Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgery Buddies!

I had my surgery yesterday (Valentines Day). I feel great!! I’m having incision site pain that got pretty bad last night for a bit but only where the stomach was pulled out. I’ve done lots of walking so I know that helps. ❤️

Best wishes to everyone! 🤗

I’m also having surgery (sleeve) on the 22nd of February. No liquid pre diet form me according to the Doctor.

Hey everyone I know everyone is about STATS post op. I had my one week status post RNY 2/7/18 appointment today. Everything seems to be healing well however I am somewhat dehydrated and low potassium. I woke up today with pain in my calves almost like cramping. I am still struggling on liquid intake let alone getting food in for my purée stage plus all the Vitamins. (FYI it is some hard ass work). Other than all of that, I am off Diabetes meds hopefully forever, and my sugar has been under 100 so that has been the biggest success of all this.

I got weighed for the first time since surgery..... drum roll.... the scale said 250...... I also had jeans on and forgot to remove my keys and phone plus I didn’t have a BM until after the appointment, so I am thinking maybe a pound or two less if not I should be under 250 by the end of this week....... so this is when I say it has been worth it :) good luck to all and if you have questions let me know.... everyone’s journey is different.....

HW 298lbs
SW 260lbs
CW 250lbs and counting. yay!!
GW 170lbs

I had RNY on 2/12/18 and came home yesterday. I did really well in the hospital with getting my liquids in but today was my first "full liquids" day and I'm struggling a bit. it's more difficult to get down the thicker liquids like Protein Shakes and cream Soup. i dont know how people manage to consume 60 grams of Protein in a day. I could just get down a little under 2oz of cream soup in a 30 min period. I'm pushing through but still in a fair amount of pain due to a small complication during my surgery where the needle broke while he was suturing me so he had to get xray to come up to find it and dig out the lost piece...that spot is very swollen and the muscles are super sore. the other incisions look great and are almost painless though. I was hoping to be off narcotics sooner but I think I may need them another day or 2. I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I waited so long for this...I know this pain is temporary and a few months down the line it will be a blip in my memories. it's worth every second for the amazing opportunity this surgery is giving me to change my life. I never had the "what did I do to myself" moment, I think because I read about so many others who did and I knew this was the only decision I could've made for myself at this point...I'd done everything else I could. I haven't weighed myself since pre op and I'm waiting for 1 week post op just to let some of the swelling and fluids dissipate, but I'm 5'4"... my HW was 315, SW was 289 after the 2 week liquid diet.
I'm looking forward to not being sore anymore and gaining some energy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had RNY on 2/12/18 and came home yesterday. I did really well in the hospital with getting my liquids in but today was my first "full liquids" day and I'm struggling a bit. it's more difficult to get down the thicker liquids like Protein Shakes and cream Soup. i dont know how people manage to consume 60 grams of Protein in a day. I could just get down a little under 2oz of cream Soup in a 30 min period. I'm pushing through but still in a fair amount of pain due to a small complication during my surgery where the needle broke while he was suturing me so he had to get xray to come up to find it and dig out the lost piece...that spot is very swollen and the muscles are super sore. the other incisions look great and are almost painless though. I was hoping to be off narcotics sooner but I think I may need them another day or 2. I'm not going to feel guilty about it. I waited so long for this...I know this pain is temporary and a few months down the line it will be a blip in my memories. it's worth every second for the amazing opportunity this surgery is giving me to change my life. I never had the "what did I do to myself" moment, I think because I read about so many others who did and I knew this was the only decision I could've made for myself at this point...I'd done everything else I could. I haven't weighed myself since pre op and I'm waiting for 1 week post op just to let some of the swelling and fluids dissipate, but I'm 5'4"... my HW was 315, SW was 289 after the 2 week liquid diet.
I'm looking forward to not being sore anymore and gaining some energy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Same boat here. Liquid intake gets easier, but yes it is a struggle. Just try your best everyday. :) congrats

On 2/14/2018 at 6:45 PM, JazmaniaRNY said:

By the way..... the clear Protein Drink Premier Protein is so delicious. I slip it half and half with a water bottle. Taste great and gets me 10 grams of Protein per bottle. If you can handle the sweetness, then don’t Water it down and drink as is for 20 grams of protein per bottle.

I do love these drinks! I chug (liquid pre-surg--know we won't be able to do that post surg) about 1/4 of it, then fill it with cold water and shake my booty (and the bottle). So dang good and filling.