Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

2 minutes ago, Miss Topaz said:

Misses!!! I can't remember the last time...

Yeah!!! Tremendous milestone! I can't wait til I'm there!

Hey y'all! Anyone here want to be friends on MFP? I'm thinking about doing a challenge or bootcamp group. Here's my nic: littlegibbs62 (I think that's right!) :D Drop a pm with your nic to me or post it here--depending on how private you want to be! :)

Awww, great NSVs!! Clean checkups and new clothes! I was getting ready to go out last week and my shorts literally fell down to my knees LOL 16 W's. I was also thrilled, and got myself a couple of 16s.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok Fluff I think I can safely say I've read every page of your thread now! It was so funny (sorry) watching you go through those first few weeks of experimentation post-op! I'm going to be taking pretty much the opposite path in terms of nutrition and philosophy but I'm so thrilled to have you as a guide along the way! I "sparkleheart" you, my friend! :780_sparkling_heart:

Hey y'all! Anyone here want to be friends on MFP? I'm thinking about doing a challenge or bootcamp group. Here's my nic: littlegibbs62 (I think that's right!) [emoji3] Drop a pm with your nic to me or post it here--depending on how private you want to be! [emoji4]

I'm curious to hear what you propose :) rhorho86 om MFP

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Wheeeere oh where has our little Fluff gone? Wheeeere oh where could she be?

Earth to Fluffy! Check in with us :)

Wooohooooo. Thought I would post this here for posterity and since I never really believed in my heart of hearts I would actually stick it out and do this thing. Jokes on me!

Today I hit my mythical 65% of EBW lost since surgery. This is the number that they use to calculate your goal for RNY surgery. They estimate that you will lose 65% of EBW--for me that end weight is 156lbs. I had 102lbs of EBW on my carcass as of surgery day and my "ideal" is defined as 120lbs for my height. So to reach 65%, I had to lose 66.3lbs and today I am down 66.4lbs since surgery. It did take me since Feb 20th to do it though--not like I tore up the ground with losses. But still--focused/obsessed/whatevs--I did it. I'd like to thank the Academy.

So I can stop right? Cuz I'm a big ol' loser?

Not EVEN!!!

My actual 1st goal is 150lbs. I guess I'll be back to post about that when I hit it (hopefully this year ;) ).

Here's my piccy update (click to enlarge):

2017-2018WLS_MONTHLYCOMP.thumb.jpg.02d421c53c8d7e6d5c95f70d9342b357.jpg

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Wooohooooo. Thought I would post this here for posterity and since I never really believed in my heart of hearts I would actually stick it out and do this thing. Jokes on me!

Today I hit my mythical 65% of EBW lost since surgery. This is the number that they use to calculate your goal for RNY surgery. They estimate that you will lose 65% of EBW--for me that end weight is 156lbs. I had 102lbs of EBW on my carcass as of surgery day and my "ideal" is defined as 120lbs for my height. So to reach 65%, I had to lose 66.3lbs and today I am down 66.4lbs since surgery. It did take me since Feb 20th to do it though--not like I tore up the ground with losses. But still--focused/obsessed/whatevs--I did it. I'd like to thank the Academy.

So I can stop right? Cuz I'm a big ol' loser?

Not EVEN!!!

My actual 1st goal is 150lbs. I guess I'll be back to post about that when I hit it (hopefully this year ;) ).

Here's my piccy update (click to enlarge):

2017-2018WLS_MONTHLYCOMP.thumb.jpg.02d421c53c8d7e6d5c95f70d9342b357.jpg

Wow Fluffy, You are freaking inspirational. Six pounds to goal. I love how you are documenting your weight loss.

Look at those skinny pin legs! You are a whole new (nearly half the old) person!! Extraordinary!

AND you have inspired me every single one of those months!

You look fantastic and fabulous!!! Congratulations on your success!!!

8 months (I think--this damn new math! hahaha) I'm at 151.6lb PP (pre-poopy/pre-coffee; the coffee and poopy cancel each other out with a -/+ 1lb :D ) and am 1.6lbs away from 1st Goal of 150lbs. Can't believe it. I am starting month 9 (I think--re:above new math issues)

I was 222.4lbs on surgery day and today have lost 70.8lbs (I think--ie nm). Maybe some of you with advanced math skills or more toes can help me out. :) If I divide that by 8, I get around 8.8lbs of loss per month which is about what she said to expect--maybe a little slower. But hey, that dog'll hunt! I guarantee it.

I'm not gonna post pics until I hit my 1st Goal. :) They'll probably look a LOT like the last one at 7months. I think I'm only 5lbs down and it's hard enough posting pics of myself.

Feeling pretty good--maybe having a few tum issues OUO (of unknown origin) right now. Will have UGI and U/S on Wednesday but I don't expect them to show anything and the doc may want to scope me--but I'm hoping we get to adopt a WAS (wait and see) philosophy. Potassium is a bit low at 2.9 and will retest tomorrow--but otherwise my labs look fine. :) Yay team.

I feel so much better--can walk up to 60 minutes at one go. Am slowly building strength. My asthma doc and I broke up a couple of weeks ago and he now only wants to be friends (if I have an infection) cuz I'm not on any more asthma drugs. I'm on the cusp of getting off of my last blood pressure pill -- I hope! We'll see. The Fluid around my heart continues to get smaller and smaller with each echo cardiogram, and I expect my oncologist to do back flips of excitement next month when we see each other. He will also refer me to my final breast reconstruction and my beloved PS dude. He's a sweetheart--they all are actually. I have a phenomenal team of docs, NPs, PAs, nurses, RDs, counselors, and other allied health workers to whom I give all the credit and all the credit for keeping me alive these past 7 years and who are now helping me reclaim my life!!!

Posting this. I borrowed from someone on Facebook. Thought the tips for maxing success through months 6-12 were pretty cool and worth consideration! So I may try a few! This is from Dr. Apel at Blossom. I don't know him at all. He's not my doc. But thought these were pretty cool!

image.png.5a17c42e67563e52eca565c622292ca0.png