Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

Bummer, Fluffy

Dr. Weiner suggests an alternative online: 1 c. yogurt, 1 banana, 4T PB2 or natural PB (http://drmatthewweiner.com/a-better-protein-shake/). Maybe you can run that by your dr? I personally like sfh Pure from Whole Foods, but if whey's the problem, its not for you.

I've always wondered about the non-whey powders -- now I know I don't need to try them! :P

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I hate whining and not being an encouragement on here. *sigh* I just sent an email to the RD and will see what she says.

@kakatlady612 I truly don't know if I have any switches available. I can't do soy cuz of er/per+ BC--onc's orders. The other vegan Proteins are high in phytoestrogens as well. :( And the egg white Protein gave me ringing ears and asthma worse than milk (although I'm not allergic to eggs that I'm aware). I do have some milk sensitivity but am ok with cheese and yogurt in small amounts.

3 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Bummer, Fluffy

Dr. Weiner suggests an alternative online: 1 c. yogurt, 1 banana, 4T PB2 or natural PB (http://drmatthewweiner.com/a-better-protein-shake/). Maybe you can run that by your dr? I personally like sfh Pure from Whole Foods, but if whey's the problem, its not for you.

I've always wondered about the non-whey powders -- now I know I don't need to try them! :P

Yeah, it would be lovely, but I think they want you pretty low fat, low carb, low cal? But will see what RD says. The aggravating thing is I thought I had my Protein powders ironed out in the past few months. It took forevs to find the ones I tolerate as well as I do. You know? I kinda fear that they might cancel surgery and make me go do kidney or liver testing. :(

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Yeah, it would be lovely, but I think they want you pretty low fat, low carb, low cal? But will see what RD says. The aggravating thing is I thought I had my Protein powders ironed out in the past few months. It took forevs to find the ones I tolerate as well as I do. You know? I kinda fear that they might cancel surgery and make me go do kidney or liver testing. :(

Maybe pre-op you can move to actual food (many people have this option)?

6 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Maybe pre-op you can move to actual food (many people have this option)?

Wow, that would be a cake walk! I'm going to suggest the Peanut Butter smoothie too. But the sad thing is a full serving of yogurt jacks with my blood sugar, and I haven't ruled out if the peanuts butter powder is also making my ears ring. Don't know where that is coming from, only that it's gotten crazy making bad since starting this 9 days ago and there could be so many sources. You know?

Why can't it be simple?

I am more than slightly egg intolerate, as an example I can tell you how many eggs are in an omelet etc by the amount of gastrointestinal pain. And the smelly loose stool in a few hours, I know I know TMI. Hey things a little snafu for me, I'm in Mansfield now but when I Get home I've got to call Columbus. Lets say my case went to the Bariatric Court of Appeals at my hospital. A prayer at this time would not be unwarranted.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

3 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

I am more than slightly egg intolerate, as an example I can tell you how many eggs are in an omelet etc by the amount of gastrointestinal pain. And the smelly loose stool in a few hours, I know I know TMI. Hey things a little snafu for me, I'm in Mansfield now but when I Get home I've got to call Columbus. Lets say my case went to the Bariatric Court of Appeals at my hospital. A prayer at this time would not be unwarranted.

prayers to you! Have to go get ready for my pre-op interview, so won't be around for the rest of today, but will check in tonight! ((hugs))

The Baratric Court of Appeals won't meet until your surgery date. Shall we say I didn't make this week's docket? How do i keep from going bonkers? How did you keep from pulling out your feathers? I wanted my life to show some order, it's like organizing a drill team of earthworms, everybody is wiggling out of my reach. I keep blowing on my whistle but nothing's lining up. It could still be early-mid March, I don't know whether to hold on that or resign myself to dying fat, broken in body and spirit. I had come so far,was working on making changes to my life and health to have it dashed on the rocks. I really thought my surgeon had the man bits (well you know the proper Spanish term for it) to go forth, did I misjudge him? Are his hands bound? I just heard within last 5 minutes from Amber the coordinator telling me not to sweat it, things are not beyond hope . Easy for her to say, right now I'm shaking,like a bowl of sugar free Jello. your BFF Me

1 hour ago, kakatlady612 said:

The Baratric Court of Appeals won't meet until your surgery date. Shall we say I didn't make this week's docket? How do i keep from going bonkers? How did you keep from pulling out your feathers? I wanted my life to show some order, it's like organizing a drill team of earthworms, everybody is wiggling out of my reach. I keep blowing on my whistle but nothing's lining up. It could still be early-mid March, I don't know whether to hold on that or resign myself to dying fat, broken in body and spirit. I had come so far,was working on making changes to my life and health to have it dashed on the rocks. I really thought my surgeon had the man bits (well you know the proper Spanish term for it) to go forth, did I misjudge him? Are his hands bound? I just heard within last 5 minutes from Amber the coordinator telling me not to sweat it, things are not beyond hope . Easy for her to say, right now I'm shaking,like a bowl of sugar free Jello. your BFF Me

I'm sorry you're going through this. ((hugs)) Why are they denying you and why do you need to go to the BCOA? I thought you just had to get and UGI or Endoscopy or something? *scratches head*

The only thing you can do is continue to make improvements and follow your eating plan to the t so that you will be the healthiest you can be. You want them to send you a letter in writing with the specific reasons why--if they deny you--so you can fight it line item by line item.

It's so hard to stay focused and positive when you feel out of control. And this sounds like a zoo for you! But you have to do what you can, to protect you from all of this stress. You have to honestly only take it 1 day at a time and pray pray pray. You know?

Ready for this- I saw a psychologist not a psychiatrist this 2nd try in the Bariatric Rodeo. Found out now that I had been approved in 2016, my job terminated and i lost insurance coverage,at that time. Now they tell me i had been totally approved and were only waiting on my new insurance# to assign,me a date. Never told me.

Anywhoo, this independent psych broad from what i understand stated I was either emotionally or mentally too instable,for surgery. Never gave

me an inkling of her backstabbing plans. Thought we had parted on good terms, even told me I had passed,everything that day.

GOD I hate being,lied to and/or manipulated. Now I wait a week to find out if the impressions each of them had meeting or consulting with me is enough to over-ride her negative comment. What is this Miss America where I have to be Miss Congeniality,? I'm a little old to compete in a popularity contest. I'm sorry Fluffy --but it twists my knickers in a ball.

12 hours ago, kakatlady612 said:

Ready for this- I saw a psychologist not a psychiatrist this 2nd try in the Bariatric Rodeo. Found out now that I had been approved in 2016, my job terminated and i lost insurance coverage,at that time. Now they tell me i had been totally approved and were only waiting on my new insurance# to assign,me a date. Never told me.

Anywhoo, this independent psych broad from what i understand stated I was either emotionally or mentally too instable,for surgery. Never gave

me an inkling of her backstabbing plans. Thought we had parted on good terms, even told me I had passed,everything that day.

GOD I hate being,lied to and/or manipulated. Now I wait a week to find out if the impressions each of them had meeting or consulting with me is enough to over-ride her negative comment. What is this Miss America where I have to be Miss Congeniality,? I'm a little old to compete in a popularity contest. I'm sorry Fluffy --but it twists my knickers in a ball.

Damn. Can't you just go to another psych? The one who approved you in 2016 and redo the psych part?

Day 10 Done and Crossed Off the List! Bazinga!

Ok, so I'm very relieved to report that yesterday was better. Thank you again to all of you sweet patient people for talking me off the ledge! I sent a message to the RD and am still waiting to hear a reply. But I really am suspecting that I need to find a new alternative to the Protein Powder. I'm thinking I might do a Pure or something from GNC that's unflavored because I've a feeling the "natural flavors" and sweeteners may be jacking with my ears and also causing me to swell.

I had Premier Proteins yesterday and did much better both from an ear ringing and satiety level, and the swelling was very low. My ears were feeling pretty good, until last night when I had Herb Ox sodium free beef bouillon. A little later I noticed the loud ringing again and I still have it this morning. So maybe it's also the broth? I'm going to not have broth today and see what happens and will stick to PP shakes. But damn, 2 1/2 or 3 a day is gonna be EXPENSIVE! I don't spend $9/day on my food! :blush::o:wacko: But whatever gets me through the pre-op storm. After the surgery, there are so many other alternatives.

Had the pre-op hospital visit yesterday. Nothing to report. It all looked to go well. Got blood work drawn, got results last night, and they look beautiful. Oh and I asked her to settle a question for the boards: Do docs routinely do drug testing on patients to try to see if they're really still smoking/drinking/smoking weed. She laughed and said no, that it would cost billions in extra $$. They take the patient's word and if they lie, it's on them. LOL.

So now, just onward to getting things squared away for next Tuesday! Oh, forgot to mention, I've officially lost 100lbs from my highest weight ever of 325lbs. It only took me 17 1/2 years, but I'm a slow learner and a work in progress. Good times!

Here's Day 10 food Log:

021318FluffyFoodLog_Day10PreOpLiquids.JPG.beedda62bf0b8257b377379f113baed2.JPG

Edited by FluffyChix

Ok, yeah, we shoulda known that I can't be happy travelling the straight and narrow path. This time I added Fairlife milk back to test if the ringing gets worse and swelling comes back--since yesterday I found out that I was pretty good with the Premier Protein shakes RTDs. I also know I'm good with McCormick flavor extracts.

I like making iced Protein coffees cuz they extend the PP. Sadly as a pre-op, 11floz of PP although rich, still leaves me wanting more volume. Brewed decaff is a good way to add that volume without calories and for very little caffeine.

So here's my lates pre-surg liquid diet approved ice coffee! Woot! It's delicious! And take a while to drink!

Choco Banoffee Iced Protein coffee

Serves 1

6 floz brewed decaff

4 floz Prem Protein chocolate, RTD

3 floz Fairlife fat free milk

1/8-1/4 tsp banana extract (McCormick's)

4 drops liquid stevia (Vitacost)

ice

Mix, stir, fill 20oz glass with ice and enjoy.

Nutritionals: 88 cals; 16g protein; 1g fat; 4g carbs; 1g fiber; 3g net carbs; 120mg sodium

**To increase Fiber, add either Benefiber or whole psyllium husks or chia or ground flax seeds

Fluffy are you up and stirring off your perch? I started a new thread on changing hospitals this morning, Creek Imp already weighed in, I tell a little more of the story over there. The lyrics of a song in my head " We ain't gonna take it , we ain't gonna take it anymore" wish I could sue the socks off of them, but that's my redhead Scots-Irish temper coming out. Where do I go from here? I'd hide myself in food but I won't do that ANYMORE.

1 hour ago, kakatlady612 said:

Fluffy are you up and stirring off your perch? I started a new thread on changing hospitals this morning, Creek Imp already weighed in, I tell a little more of the story over there. The lyrics of a song in my head " We ain't gonna take it , we ain't gonna take it anymore" wish I could sue the socks off of them, but that's my redhead Scots-Irish temper coming out. Where do I go from here? I'd hide myself in food but I won't do that ANYMORE.

Where is it? I'm sorry, but am swamped and don't know where to search for it. Thanks.