it wouldn’t go down almost like I had something blocking it and came right back up. Hurt so bad. I will try and crush it to go with my yogurt.

How are you all getting on?

I have entered the paranoid not lost enough weight yet stage, I know it is irrational and I know the theory. Can’t help feeling a tad disappointed though. MGBP was in the 7th, lost 10lbs, then gained 3.. [emoji23]

Feeling great though, no health issues at all, and for that, I am extremely grateful.

Hugs and prayers to all who've had surgery already. I pray you are feeling better each day and able to accomplish post-surg goals with ease!!

To all who are still yet to come in February! Remember the liquid diet from hell is only temporary and we can endure anything for 2 weeks! I can attest that once you're on the other side, the Liquid Protein phase is a cinch to undertake. No hunger, easy satiety with the liquids, no feeling of deprivation or food angst! It's hard to imagine such a severe about face once post-surgery but it's true!!

I'm doing great. It's now 4 days post and I'm up walking, drinking normally, yesterday got in 98oz of liquids including Proteins. This morning had thinned down yogurt for brekky and did great. Now having Protein iced tea and loving it. So all is well. Have already walked 2 times today and will do another stint here after lunch. Naps are my friend! :D Oh how I love mah naps! :D

Cheers everyone!!

I just had the sleeve on 2-22-18.
I was not prepared for the level of pain I’ve been experiencing. Anyone else struggling with the pain?

On 2/14/2018 at 3:22 AM, pb2max said:

I get sleeved on 2/26! Can't wait to get it over with

Sent from my Pixel 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m getting sleeved tomorrow too! Can’t quite believe this is really happening, started this journey almost a year ago. I’m sort of scared as to what to expect after the surgery, but not the actual surgery. I’m ready to get it over with too! Good luck to you!