Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we talk about boobs and bras?

On 2/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, LoBMI VSGguy46 said:

no more man-boobs. Never wore a bra before. Oh... is this for girls only?

@LoBMI VSGguy46

hey dude - i already noted above is too funny.

Unfortunately, my DH has no plans of losing

weight. he could/should be in this

discussion cuz of his "man boobs":angry:

"Luckily" i had a double mastectomy 18 years

ago - no sagging boobs here,

oh well

Kathy

I have such a hard time figuring out what size I am now, I think I am between a C and a B cup. None of them seem to give me a comfortable fit.

I decided to order two sports bras from Under Armor so I could have some decent supportive bras to work out in, and I am so disappointed in how they fit and the lack of support. I could have spent a lot less money to have an odd fitting bra that gives me side boob spillage and another that is baggy at the top of the cup.

@ChaosUnlimited Yeah, I can identify with you as far as not really knowing what size cup to go with. I used to be a little too big for a DD, but now I am wearing a C. The thing is, as I mentioned in a former post on this thread, I am very saggy....loose skin, not firm. I have to pick up "all of the boob", loose skin and all and stuff it into the cup. I am getting a little poof at the top of the cup, it's not like my boobs are too big and being sqeezed into a C cup. Don't think a B would be big enough.

Any thoughts, anyone? Should I try something with a little padding or lift in the bottom of the cup? They make something like that, right? Victoria's Secret? No? Other brands? I am currently wearing underwire Playtex, which WAS the most comfortable bra and very supportive, but my boob shape has really changed in the last few months---no more perkiness, just sag :(

Edited by mylighthouse

Here’s the thing, most women wear the wrong size bra. Get fitted and not at VS they don’t know what they are doing and will try to force you into a size they carry and they have a very limited range.

Or go here—

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide

And figure it out yourself.

Remember cup size is relative to band size. All an A cup is is 1” bigger than band size. A B is 2” and so on. So a 32D is only a 36” bust. But so is a 34B. My 32DDD’s aren’t that big at all! You would never look at me and think I have DDD’s.

My guess is you are probably wearing too big a band size. Does the band ride up in back or stay down around your mid back? If it rides up it’s probably too big a band. Does the “stay” (part between your boobs) hug up against your body? If it doesn’t the cup size is probably too small.

@jess9395Thank you, I went to the link and will need to take the time to do measurements, etc. I appreciate the good info.

My band doesn't ride up and the middle part in front does stay nicely. My trouble is the sag of the boobs....I am an older lady, weight loss at 145+lbs now. Thought maybe lift of some kind might be helpful, or a brand that lifts well.

I don't go to Victoria's Secret or other shops for that matter, limited to home stay right now due to health issues, so I am still ordering my clothes, browsing for a good bra. Just need something that feels comfortable and looks good under clothing when I go out to appointments.

[mention=194772]jess9395[/mention]Thank you, I went to the link and will need to take the time to do measurements, etc. I appreciate the good info.
My band doesn't ride up and the middle part in front does stay nicely. My trouble is the sag of the boobs....I am an older lady, weight loss at 145+lbs now. Thought maybe lift of some kind might be helpful, or a brand that lifts well.
I don't go to Victoria's Secret or other shops for that matter, limited to home stay right now due to health issues, so I am still ordering my clothes, browsing for a good bra. Just need something that feels comfortable and looks good under clothing when I go out to appointments.

I hear ya! I said mine were a 32L (as in Long) before my lift! I had to roll up the tube socks and tuck them into my bra.

The problem with the VS padded or push up ones is they are what they call a “demi” cup and that means “half” so you will push them up and they will tumble right out of the top of the cups because those bras are designed to enhance CLEAVAGE so they leave the top half of the boobs uncovered. You don’t want that!!!! Believe me I’ve tried!

Look for bras that say “full coverage.” I had the most success with Wacoal and Natori myself. They are pricey but worth it!

On 2/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, jess9395 said:

I hear ya! I said mine were a 32L (as in Long) before my lift! I had to roll up the tube socks and tuck them into my bra.

The problem with the VS padded or push up ones is they are what they call a “demi” cup and that means “half” so you will push them up and they will tumble right out of the top of the cups because those bras are designed to enhance CLEAVAGE so they leave the top half of the boobs uncovered. You don’t want that!!!! Believe me I’ve tried!

Look for bras that say “full coverage.” I had the most success with Wacoal and Natori myself. They are pricey but worth it!

Thank you! I am glad that I didn't waste my money on a demi bra.

Why can't I lose weight there! I'm still a stupid triple D!

With that said, I want to start running. Anyone have ideas for cheap bras or something to keep them from flying off into space while I jog?

SW: 366

CW: 329

GW1: 200

RNY Dec 18, 2017!

I wish that was my problem. I was a full G. Now all I have is skin lol.

7m Post

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

I wish that was my problem. I was a full G. Now all I have is skin lol.7m Post

Argh
I'm still Still a G cup
At almost 4 months post op
Don't you wish you could choose where the weight loss comes from

I have no hope, if mine do indeed shrink then they'll be in the negative letters. As it stands I am the only female in the family without major boobage. I haven't been able to find bras at all that fit me now. I have to wear a sports bra I hate as they need a little smoothing down. I am not upset but I get called sir a lot and that doesn't feel to great most of the time lol

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎12 at 10:38 AM, Tealael said:

I need something that will last. And honestly it doesn't seem to matter is I machine or hand wash. I think the cup size is so big they forgot to use a thicker metal in the underwire and thicker fabric covering it.

I totally agree! I just had an underwire snap a couple of days ago... in the bra that I consider my 'fancy' bra, the one I only wear for special occasions and Sundays. They need to make them of stronger stuff for anything C or higher. The kicker is, I know that when one snaps, they all start to go. I was hoping to get to surgery without having to buy new ones.

I wish that was my problem. I was a full G. Now all I have is skin lol.7m Post

If it makes ya feel better I put on one of my favorites and now there is a weird gap between my armpit and bra lol

SW: 366
CW: 315
GW1: 200
RNY Dec 18, 2017!

I had a reduction & lift 7 years ago! Insurance paid for it because of the back pain it caused me. Check into it.