Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

11 hours ago, Biddynz said:

Ever since I have been here, fluff, you have been an inspiration. Eyes on the goal, I have admired you, and I have thought “how the hell can she keep this up for so bloody long before they give her the surgical tools to help?”

And now, you are on the thresh hold. All of us who arrived later and you helped as we waltzed by and got The Tool before you - now you join us on the losers’ bench.

I am so stoked, you will be on my mind a lot over the next few days.

❤️ (Heart emoji)

Oh my gosh. Tears. It's official. Heart grew 3 sizes just now. :D:780_sparkling_heart::780_sparkling_heart::780_sparkling_heart::D

Thank YOU so much for walking the road before me and letting me know that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train! And you've helped so much to let me know, that this "thing" looming is do-able. :) Hugs my friend. I appreciate your support more than you can possibly imagine!

@Sosewsue61 You look absolutely beautiful and so confident!!! Did you feel like you were on top of the world? I've never been on a cruise before, but gosh that looks and sounds like such fun. Love the piccy of the dining room and the beach too! The food sounds divine! I don't know whether to say you are lucky or unfortunate that you're sleeved and don't have to worry about dumping like you would with RNY. But I suspect you realize what a slippery slope that represents. ((hugs)) Good for you for exercising temperance in your serving sizes and for not gaining while on vaca!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Hope you'll hang around a while, now that you're back!!

21 hours ago, Apple203 said:

@FluffyChix I really can't believe that your two weeks are almost up -- seems like you just started!! How excited are you at this point?

I meant to tell you, I DID try banana+coffee, but with chocolate shake as base and espresso powder as coffee. And some spinach, just because. Its now my favorite shake!

I would be beyond excited but I have this nagging doubt that it's really gonna happen. I told the surgeon this week that I hoped it would not end up with me waking up and you saying, "Psyched! We didn't really remove anything..." And she smiled, reassured me, and told me that the plan is to do RNY and if anything would prevent that, then to do VSG. I said, ok. And asked if it was ok to get excited. She said it's ok. LOL. So yes, I'm beyond excited. :)

Your shake sounds super duper! What did you use for the banana? I swear the combination of banana and coffee, or chocolate, banana and coffee have been sustaining me for the past few days! The coffee really cuts down on the sweetness. And of course, I seriously love frozen spinach blended into my drinks!

I use bananas for the banana element :P I, too, feel like someone is going to pull the rug out from under me and there will be no surgery after all of this buildup -- its nerve wracking. Was at costco yesterday with husband and it really hit home for me that my pre-op diet starts in a week and the way we shop and eat is really going to change.

Day 14 In the bag baybeeee! Boomshackalacka!!! (T minus 2 and counting!)

Yesterday was a super duper day! We spent part of it with our niece and great niece where she cheered at a school basketball tournament. Then we took B to lunch while G continued to cheer at another game. I was immensely proud of my restraint. We went to a BBQ joint where they have this "cafeteria style" ordering and it looked sooooooo meatalicious!!! But I got through it and ordered my cup of decaff and a tall glass of ice and we sat down. While they ate, I poured the Decaf onto the ice and followed with my Protein Drink. As they ate, I sipped. And we had a lovely opportunity to visit and catch up! And my focus wasn't on food for once. What an eye-opener!!!

After lunch we kissed them goodbye and then went Targeting and HEBing. I got some last minute stuff and a pair of cheap-ass disposable house slippers to wear at the hospital, and laid in a supply of food for Mr. F. and Cakki my sissy who is coming to take care of me for a couple of days. That way, when I'm ready to go home, I will just toss them in their trash and no MRSA or C-diff will come home with me (or at least, I cut that risk down considerably).

I also ordered liquid sugar free acetaminophen (McKesson Geri-Care) and Gas-X strips online at Amazon. Thank you Amazon Prime. I :780_sparkling_heart: you. Can you believe it's so difficult to get sugar free tylenol or Gas X strips in a brick n mortar?

By the time I finished everything I was seriously pooped and in big time Billy Badass pain, so threw Mr. F a port wine cheeseball and pork rind snack, made a cup of Herb Ox Beef Bouillon and sat in my chair. It was leftovers for the boy, and Protein broth for me with Jello and a SF Tropical Popsicle back. Good times. Tomball on a Saturday night!

Today I'm making a pork roast and a grilled ribeye with asparagus and a mixed salad with blue cheese dressing as his "proverbial" last meal. Tomorrow will be more leftovers and he and Cakki will have pork roast leftover for the week. Today I'm concentrating on getting the house straightened and clothes washed, folded and put away. Then tomorrow I will pack and relax! I'm not planning on working tomorrow at all! Say a prayer that really works out. :D

Here's Day 14 Food Log. (Using the Clear PP really brought the cals down. :( )

021718FluffyFoodLog_Day14PreOpLiquids.thumb.JPG.369590aa4fa040dd402ec7b798aebc6c.JPG

Edited by FluffyChix

20 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

I use bananas for the banana element :P I, too, feel like someone is going to pull the rug out from under me and there will be no surgery after all of this buildup -- its nerve wracking. Was at costco yesterday with husband and it really hit home for me that my pre-op diet starts in a week and the way we shop and eat is really going to change.

OMG. That is such a huge realization!!! ((hugs)) I was 228.6 before the last 4 days leading up to my pre-op diet. I managed through cunning and forethought to eat my way from 228.6 up to 234 as of the morning of the 1st day of POLiquid. How crazy right? It's the very thing I have posted for people to not do. And yet, I did it. And enjoyed every minute of it. Every day was a food funeral! But seriously...looking back, I was shocked at how much less I ate! I couldn't fit in all the meals or eat the complete meal even. We had leftovers for Mr. F! I would just encourage you to eat what you find the most and bestest! I went with cheap fatty crap and Texas BBQ, which is not cheap, lol. If I coulda found an RC Cola and a Moon Pie, I probably woulda had a couple of those too! :blush: One week is gonna be here SO dang fast girl!!!!

I don't know how to get us past that waiting for the other shoe to drop part. :( It's the pessimist in me, I suppose? But I also think we read the horror stories here on the board and see that it can be a reality so we're trying to mitigate potential damages as a coping mechanism perhaps? Dunno. ((hugs)) You are gonna be a rock star through this!

Hey! Why not make your own surgery thread story here so we can all come cheer you day by day? It's really been helpful to me, although it must be like watching attention seeking paint dry to everyone else!! I'd come cheer you on!!!

Edited by FluffyChix

haha. Cakki is older. Nanny is older. I'm youngest.

So the youngest pullet in your flock is the cutest, got it. Smooth out your feathers, sink back on your velvet- coated perch and watch the world turn on its axis. You'll fly straight and true into the hospital, afterwards you'll soar like an eagle, land on the Losers Bench & Inspire Apple and me, we wanna join you soon.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks hon and I believe you all will!

Do you have any news on your review or you're still waiting for the Tuesday review board to meet?

Still waiting, I'm feeling discouraged, wrote in a few posts, started a thread or 2. Hey i wrote in one the other day about pulled pork, I've always had trouble with it although brisket and the rest go Just fine. She b******d me out, said she only wanted to hear from Post Surgery people, like my feet stink or somethin. Bet I never darken her virtual door, it did hurt my feelings. Creek Imp stuck up for me, said I was 72 and only trying to help. Geesh some people!

Fluff, aw shucks, foot shuffle thanks! I am rooting for you big time chickadee. I will keep close tabs on you.

This humorous pic was taken on Curacuo JUST FOR YOU! The naked chicken restaurant.

20180206_112903.jpg

2 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

Still waiting, I'm feeling discouraged, wrote in a few posts, started a thread or 2. Hey i wrote in one the other day about pulled pork, I've always had trouble with it although brisket and the rest go Just fine. She b******d me out, said she only wanted to hear from Post Surgery people, like my feet stink or somethin. Bet I never darken her virtual door, it did hurt my feelings. Creek Imp stuck up for me, said I was 72 and only trying to help. Geesh some people!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's the PITS! And makes you feel so helpless. Just glom onto faith and hold fast! And we'll continue to pray like the devil's after us!!!

Yes, well I can't comment on that thread or that poster without violating TOC. I had to ask myself these 3 critical questions when I read it:

1. Does what is about to be said now, need to be said?

2. Does what is said need to be said right now?

3. Does what is said need to be said by you?

And it failed to pass. So I sat on my hands. But needless to say--her picture speaks loudly. Isn't a picture worth a 1000 words? I think it is! What I don't get is that we were all fatties. I'm pretty sure most of us were bullied and ridiculed either repetitively or at some point in our lives. Why on earth would someone who has managed to escape the bonds of their morbid obesity act like a mean girl skinny bi*ch? I just don't get it. I would think someone like that has perhaps a serious personality disorder. :(

1 minute ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Fluff, aw shucks, foot shuffle thanks! I am rooting for you big time chickadee. I will keep close tabs on you.

This humorous pic was taken on Curacuo JUST FOR YOU! The naked chicken restaurant.

20180206_112903.jpg

Uncle Henry!!!!! Cover yourself for God's sake!!! :D Thanks for thinking of me sweetie!!! And um, I come from a long line of chickens that really like being nekkidy! hehehehe! ;) LOVE this piccy and love that you thought of me!!! ((hugs)) :780_sparkling_heart: (you know a sparkle heart is much bigger than a regular one, right?)