Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

Whole herd of kangaroos--for April. Good luck to each and every one of you[emoji13] Don't get me wrong, I do love all of our sleeved brothers [emoji67]and sisters[emoji68] and there is quite a nice group of them. But you RnYers you're my true peeps, you all hang in the neighborhood I yearn to join, at the corner of Pouch and Bypass. Have a peaceful weekend and sunny [emoji93] days to all of You!![emoji173]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I had RNY April 3rd! I stayed in the hospital until yesterday, so 3 days. I had excessive scar tissue from the lap band. It was taken out 4 years ago after having it 8 years.
I had probably the worst pain of my life after RNY and it was from the drain I had and the scar tissue they said. :( I am a million times better today than I was day 3. The sensation drinking is nothing like the lap band or my normal self- it is so smooth. I’m pacing myself but I feel I drink more than the 1 oz in 15 mins that was suggested to me. I’m on full liquids and can tolerate Premier Protein well. I have 2 a Day right now and just try to get my Water in :) when I have Soup I add unflavored protein!
I’ve had some bad gas pain but ain’t nothing like that drain pain lol

April 9 surgery went well . Had a set back day two and readmited again. Day three sent home and recovering well.

Week 4

Doing good. Getting Protein, Water, Vitamins daily. It’s a beautiful day...very windy though😊

Just enjoyed 3oz. cooked shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce (prepared horseradish and Heinz low sugar ketchup). 110 calories, 22protein, 2 fat, less than 1 sugar and carbs.

Friday I can start adding more food items (including thin toast, which I am excited about😁). Still no salad, fresh veggies, nuts, rice, or Pasta till after 8 weeks.

Well did everything you thought would start on Friday get started? Do,you like the diet change? Odd how,each surgeon moves you along,the trek toward regular food? Some are faster, some are slower but everybody seems to get there eventually. Makes for interesting reading.Francess#

Going good👍🏼 I had a half a piece of rye toast with 3/4 of a hard boiled egg. Went down fine but felt very full the rest of the day. I also had a slice of cheese later that day.

Today I was at an event and enjoyed some Greek spiced chicken and hummus. It’s nice to go somewhere and eat what others are having.

9 days post op and down 9lbs! I'm currently still having some gas pain, which stinks. Can't wait for it to be over. I hate being in pain. I've been walking as much as possible, if not every hour then every 2 for at least 10-15 mins. I can't wait to be as far along as some of you are! i'm so sick of Protein Shakes and this liquid diet. I can't wait until I can have some fruit. That's probably what I crave the most right now.... some nice juicy watermelon.

Great results! It’s goid you're walking.

I'm almost 2 months and looking back it goes fast but I know at the time it’s hard. Sometimes I am actually nostalgic about the simplicity of all liquids.

Maybe you can find some sugar free watermelon flavored drink? Cause my new post bariatric brain’s first thought was, oh, you can’t have watermelon...too much sugar🙄. I still don’t really eat fruit and not many veggies. It’s all about the Protein. Premier has some fruity Protein Drinks that are sweet and may give you some satisfaction for cravings😊

Wed 5/10 will be 4wks post op, slow moving only 13lbs dwn since 4/11, 11lbs from pre-op so 24kbs in 6wks.

Getting in all my Water is a struggle, I avg 50-60oz, Protein avgs 60gr. Still cannot do soft scramble or hard boiled eggs. Beans are my fav for now still. 1/2 small baked sweet potato, no skin or chopped roasted skinless chicken works wells for me. Tried baked organic salmon & it was delish. Ricotta bake was so-so. I returned to work 8 days post op. I’m still exhausted everyday, low energy big time. Again, I’m a revision from 2011 sleeve to mgb. Any other revisions twins out there & how is your progress?

On 2/11/2018 at 1:22 AM, JessicasWLSJourney said:

April 24th (pending insurance approval) for my bypass!!! So excited!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you doing? Im april 23rd

I just slipped in as an April RYNer since mine was 30.04.18. 12 days post op. I've lost 7kg(15 lb?) since surgery and 15kg(33lb) since I did my 2 weeks of pre-op dieting. It hasn't been too bad yet. I know I'm not getting as much Protein as I should be, but it's a bit of a struggle atm. I am getting about 1.5L of Water a day so at least I'm doing something right. I miss chewing food lol. And my surgeon wants me on fluids for another 12 days. At least he's now letting me have yoghurt as well which I'm finding easier than the shakes.