Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

On 3/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, Francess said:

Mine is the 13th, but no 2 liquid just clear liquids day before. I am keeping with low sugar, low fat, high Protein diet I’ve been doing. I’ve been working on eating post surgery diet so I’m use to it. I often do 2 shakes and dinner or close to it. But I know it’s different when you have to do it.

My surgeon thinks it helps people stay on post surgery restrictions better. I think people who have not lost pre surgery weight he does put on liquids.

My surgeon said the 2 week liquid diet is for the safety of the patient to help shrink the fat around the liver which makes it safer for the patient and also to get the patients body ready for after surgery and the road ahead but i am happy to say it did help i loss 15 lbs by my surgery day I had a successful surgery with no complications I'm healing very well and rapidly my post op appt is on the 29th of march and on Tuesday the 27th would mark two weeks post op sorry for the delay in my response but if you have any questions feel free to ask

I hope when I have mine I'll do as well as many of you have done. Thank you for all the varied points of view, I'm sure I'll glean enough to make mine successful. AM I getting closer? Geeesh I sure hope so, being in a waiting pattern is not where I planned to be this spring. I'd beat my head against a cement block except for the fact I'd get a Headache and risk a concussion. And I'm already as addled a redhead as you could find[emoji31]so it wouldnt benefit me any. At my age you soak up as many benefits as possible, who knows what will happen next in Congress or my Statehouse? Tomorrow I face with wonder, I wonder what will happen next? I'm still hanging with you happy campers till my day comes and beyond.[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey everyone! I had my surgery on Monday 3/19. I woke up nauseous and in pain regretting what I had just done. Nonetheless, I couldn’t go back so I did my best to move forward.
I’m working on getting enough liquids in now, and yesterday I managed to drink 50oz! Now I need to work on the Protein Drinks. Just thinking about them makes me nauseous. Tomorrow however, I get to move on to unsweetened apple sauce, low-fat cottage cheese, plain yogurt and mashed potatoes.. hooray! Perhaps this will help me to meet my Protein requirement.
Anyways.. this is tough! I just hope that I’m tougher.

Hi everyone. I did it on 3/16. And the 5 days after it were really hard for me. Doctor put me on clear liquid diet for the first 7 days and today I started the full liquid diet. I didn't have to do any pre op diet, the only recommendation was not to do any farewell :P.. now I'm doing better, able to get my 1500 to 2000 ml per day (this was our main concern, because in the first few days I could barely reach 700ml)... I am not taking any Protein Shake and jelly doesn't come down easy, I feel very tired sometimes and if I hold gas in (because of guests visiting and all) I have much pain.. I can sleep on both sides without pain. I wish good luck and speedy recovery to everyone

Sent from my SM-G570M using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/8/2018 at 11:25 PM, Lyne13 said:

Do you know why they denied you? (If you don't mind me asking) I am in the process of trying to get a revision from band to bypass. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! Sorry..I haven’t been back on here for awhile. They said they didn’t have proof that I was compliant with my band. Once I wrote a letter explaining my 3 year struggle with the band along with documentation of visits to the surgeon’s office they finally approved it. My new surgeon told me that 3 out of 4 people aren’t successful with the band, and his office doesn’t even do them anymore. I was supposed to have the whole surgery done on March 19th...when I woke up from surgery, I found out they removed the band but couldn’t complete the bypass without approving a different procedure since the blood vessels had been tied off on one side of my stomach. So I’m going back in on April 2nd and they can still do the RNY, but on the part of the stomach they usually just staple off, they are going to remove. They had to make sure insurance was ok with the change of plan. I hope you are approved right away! Not throwing up everyday this week since it was removed has been amazing!

I have done really well. After the first 3 Days in the hospital, no pain or nausea. I am on full liquids till Wednesday (can’t wait!). I am glad that I like my Premier Protein shakes and getting 2 a day gives me 60 Protein. I have also added some protein Water on some days and the last couple days I have enjoyed a 1/2 cup of Soup. Getting at least 64oz water a day...fill up 4 , 25oz water bottles every morning and that helps me keep track. Taking my Vitamins and I have been very regular ( I was afraid of constipation...no problem !).

I have walked the dog a few times. I got out for 2 hours Saturday for Easter Egg Hunt and party with grandchildren. Today I was at church for over 2 hours.

Feeling stronger each day. Looking forward to getting back to my routine and adding food.

1 hour ago, DeanaNJ said:

April 2! Bypass! Terrified!

Follow your Dr.’s instructions and you will do great.

The first day is not fun, but goes quickly.

I feel good and getting stronger each day😊

Hey everyone! I had my surgery on Monday 3/19. I woke up nauseous and in pain regretting what I had just done. Nonetheless, I couldn’t go back so I did my best to move forward.
I’m working on getting enough liquids in now, and yesterday I managed to drink 50oz! Now I need to work on the Protein drinks. Just thinking about them makes me nauseous. Tomorrow however, I get to move on to unsweetened apple sauce, low-fat cottage cheese, plain yogurt and mashed potatoes.. hooray! Perhaps this will help me to meet my protein requirement.
Anyways.. this is tough! I just hope that I’m tougher.

I used my flavored protein drinks as Creamer for my coffee. It worked very well. I am so happy to be done with Protein Shakes.

Your plan sounds a lot like mine - Dr. Fitzer by chance? I have my first follow up appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

SW: 261
Pre-Op: 250
CW: 231
GW: 135-140 range

I used my flavored Protein drinks as creamer for my coffee. It worked very well. I am so happy to be done with Protein Shakes.

Your plan sounds a lot like mine - Dr. Fitzer by chance? I have my first follow up appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

SW: 261
Pre-Op: 250
CW: 231
GW: 135-140 range

Oh, gosh! I wish that I liked coffee, that seems like it would be a great way to get protein and fluids in. And yes, Dr. Fitzer! Good luck at your first follow up appointment [emoji4] by any chance, do you know where Soup fits in on the green sheet? Not chunky or anything just nicely purred broccoli and cheddar soup? That’s the only thing I can think about, haha!

Have you tried adding Protein Powder to food or other liquids? I would think unflavored powder would work in Apple sauce and yogurt.

Their is also Protein Water. I drink Premier Protein water, mango/orange, raspberry, and fruit punch. I also added some “unflavored” protein powder (you can still taste and smell it) to water and added some sugar free flavored water drops and it was good.

Has anyone found a truly unflavored protein powder? The stuff at the hospital was horrible! I have (GNC whey protein) is Better but still has taste. I am still on full liquids so I haven’t tried yet in anything else. I can have Soup, but it’s such a treat right now I don’t want to mess it up with the protein powder!

I jazz up my premier Protein Shakes with sugar free hazelnut and salted Carmel Syrup but my favorite is PBFit Peanut Butter powder!!

I had my Gastric Bypass March 14th Pi day how appropriate. Im so excited about my new life and am looking forward to transitioning to pureed foods on Wednesday. I never in my life have been excited about mushy food before but Im looking forward to chewing again sometime real soon. Ive started going to the gym and walking on the treadmill which was difficult at best. I just knew those people were all going to judge my over anxious self but they didn't and I actually felt better after walking on the treadmill. I had told myself that I had expected to only last 10 minutes on the treadmill but I made it almost 30 and realized that I could no longer feel my legs so for safety reasons I stopped there and went home feeling damn good about myself. Lesson learned its ok to push myself a bit I wont break in two or fall over dead. I did go out for a bike ride the other day and in all honesty it was a bit scary. I came home after dark which I didn't like and my bike seat thinks its a g-string. Ive purchased a new bike seat but I cant get the old one off so until I see my Dad later this week no outside bike riding for me. Its still a little cold here for that anyway. Im really looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing how we succeed in this new lifestyle.

Well at least you won't have to sit there dreading things or worrying the surgeon is going to,call things off. You'll March in , change into a gown, maybe tinkle, get your IV started, climb on the gurney and you,will be soon off to slumberland,when you wake up you'll be stiff, sore, feel like you've done too many situps. If it were me I'd think Freddy Kruger took a chain saw to me, but then I have a vivid imagination. Your mouth will be dry but sipping walking peeing will start up. It will be difficult to understand how you can go,so much when you feel so dry. But each walk will go smoother than the one before, and you'll start living your new life. And I'll he here a little jealous because your surgery is finished and I haven't had mine yet. But my day will come, and you'll be the seasoned veteran urging me on, you'll say Come on frust8 you can do this. And guess what, you will be right, I can like you did, right?[emoji14][emoji170][emoji14]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app