Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March-April Rny-ers

Relax love, every little thing gonna be okay. You've got this, you're going be a success, you've come this far already. Crawl up in bed, lay back, smile sweetly, its your coronation, you are the Queen of Today, go peacefully to sleep and we'll see you safe and sound on the other side!
Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Aww thank you for those encouraging words just what I needed!!!

Hi Fantasstik welcome to the loser side[emoji3] how did your surgery go and how are you feeling?

Thank you! Today I’m on cloud nine. I have type 1 diabetes and after coming home from the hospital for one very uncomfortable night, I was readmitted to hospital until yesterday because I had gone into diabetic ketoacidosis. It was awful. However surgery went flawlessly and now I have knew knowledge and a better understanding about my diabetes (even though I’ve had it for 28 years 🤦‍♀️) and I’m home and doing so much better.

42 minutes ago, cutie43549 said:

I’m at the hospital now waiting nervously...thank you for checking in on me I will keep you posted on how I’m doing

Best of luck. Only good things going forward.

LakeishaNicole the above is also for you. It may be a little early for you ,personally but it is still heartfelt. Love you both, you are great girls.

Thanks. I really appreciate those words [emoji16]

59 minutes ago, Fantasstik said:

Thank you! Today I’m on cloud nine. I have type 1 diabetes and after coming home from the hospital for one very uncomfortable night, I was readmitted to hospital until yesterday because I had gone into diabetic ketoacidosis. It was awful. However surgery went flawlessly and now I have knew knowledge and a better understanding about my diabetes (even though I’ve had it for 28 years 🤦‍♀️) and I’m home and doing so much better.

God is good I'm glad you made it out of surgery safe & now have the knowledge you need to treat your diabetes. I pray you continue to heal with know issues. Happy healing

I just had revision bypass surgery on March 9th in Tijuana MX and the surgery was flawless as well. Only discomfort I'm experiencing is a swollen stomach that makes me look like I'm 8 mths pregnant. I know it's due to the surgery but I can't wait until this pass.

Glad you made it out of surgery......I have started the pre op diet. Revision surgery Mar 26. Actually I am in a good state of mind. God ....is...good. Will mention you in my prayers.

God is good I'm glad you made it out of surgery safe & now have the knowledge you need to treat your diabetes. I pray you continue to heal with know issues. Happy healing

I just had revision bypass surgery on March 9th in Tijuana MX and the surgery was flawless as well. Only discomfort I'm experiencing is a swollen stomach that makes me look like I'm 8 mths pregnant. I know it's due to the surgery but I can't wait until this pass.

That’s wonderful! Of course that must be so uncomfortable. I had some similar stuff I think it passed after about 3-4 days. Just do you best to let the gas pass!! Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery! Thank you for your kind words!

Hi y'all! Just wondering, I have some fears/nervousness about my upcoming procedure.

My first fear is that I wasn't truly approved and someone at my surgeon's office made a mistake. The only reason I feel this way is because on my silly insurance website, my procedure is still not listed under authorizations. However when the office manager for my surgeon called last Thursday she said she heard back from them and I was approved.

The other fear I am dealing with is my surgeon going in to to the procedure and for some reason will have to close me up without completing surgery and tell me there's no way I can have bariatric surgery. (I have had 3 C-sections, a hysterectomy, and my gallbladder removed so I guess my fear stems from maybe having too much scar tissue from those procedures?)

I do suffer from general anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. I guess I just wanted and needed to get all of this off of my chest and maybe ask if any of you have any suggestions to calm my irrational fears and nervousness?

Thanks so much for listening if you made it this far. [emoji8]

Don't tie yourself up in nots, the doctor can not...I cannot....the office didn't..... I won't. You can, you will and you'll be just fine and dandy. You will,find out that there are good times ahead.

5 hours ago, JessicasWLSJourney said:

Hi y'all! Just wondering, I have some fears/nervousness about my upcoming procedure.

My first fear is that I wasn't truly approved and someone at my surgeon's office made a mistake. The only reason I feel this way is because on my silly insurance website, my procedure is still not listed under authorizations. However when the office manager for my surgeon called last Thursday she said she heard back from them and I was approved.

The other fear I am dealing with is my surgeon going in to to the procedure and for some reason will have to close me up without completing surgery and tell me there's no way I can have bariatric surgery. (I have had 3 C-sections, a hysterectomy, and my gallbladder removed so I guess my fear stems from maybe having too much scar tissue from those procedures?)

I do suffer from general anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. I guess I just wanted and needed to get all of this off of my chest and maybe ask if any of you have any suggestions to calm my irrational fears and nervousness?

Thanks so much for listening if you made it this far.

If you listed all those previous surgeries then the scar tissue issue shouldn't be an issue. As far as the insurance thing, don't worry about stuff you can't change. If you are truly concerned then give them a call for yourself.

5 hours ago, JessicasWLSJourney said:

Thanks so much for listening if you made it this far.

Yep, me too -- same worries! I guess we just to have a little faith that things will work out for us. :-)

20 hours ago, Fantasstik said:

Glad to read you are OK! This surgery with T1 diabetes must really be a challenge!

Surgery day!

On my way to hospital.

Check in 8am, surgery 10am...all prayers appreciated!

Best wishes for all pre and post surgery pals❤️🙏

Will check back post surgery😊

Just now, Francess said:

Surgery day!

On my way to hospital.

Best wishes. I'm 8 days behind you. Prayers going up for great success and fast healing.

2 minutes ago, Francess said:

Surgery day!

On my way to hospital.

Best wishes for a safe surgery!