Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

Glad to read you are OK! This surgery with T1 diabetes must really be a challenge!

Thank you. :) I hate to say it but at the moment, yes, it is quite a challenge but I’m very blessed to have access to a great medical team who are helping me as much as possible and I’m thinking this is just a new path of learning and eventually it’ll become second nature.

I can’t sleep. I’m excited and nervous!!!! I have to check in tomorrow at 5:30am and the surgery is at 8:30am. Why am I thinking of hot wings right now

I can’t sleep. I’m excited and nervous!!!! I have to check in tomorrow at 5:30am and the surgery is at 8:30am. Why am I thinking of hot wings right now

That is so exciting!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery and give us an update as soon as you're well enough to!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery was March 13th. Everything went well. First day was really tough because of nausea. After one round of awful tasting narcotic I requested tylenol which they were able to do through IV. Much better. 2nd day was better but still nausea was biggest problem. They gave me an extra prescription and with the 2 nausea meds really felt better. Got in my walks and was given the option to stay another night , but happy I went home as scheduled Thursday.

It’s Friday and my first full day at home. So far so good! I’m “eating” (full Liquid Protein diet) and drinking and taking my Vitamins plus added Miralax and benifiber to Water. Crazy as it seems a highlight of my day so far was my first post surgery BM 😁...just don’t want constpation as one of my issues😝

so far on track to getting Protein and liquids. This will be my new job for the next month to make my eating /drinking/vitamin schedule my new normal👍🏼😊

Good job with the BM! :P I hope to be there today or tomorrow. I am all about the liquids, too -- it does feel like a FT job!

For those awaiting surgery, my thoughts /tips.

make an email group to update friends and family and let your spouse or friend update everyone.

don’t have visitors the first day...except main caregiver. First day was really tough, but each day is better

let others help your spouse after surgery to give them a break❤️

get off narcotics asap and just do Tylenol (I was off first day)

if nauseas, ask for more / different med.

peppermint doTerra for nausea

pains in chest, shoulders , back is from gas...walk, use breathing spirometer, I use doTerra essential oils ...pastTense , deep blue,

have your liquids ready for when you go home and a schedule

having my Water bottles ready each day helps measure my liquids.

I put all my Vitamins out and take on even half hours throughout day.

I did Fiber and merilax pre and post surgery

Feeling pretty good at 5 Days post op😊

just a little sleepy.

Getting my Protein, liquids, vitamins in👍🏼

Good luck all awaiting surgery🙏☘️

Each day gets a little easier although I haven't done a number 2 in a few days. The only reason I did a number 2 on days 3 and 4 was because of metformin and it was messy. My endocrinologist pulled me off of Metformin so now I think I might need some miralax and colace.

How does everyone's post-op swelling/water retention going? I was up 8# on day 3, 4# on day 4 (today). Sure would be nice to lose a pound or two soon. B)

3/9 one week out :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I think I'm still a little ballooned but I cannot really tell. I'll need to put on a pair of jeans. I'm not feeling really well today. Getting the occasional sweats and shakes. God I hope this isn't a staple line leak. No fever though and no pain in the stomach area.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

rest is your best friend.. and nausea pills it gets better:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I will join the losers bench 3/21!

I will join the losers bench 3/21!