Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help with finding a insurance company to help pay for surgery

Yes I'm new here and I just found out today that my health insurance will not cover my wight loss surgery I waa approved for it but my healthy insurance didn't pick up the plan this year I don't understand if I started in 2017 y My insurance company want pay I'm with Florida Blue I'm so mad and have lost all of my faith because I feel like I have went through all of this for nothing looking for someone that could help me r a insurance I can pick up interested in anything right about now I really do need help Please

Hmm do you have anything else needing done that gi surgery could help? How about a hiatus hernia repair, do you have any comorbities like d iabetes, sleep apnea or change,of developing cancer or heart disease in your family. My,grandma, may she rest in peace, had a saying. The Good Lord never made an itch that he didn't make a scratcher to fit it. There has got to be an answer, maybe someone else on here can think,of something.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

If you have insurance coverage through your employer there's no guarantee that bariatric surgery is covered. Your employer gets to pick and choose what's covered and if they want to save money on premiums they may exclude things often considered non-essential, including bariatric surgery. I discovered last October that my company's PPO policy did not cover it, so i complained to HR and they got it included in the plan effective our next open enrollment date, which was Jan. 1. There may often be exceptions made if your doctor says your life is in danger if you don't have the surgery, but those are rare. So if your insurance says they don't cover it, go to HR immediately and ask them why it's not included in your coverage.

If you have insurance coverage through your employer there's no guarantee that bariatric surgery is covered. Your employer gets to pick and choose what's covered and if they want to save money on premiums they may exclude things often considered non-essential, including bariatric surgery. I discovered last October that my company's PPO policy did not cover it, so i complained to HR and they got it included in the plan effective our next open enrollment date, which was Jan. 1. There may often be exceptions made if your doctor says your life is in danger if you don't have the surgery, but those are rare. So if your insurance says they don't cover it, go to HR immediately and ask them why it's not included in your coverage.

Thanks a lot my thing is is was included in last we did open enrollment and I talked to someone by phone they also told me sence I started all ready I wouldn't have a problem at all now that March will b here soon when I'm scheduled to have surgery then this pops up of course my surgeon office said fight it but I don't even no where to begin at my job don't have HR in the building we have to call this 800 number and they not trying to help me at all.

Hmm do you have anything else needing done that gi surgery could help? How about a hiatus hernia repair, do you have any comorbities like d iabetes, sleep apnea or change,of developing cancer or heart disease in your family. My,grandma, may she rest in peace, had a saying. The Good Lord never made an itch that he didn't make a scratcher to fit it. There has got to be an answer, maybe someone else on here can think,of something.

I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure my surgery is approaching in March then I find out this bad news but before opening enrollment I ask my health insurance company would it b any problems and now this pops up when they could have told me the truth and I could have been looking around for new insurance that will help clover it

Too bad you don't have Obamacare type. When they had to cover maternity bariatrics, for some reason got "grandfathered" in. Just saying.

No I don't have it my insurance is through my job Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida it's sad all the money I pay for it and this happens to me [emoji22]