Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubby has had a change of heart

I'm glad to report that my husband has had a change of heart and I am back on the road to surgery! We discussed at length our finances and why I need to do this. I explained that I'm not doing this to look better (although it's a huge plus) but to be healthier and be out of daily pain and say goodbye to my CPAP. His reply when I said that: "then let's do this."

D.R. Potential Sleever

Congrats! My wife just had the same conclusion, and I am excited to go on that road as well. Best of luck to you!

That's great - it really helps to have both in a relationship on board. As an added bonus for both, things fit better in the bedroom - an added incentive for the spousal support unit.

Hallelujah this is an answer to,prayer. Now little one where will you be going? Are you going to try for those Michigan doctors you mentioned before? If I had a tail I would be wagging it. I am so excited for you and your future,thinner better health. Keep me posted please?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hallelujah this is an answer to,prayer. Now little one where will you be going? Are you going to try for those Michigan doctors you mentioned before? If I had a tail I would be wagging it. I am so excited for you and your future,thinner better health. Keep me posted please?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes friend I have chosen Dr. Pleatman in Michigan. Thanks for your prayers.

DR Potential Sleever

Congrats! My wife just had the same conclusion, and I am excited to go on that road as well. Best of luck to you!

Congrats Salazar! Here's to a healthy thinner us!

DR Potential Sleever

That's great - it really helps to have both in a relationship on board. As an added bonus for both, things fit better in the bedroom - an added incentive for the spousal support unit.

You got that right! [emoji6]

DR Potential Sleever

Im so happy for you! wishes for a wonderful, healthy future!

23 hours ago, DRoseman said:

I'm glad to report that my husband has had a change of heart and I am back on the road to surgery! We discussed at length our finances and why I need to do this. I explained that I'm not doing this to look better (although it's a huge plus) but to be healthier and be out of daily pain and say goodbye to my CPAP. His reply when I said that: "then let's do this."

D.R. Potential Sleever

Congrats!! So happy to hear your husband had a change of heart! I totally related to your previous posts and stress. My husband was also a nay-sayer and had several hurtful comments to express his skepticism and disapproval of my decision. Since then, we've talked more and I've shared with him some informative articles which (with some prodding) he finally read... and, he is more open to the idea now. Though he may not understand the weight loss struggle, I think he accepts my decision now. He even went so far as to say he will support me the best he can. I'm happy you will get to proceed with your WLS. All the best!

I used to wear a cpap. I had to get retested for it and came in at 4.9. 5 or above is sleep apnea. Because I lost 90lbs before surgery. I was still diabetic before surgery, no longer have to take meds!(took 2 different meds) my a1c was 4.5, the best it has ever been! and I am being weaned off 1 of my high blood pressure meds! It is worth it! And the cpap is ohhh soooo srxy., NOT!

SW 350 (11/15)
BSW 260 (10/17/17)
CW 216.1 (2/4/18)
RGW 199
GW 175