Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, just looking for someone that’s going through their weight loss journey or already had it done, similar to mine. I guess a support person, only my fiancé knows I am doing this, but he doesn’t have weight issues, so I am feeling alone. I had the Sleeve 2 years ago, February 10 2016, my starting weight was 276 and about a year and a half out I was at my lowest weight, 198. I then found out I was pregnant and miscarried 2 weeks later at 8 weeks. Since then I have gained 30 pounds back, emotional eater. The sleeve didn’t resolve my type 2 diabetes and is much worse now. I met with a different surgeon last week and he thinks my best bet is to have the revision to the Loop/SADI. Has anyone done this and is happy with it or regrets it? I would love feedback, I just want to be healthy and not have to use 2 insulin’s 4 times a day. Thanks for listening. Sorry so long.

I am interested by not the RNY bypass? Deals largely with diabetes, more common opp... did he suggest why not? My understanding it is simpler, and works well!

I am interested by not the RNY bypass? Deals largely with diabetes, more common opp... did he suggest why not? My understanding it is simpler, and works well!

Hello! Thanks for responding, he recommends the SADI because he said it has greater weight loss than bypass and much better success rate in getting rid of my diabetes

I was just told I need to have a revision of my sleeve. I was sleeved 2014. The only suggestion rny I really don't want to do it but I have an inflamed lower esophagus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Aww.. what happened with your sleeve? My dr told me just some people don’t do well with the sleeve because it all depends on your metabolic makeup.

They said the acid reflux is sending the stomach acid by up to my esophagus so the muscle is weak

Ohhh no, I had my esophageal hernia fixed during surgery. I hate that acid feeling that comes up! Uggh

I had the sleeve 4 years ago but gained 40lbs back out of the 90 I lost. I just got Sadi exactly 2 weeks ago. I'm down 16lbs since surgery.

I had the sleeve 4 years ago but gained 40lbs back out of the 90 I lost. I just got Sadi exactly 2 weeks ago. I'm down 16lbs since surgery.

OMG that’s awesome!! Can u tell any difference from how the sleeve felt when u first got it done? Any advice?

The main difference is since my sleeve did not get revised, I don't have the tightness when food hits my sleeve like before. Also you heal much faster at 2.5 weeks I can eat anything I've tried so far. This week I've had chicken and even meatloaf. I still chew forever because I don't know how long it takes my small intestines to heal. I've lost 16lbs since surgery. Weight loss is slower the second time around, but I expected that.

I had sips on Jan 23 and I have loss 20lbs since surgery and seem to hit a stall. Makes me so sad

OMG that’s awesome!! You should be so happy! That’s a lot of weight to lose in less than a month. Stalls always happen, just hold on and push thru it!

On 2/8/2018 at 1:28 AM, GigiNFortWorth said:

Hello, just looking for someone that’s going through their weight loss journey or already had it done, similar to mine. I guess a support person, only my fiancé knows I am doing this, but he doesn’t have weight issues, so I am feeling alone. I had the Sleeve 2 years ago, February 10 2016, my starting weight was 276 and about a year and a half out I was at my lowest weight, 198. I then found out I was pregnant and miscarried 2 weeks later at 8 weeks. Since then I have gained 30 pounds back, emotional eater. The sleeve didn’t resolve my type 2 diabetes and is much worse now. I met with a different surgeon last week and he thinks my best bet is to have the revision to the Loop/SADI. Has anyone done this and is happy with it or regrets it? I would love feedback, I just want to be healthy and not have to use 2 insulin’s 4 times a day. Thanks for listening. Sorry so long.

Hi there -- I'm so sorry to hear about your pregnancy loss.

I'm also revising from a sleeve to Loop/SADI. I had my surgery 7.5 years ago and did really well for several years until some major losses and depression led to slow regain over time. The surgeon who did my sleeve will also be doing the DS. For me the key is trusting her. I trust her completely, so what she says is what I do! I've learned what I need to do differently this time to prevent regain.

I know that my surgeon has an excellent track record of her DS patients having their diabetes resolve. I hope yours will too!

I had sips and my diabetes was gone 5 days after surgery. I was on concentrated insulin thru a pump so I’m doing cartwheels!!!