Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

5 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

Fluffy I finally,got a hold of the verdompt hospital. They all are

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Well don't leave us in suspense! What did they say? :)

Having Sgt Shultz moments I know nothing I see nothing. Grrr, I left a message for Amber,my coordinator. I'm in an entirely,different area code from the hospital, have to dial 10 didgets to get me. Now what? Things aren't looking,good for me to join you, are they damn I hate that

I'm so sorry. ((hugs)) I replied to you in the Insurance thread. It's so difficult to have the plans change from what you were working toward. The rescheduling makes it feel like things will never end and like the reality of surgery is tenuous at best. You just have to breathe deeply and hold onto belief. It sounds easy but is really hard! And of course, hang out on the boards a lot! LOL. I have been VERY good about that! It takes your mind off of it. :D Hang in there sweetie.

Day 2 of 15 is officially out the door and it was successful. I felt WAY more hunger than on Day1. But the good news is that for now, hot clear broth, sf Jello, and sf Popsicle are managing the breakthrough hunger well enough. Do I feel like I could sit down to a 16oz rib eye? Yep. Would it be wise? Nope. So Iron Will 2 v. Felicia 0. :D

Today is brought to you by the Letter O, for "Ohhhhh good golly Miss Molly, today's gonna be a humdinger!" Cuz I woke up with the tummy thinking my throat has been cut. I'm Starvin' Marvin' this morning. So I'm tearin' into the black decaff coffee like there's no tomorrow! I read that Day 3 is supposed to be some kind of wall that once scaled presents easier days beyond it. So here's to nailing Day 3! I'm also listening to Tom Petty's Swingin' for inspiration and a little "morning drive music".

It's not like I haven't had to fight like a girl before--7 years of BC recovery kinda prepared me for this new fight.

image.png.a491d89dab83961dd1e8900d5cf441ea.png

Interestingly, even though hunger is very real, the excitement for the surgery and the commitment to this process continues to grow much faster than the deprivation. This keeps the suckage low and manageable.

Here's yesterday's Menu. Pretty repetitive, a limited list of playahs, but it is what it is. I can't really figure out how to get my calories higher without making my Protein go off the charts. Maybe I'll try making the Protein Drinks with unsweetened vanilla coconut milk--but that only add 45 cals per 8fl oz.

020518FluffyFoodLog_Day2PreOpLiquids.thumb.JPG.9e8dc1a1bd46130222230090c478ff37.JPG

Yeah yeah,I'm awake. Time to turn over and take my Dexilant. If I don't My upper right tummy will spass and gripe all day. Gastroenterologist says it's gastritis, surgery that blocks off the acid producing portion of my stomach should only help. I slready have a small ulcer, probably too many NSAIDS. Got a few,musical selections for your enjoyment.
He's All Yours:-* prefer the Sherrie Austin version over Brooke Eden
You Ain't Right-Joey and Rory
Karma is a Female dog-Bomshel
Done- The Band Perry
Those are some of my bravery songs. Oh and there's always Toby Keith-All About Me.
Don't know what today's gonna hold, hoping for summthin' good, ya know.
Tomkitten wants salmon patties, boy do love that stuff. Maybe I'll bake some increased talipa and still around with a self-righteous look on my face. Not gonna break out my Liquid Protein until I have something to Celebrate. My surgeon doesn't even require it but if I can drop a pound or 2 pre surg good for me. My blender died so I'll need to invest in a new one to blend things. Trying to economize, don't know if I can organize free Columbus trips for the testing. Already got transport lined up for the 15th, God I hope I don't have to cancel![emoji307] ya Chickie, you're helping keep me sane in a pocket of insanity.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, FluffyChix said:

I went from 228 up to 234 for my official Pre-Op liquid diet weigh-in. It's so bogus that I can gain up 10lbs overnight.

It was the salt. :) Bet it's gone now....and yes, day 3 it just gets easier. It did for me. hang in there...and keep posting! You'll be helping out so many others who need encouragement to get through...and get a good laugh through it. Cause we all know...laughter is the best medicine! You can be Dr FluffyChix! How's that for a name?

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

It was the salt. :) Bet it's gone now....and yes, day 3 it just gets easier. It did for me. hang in there...and keep posting! You'll be helping out so many others who need encouragement to get through...and get a good laugh through it. Cause we all know...laughter is the best medicine! You can be Dr FluffyChix! How's that for a name?

Ha! Yes it was the salt. Yesterday I peed like a racehorse and today I was at 230.4 lbs this morning. :D I'd love to be down to 225lbs by next Tuesday for my hospital pre-surg tests/interview. :D Hey, a girl can dream--but I know I'd probably have to snort coke to believe I can drop 5lbs (even of fluid) by next Tuesday. LOL.

I hope I can look back on this and laugh--maybe others will see some benefit rather than the antics of raging wanna-be narcissist? :D ;) On the suck-o-meter, the first 2 days really haven't been that bad. I thank God for SF Popsicles....mmmmmm....grape! Makes me a happy girl!

Hey, do you know on a liquid pre-op diet, can we use a little bit of condensed cream of mushroom or chicken Soup in our broth? Or how about small amounts of sugar free Hershey's chocolate Syrup? Any thoughts on this? I forgot to ask my RD. :(

I made a really tasty smoothie. I don't claim the recipe--as others have been using sf Jello powder (not the pudding) in their smoothies since Moby d**k was a minnow. LOL. Here's the recipe--it was surprisingly thick and satisfying.

Strawberry banana Pre-op Protein Smoothie

12 fl oz SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk, unsweetened

31g (1scoop) Isopure Bananas and Cream low carb Protein Powder

3g sugar free strawberry Gelatin powder

6g whole psyllium husks (Now brand)

8 cubes ice

Put everything in a ginormous blender cup and wazz with a stick blender until smooth and all the ice is chewed up. Stick a straw in it and enjoy.

Nutritionals: 199cals; 26g protein; 8g fat; 7g carbs; 4g fiber; 3g net carbs; 2g sugar

Dunno? I'm not partial to blue raspberry. I know they make sf raspberry Jello (Royal brand). I mix it with a package of orange to double the recipe when I'm making it. But raspberry by itself, meh...don't know why? I think the fat is a little high using the coconut milk, but I won't sweat it if I have only 1 of those per day. I'm not getting fat from any other source. I don't have any almond milk to compare.

Engineered a cup of tasty chicken broth for 17cals.

Chinese Chicken Broth (pre-op friendly)

8fl oz low sodium chicken broth (Central Market Organics)

1 pinch ground ginger

1 pinch granulated garlic

1/8 tsp toasted sesame oil

1/8 tsp tamari

1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce

Nuke for 2 minutes, stir and sip like a cup of tea. Mmmmm!

Nutritionals: 17cals; 2g protein; 1g fat; 1g carbs; 0g fiber; 1g net carbs; 1g sugar

19 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey, do you know on a liquid pre-op diet, can we use a little bit of condensed cream of mushroom or chicken Soup in our broth? Or how about small amounts of sugar free Hershey's chocolate Syrup? Any thoughts on this? I forgot to ask my RD. :(

I'm am not too sure, I wouldn't see why not for the syrup, given that it's sugar free but I would for sure check with your RD first. My thoughts on the condensed cream of mushroom Soup, even though it's just a tiny bit of amount, it's creamed...that usually means fat. Now, at how far I am now, I don't give a hoot about having that, but during my pre-op and early stages I stuck to the list I had.

16 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Engineered a cup of tasty chicken broth for 17cals.

Chinese chicken broth (pre-op friendly)

8fl oz low sodium chicken broth (Central Market Organics)

1 pinch ground ginger

1 pinch granulated garlic

1/8 tsp toasted sesame oil

1/8 tsp tamari

1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce

Nuke for 2 minutes, stir and sip like a cup of tea. Mmmmm!

Nutritionals: 17cals; 2g protein; 1g fat; 1g carbs; 0g fiber; 1g net carbs; 1g sugar

DId you come up with this? This is awesome...I can taste the broth already...even though I don't do chicken anymore. LOL Wonder if it'll taste just as good with veggie broth??? I should try....I have all those ingredients on hand.

Update: totally missed that you ENGINEERED it. LOL

Edited by Newme17

Good luck, Fluffy! We're rooting for ya!